16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wasn't that a simply beautiful "Gatcha" That Car Nut just delivered to Danr55 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the club Car Nut !!!
Old 02-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

Carnut, Coming from John, take that as a compliment. Well done John..

We're all nice to John because his wife is the best cook in about 11 counties and we get invited for Burgers, Brats and Brew every year. It's a wonderful thing.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 02-15-2010, 05:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Enough pot shots at each other for a while. I need to get a count of how many people are going on the run on 2/21 to Punkin Center. Need to call the eatery so they will know how many bowls to fill. Who's planning on going and how many heads will be in your car?

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

Old 02-15-2010, 06:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

Danr, I am planning of joining you. Start a new Thread.

AZ Bob
Old 02-15-2010, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 c.i. f.i.
Not Ranked     

Hey Dan,
I'm planning on heading up with you guys on the 21st. I'll probably be driving solo. What time are you meeting at the gas station off of Shea?

Bill
Old 02-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396W Kirkham KMPS036
Not Ranked     

Dan,

Count me in. See you at the Chevron Station around 9:30.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Damn, This thread has grown since I was last here.

KOOL

I'll be there on the 21st.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 02-18-2010, 07:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bebout View Post
Danr, 'taint a true gotcha if there's no blood coming from ears, or eyes, or nose, or any other orifice.
Yo Karl, seems to me you dumped on me big time for a perceived thread hijack about Danr55's Orange Chebby being slower than my soon to be acquired SPF Cobra. So if this Gotcha thang ain't a thread hijack then somebody got a lot of splainin to do. Did I get that right? tin-man
Old 02-18-2010, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Hey Tinner, Didn't intend to dump on you, specifically. Just sayin...
BTW, sure hope you have better luck with your 511 than the other guys have had. Still not too late to change your mind, is it? Bet a sweet 572 Chebby would fit. Think of the grief you could get.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     

Tin Man
I truly hope for your sake you have a better experience than I have had. I would also make sure you have things spelled out well in writing from whoever you are buying it from and take a lesson from me about making sure they provide you a receipt of any and ll warranty work they do. I have been told by Roush that they normally dont provide that to customers. I had to pull teeth to get it.
Ron
Old 02-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, since Aunt Becky's is closed, I called Butcher Hook and asked about 20 folks for lunch on Sunday. They said no problem. So we'll eat there.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

Old 02-18-2010, 08:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
Tin Man
I truly hope for your sake you have a better experience than I have had. I would also make sure you have things spelled out well in writing from whoever you are buying it from and take a lesson from me about making sure they provide you a receipt of any and ll warranty work they do. I have been told by Roush that they normally dont provide that to customers. I had to pull teeth to get it.
Ron
Ron, I sure hope so, but judging from the lousy feedback I have had from their customer service so far I am concerned for the level of attention to detail the builder puts into the overall assembly. I understand there have only been 33 of the 511's built so far. It would be interesting to see what serial numbers had the same amount of grief that you had. tin-man
Old 02-19-2010, 05:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tinner, You and I have had some fun on this forum and with the folks on here, but in all seriousness, unless you're prepared for the headaches that all three of the 511 customers that have been on here have reported, you better find a different motor. We have heard nothing but horror stories about the Rousch 511 motor. Delays, failures, poor service, no service....I think I would pick $hi! with the chickens before I would buy a Rousch motor at this point. There are too many other builders out there.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

Old 02-19-2010, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danr55 View Post
..I think I would pick $hi! with the chickens.

Jeff, I think Danr just took a shoot at you.
Superformance #884 --- Sold
No more Furds.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Well, since Aunt Becky's is closed, I called Butcher Hook and asked about 20 folks for lunch on Sunday. They said no problem. So we'll eat there.
I found this on a fishing site.

New Restraurant in Tonto Basin Coming Soon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, I haven't posted on here in a while, but I have been busy. I want to announce to everyone that I am opening a new restaurant in Tonto Basin. It is called "Momma Lou's Cafe". It is located in Punkin Center (it was formerly Aunt Becky's). We are bringing to the table home cooked meals. We will be open from 6AM to 8PM Sunday thru Thursday and 6AM to 10PM Friday and Saturday. I hope you all will stop by and see me and enjoy my home cooked meals. Everyday there will be a different special for lunch and dinner. On Friday nights we will we will be having fresh fried catfish cajun style, you can also have grilled catfish. With it you will enjoy southern hush puppies french fries and cole slaw, or we have many items on the menu to choose from. We also have a fishermans brown bag special that consist of a cold cut sandwich of your choice with chips, homemade cookies and a can drink for $5.95, so come have breakfast, pick up your lunch and go to the lake. Also if you have a big fish you want to show off, we are creating a fishing wall of toads, bring me an 8X10 I will have a engraved plate made with your information to go on it and proudly hang it in our fishing room. We hope to be open by March 15th, I look forward to seeing all you guys.
Superformance #884 --- Sold
No more Furds.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Tinner, You and I have had some fun on this forum and with the folks on here, but in all seriousness, unless you're prepared for the headaches that all three of the 511 customers that have been on here have reported, you better find a different motor. We have heard nothing but horror stories about the Rousch 511 motor. Delays, failures, poor service, no service....I think I would pick $hi! with the chickens before I would buy a Rousch motor at this point. There are too many other builders out there.
Hi Danr55, yep you are probably right, but unfortunately I am already 25 large in the tank with the deposit and really don't want to walk away from that type of gelt. So it seems like I must suck it up and hope all works out. That said, gathering the serial numbers makes a formidable defense if push comes to shove. I sure hope that does not happen but my gut tells me to prepare well.

Look forward to meeting all you guys in May, but at that time if you happen to see me pushing my ride, then you know there is gonna be a whole lot of splainin that needs to be done by the Roush people. tin-man
Old 02-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dan, Thanks for the info.

Tinner, Keep your fingers and legs crossed between now and then. You might even approach Rousch in a curiious mode asking about all of the BAD THINGS you've heard lately about their motors and see what they say. I would be interested in that.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

Old 02-19-2010, 09:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     

Tin Man, you might also check to see if they could switch your 511 to a carb verion since most of my trouble and others are the FI. I have heard as much problems with the carb motors as the fuel injected ones.
Ron
Old 02-19-2010, 10:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Dan, Thanks for the info.

Tinner, Keep your fingers and legs crossed between now and then. You might even approach Rousch in a curiious mode asking about all of the BAD THINGS you've heard lately about their motors and see what they say. I would be interested in that.
Rousch

Rouch

Roush
Old 02-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Carnut.. just goes to show I don't care about Rousch or Rouch or Roush..

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209