Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Speed world Challenge March 26th (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/103124-speed-world-challenge-march-26th.html)

DWRAT 03-01-2010 10:31 AM

Speedworld Challenge March 26th

OK guys, does Friday night March 26th work for everyone???

I have contacted Speedworld and they can give us our own racing lane, that means we can race each other.

It will cost $25.00 per racer/car and $15 per spectator.

Gates open at 6:00 and racing stars at 7:00pm.

I need a approximate head count, if you can make it please respond to this post.

Everyone is welcome, no matter what you want to race(even CarNut, just no Falcon).

Dan

Here is a link to speed World. http://www.speedworlddragstrip.com/index.php

mikiec 03-01-2010 11:18 AM

I won't be there... Working.

Mike

vettestr 03-01-2010 12:40 PM

Dan,
What are the rules and needed equipment they will be checking for? If no arrangement has been made I bet a pass quicker than 12.0 or maybe a 12.5 and they ask you to leave.

For 12.01 and slower cars you will need a quick safety check. .............
Batteries must be secured with a min. of 2 @ 3/8 bolts
Current helmet SFI Spec 31.1A = Snell SA, open-face helmet SFI Spec 31.2A = Snell SA, full-face helmet
Leather jacket suggested but long sleeve shirt and pants a min. so no shorts
are there any more details or equip. needed?

DWRAT 03-01-2010 12:41 PM

Mike do you work every Friday night?

DWRAT 03-01-2010 12:45 PM

Jeff,
11.49 seconds and faster needs the added safty items.
Will any one be running that fast on street tires?

DWRAT 03-01-2010 12:58 PM

Track rules here: http://www.speedworlddragstrip.com/trackrules.php

Karl Bebout 03-01-2010 01:25 PM

That Jeff..he knows all about getting thrown off the track.

csx4910 03-01-2010 01:58 PM

If I can make it where can I get a helmet aorund here locally?

vettestr 03-01-2010 02:07 PM

THANKS Karlos,
I am talking to the Rat on the cell right now. I told him street tires will be no problem if they are drag radials. I also reminded him I have been 86'd before and with your help one time. I used you to make my point about drag radials running sub 11 passes.

So will you be running by this friday?

mikiec 03-01-2010 02:11 PM

Dan,

I don't get off on Fridays before 6PM. By the time I get home and then get out there it will be after 8pm.

You guys enjoy.

Mike

DWRAT 03-01-2010 02:23 PM

OK,
I have talked to Victoria and Rich on a conference call at speed World.
Our cars are considered open cockpit cars and we will need a full face helmet, driving jacket & groves. For those running power adders you will also need a fire suit.
As far as times/speed goes they will accommodate us as long as we let them know up front what the cars will/should do.

DWRAT 03-01-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiec (Post 1032914)
Dan,

I don't get off on Fridays before 6PM. By the time I get home and then get out there it will be after 8pm.

You guys enjoy.

Mike

Mike the racing doesn't even start until 7PM and it goes until midnight.
I know Don wants you at the track, something to due with you thinking your car is faster then his car.

vettestr 03-01-2010 02:31 PM

They have let us play without d-shaft hoops and no roll bars. Our bars are not legal for a raodster but not faster than 12 seconds and 12.5 at some events.

NHRA requires a DOT, SNELL or SFI helmet for any car quicker than 14.00. There are a number of different specs so you should check with your local tech inspector.

For cars that run e.t.’s between 12.00 and 13.99, all of the above requirements apply along with the addition of a driveshaft loop. A new-for-’95 rule exempts cars running 13.00 and slower when equipped with street tires. Since traction is the key to going quick, this places more strain on the driveshaft. To prevent the driveshaft from breaking at the front U-joint area and perhaps coming into the interior of the car, or digging into the track and pole-vaulting the car, NHRA mandates that a steel loop be placed just behind the front U-joint of the driveshaft. A universal driveshaft loop is available from Lakewood that bolts to the floorpan. A rollbar is required in this e.t. bracket only if the car is a convertible.

vettestr 03-01-2010 02:35 PM

Ratboy,
I did not see your post # 11 as I was hacking away as you posted it. Since you worked details out with her then great. I was going by memory and it is not so good

mikiec 03-01-2010 02:40 PM

Don and I discussed this last Saturday night. Before I knew it would be at night and on a Friday. Actually, no matter when it is setup, I'll not run my car, but I'll be there to cheer everyone on.

Mike

ItBites 03-01-2010 04:36 PM

I'll be there, unless I break the car or something...

And yes, Mr Rat, I do hope to go <11.5 on street tires... BUT, we'll see

Also, I'll be trailering, so if anyone breaks, and I don't, I can help with an emergency tow

See youse there, huckleberrys...

ratsnst1 03-01-2010 07:26 PM

any pics of your car

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItBites (Post 1032946)
I'll be there, unless I break the car or something...

And yes, Mr Rat, I do hope to go <11.5 on street tires... BUT, we'll see

Also, I'll be trailering, so if anyone breaks, and I don't, I can help with an emergency tow

See youse there, huckleberrys...

do you have any engine bay pics of your ride, from your specs it should do well.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 03-01-2010 09:37 PM

Ron, it is difficult to find ready to buy helmets here in Phoenix, but Summit Racing sells them and delivers fast. Here is Summit's Bell helmet page: http://www.summitracing.com/search/?...0Helmets&dds=1
I have this one: http://www.bellracing.com/public/ind...ct/detail/130/ but it is good for only 10 years for SFI dating. Year dating is every 5th year, so mine is 2000 and theoretically is expired but I'll bet it's OK for Speed World.

AZ bob

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 03-01-2010 09:41 PM

I do not have a work schedule yet for March 26th but what the heck. I'd be glad to take the old Babe on the Strip once more. Fire suit for power adders? Didn't need one last few times. Also in the past the strip has upheld the 13.00 for convertibles and only allowed 12.00 on special nights (not Fri or Sat). We probably need more comittment and rule specs from Speed World.

AZ Bob

Mulv 03-02-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csx4910 (Post 1032911)
If I can make it where can I get a helmet aorund here locally?

In Scottsdale:

www.polepositionusa.com

The man who owns that business was the mechanic at Bondurant that assembled the first SPF cars in America. He has some hilarious stories about the first few serial numbers...

I have discount coupons if you want one... They are only $20- but that should cover your gas to get to the track. A helmet should be no more than $400-500.

Driveshaft loop - SuperFormance cars have this built in..

By the way DWRAT - Speedworld is one word - Speed World Challenge is a road racing series I used to race in.. I was confused by this the last time you posted and had hoped you were going to rent a real racing track. When you do , I will be up for it - even at Firebird... so will Bob, Brian and some others methinks..