LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2001, 09:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Az Cobra Guys Are Great ! !

Guys,
I am still vibrating from the ride I got from Gordon. That was the best!!! I sure hope Gordon realizes how much that ment to me. It also was so neat to have all you guys there to share my good fotune with. Without good friend like you life would be a bummer.
NO! Mikie...You can't have the weber injection until the GT is done... Geees the guy doesn't quit. When he left the house I had to run back and look in the garage to make sure he didn't borrow them. We all know what Mikie wants for Christmas!
All you Tucson guys that made the trek up here I THANK YOU!
Next time I would like all the Tucson guys here !! Not just four!
After everyone left it was a little sad because of the good conversation and fun times. Me and the wife sat and talked of the days events...Then we raised a toast to the ARIZONA COBRAS... a super group of neat people!!
This Fall I hope to have all of you here again for our club meeting and maybe a big picnic and Hog Roast. I will have to get with our fearless leader Mikie and nail down the Date. I think I will do that by phone so he won't drool all over my Weber injection when he is here.

Your Friend,
Hershal
Old 08-25-2001, 11:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hershal,

I am sorry that I missed out on your shindig-- I am still in Oregon for another month-- (until the weather starts being nice to us in AZ)--

How did you end up choosing RF for the GT 40-- How close to original desing and dimensions--Did you look at lots of others and what are your comments on others??
Are you pleased with the quality??

You mentioned something that got my interest--
Weber Injection--Are you talk'in Fuel Injected Weber set up--If so can you provide details or pictures--

I just bought one and received it and it looks awesome-- From Fodge Engineering in Califorinia-- A little pricey but I guess that's the way it is --Speed costs money and so do trick parts--
I can hardly wait to see it on the engine and in the car--

If you can instruct me on how to attach the jpeg file I will-- I have been unsuccessful after several attempts-- Files seem to be too big or something-- I am computer literate-- Send dozens of emails every day of the week with attachments but for some reason can not figure out the Club Cobra Website and attachments--
If you remember I have the ERA 289 FIA-- I could also attach a few progress photos on that --

Pig Roast sounds great--

PS-- How is Kevin's car coming along??

Jim

Old 08-26-2001, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Car builder/restorer FFR
Not Ranked     

Hersh, Travis and I had a great time at your place. Thanks for the hospitality. I look forward to seeing your project come along. Let me know if I can help.
Old 08-27-2001, 06:29 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 0062
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks

Hersh,

Thanks to you and Paula for opening your house up to us again. As always you put out the red carpet.

Good to see some old faces and meet up with some new ones. Kudos to the Tucson guys for braving the heat in the open cars.

You should be in the garage and not on your computer reading this so get busy.

See you Friday. Let me know what time and I will need Ralph's phone numbers so the dispatcher can call him to pick up the top.

Jeff
Old 08-27-2001, 08:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

It was great seeing everyone at Hersh's...

The look on Hershal's face when he got out of the GT40 after going on a ride with Gordon was priceless....I hope my pics of it come out.

To the Tucson guys that came up Thanks....I know it was a hot out there. I Think it hit 113.

Paul it was great seing you again and that beautiful Lonestar.

Mike

P.S. Anybody know how I can fit a manifold in my back pocket....Hersh won't miss it for awhile.

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 08-27-2001, 09:21 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 0062
Not Ranked     
Default You'll need a bigger back pocket

Mike I agree that was one nice manifold and injector setup. If you have two back pockets I'll take the unfinished Hillborn for my Stang.

Jeff

p.s. Put that photo of Hersh on this site so the rest of the world can see his expression. It truly was priceless!
Old 08-27-2001, 12:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 1137 EFI 347
Not Ranked     
Default Thanx Hersh & Gordon

Thanks to both of you for making Sat a Great Day. That 40 is one awesome car! I agree with mikiec, you've got one too many injection units there Hersh. I know of a very worthwhile charity that could really use one of 'em.
Old 08-27-2001, 02:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 1574 331 Blown
Not Ranked     
Cool

Hersh,
Thanks again for hosting a wonderful time. I'll bet you will have it running by the end of the week.

Mike Foss,
Thanks for the use of your tape, it will be on it way later today.

Old 08-27-2001, 07:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Hershal -- wansn't it Mikie who was the one touting all the great things about potatos? And saying that FI was the dark side, etc. etc? I'm thinking we need to remind him of that and provide the appropriate, serious ribbing back at him!

Ben
Old 08-27-2001, 08:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default BEN !!! SHHHHHHHHHH

I almost have the guy converted ! so don't rock the boat. Before you know it he will become one of us .
I'm glad all you guys had a good time cause I sure did!
It will be neat to get all the guys and gals together this fall
for a big Hog roast as mentioned before.

Jim It's good to hear from you, we thought you decided to stay up north. I researched GT40's for six months. There were quite a few out there. But I wanted one that would be a good street driver and well mannered on the track. After comparing this to that and all the basics and options, I felt that the Roaring Forties GT40 was the best choice for me. The quality in this kit is by far the best I have ever seen. The attention to detail is incredible.
I also bought the 8 barrell webber type injection unit from GT40.
It will be controlled by a Wolf electronics module. There is alot more I could talk about but that would take a lot of typing. I plan on posting some pictures soon so you can see the car and the components that come in the kit. The RFGT40 is as close to an original you can get outside but there are many improvements made to the inside.

Hersh
Old 08-27-2001, 09:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

efi... NYET NYET a thousand times NYET.

As nice as the EFI system looked a real Weber would be much better.

Carbs rule

Mike

Ben thanks for getting me back to the good side. The force is with me again.

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 08-27-2001, 10:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ROTFLMAO!

[BTW, I guess you guys will never know which side I'm really on until I get my car... heh, heh, heh ]
Old 08-27-2001, 11:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hershal -- Thanks for the reply-- When I get back I think that I would like to invite myself over to your place and see the GT40--and your FI set-up

Sorry to pick sides Mikie-- but I think when you see the slick set-up from Fodge Engineering (on my bucket of bolts) you may be converted!

Jim
Old 08-28-2001, 07:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Jim,
You're welcome anytime. I also would love to come over and see how your project is progressing. I have never heard of a Fodge Injection system but I'm curious.
Jim, if you want to post pictures on this site it's easy. If you scroll just below the box that you relpy in , you will see a box with browse next to it. Just click Browse and then go to the folder on your system that has the photo and click it. Then when you click the submit reply button the photo will be posted . I sure hope this sounds right. But try it and see.

Your friend,
Hershal
Old 08-28-2001, 07:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous ERA owner on break
Not Ranked     

Hershal:

I'm glad to hear the unpacking party went off so well. I was planning on running down to your neck of the woods but got called in to work on Saturday morning and didn't get out until late. We'll be watching to see the beast take shape. Congratulations!
Old 08-28-2001, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Hey Chopper!
I wish you would have made it to the party. I have been looking forward to meeting you in person. I think we will see more of all the AZ members when this heat lets up. It really is a bear to drive the cobra in this heat.
As soon as I can nail a date down we are going to have the Hog roast. So hopefully the date we set will be good for you and others. I got plenty room here for the cobras.

Your Friend,
Hershal
Old 08-29-2001, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Hershal and Paula, THANKS for the wonderful gathering at your home. The food and drinks were never ending. Has Hershal gotten rid of the huge grin from his ride in the GT-40 yet ? Paul and I had an uneventful ride home to a nice cool Tucson, where it was only 106 degrees. John-Tucson