14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 10-01-2010, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Tinner, are you factoring in the multi-month wait time for your engine to be "RE-FURbished"? Sure hope you have much better luck than the other folks that have gotten the 511!
Old 10-02-2010, 03:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

Tinner, you better check with some other folks with 511s. You see, the plan is you get your engine, then Rousch gets it back for 3 or 4 months. Then you get your engine. The rousch gets it back for 3 or 4 months.. We've finally figured out what's going on. They've built 14 motors and sold 32. They send them to one buyer who installs it and runs it for a couple of weeks, then it breaks and they have to send it back. Rousch fixes the motor in two days then send it to the next buyer who runs it for two weeks and it breaks so they send it back. Rousch fixes it in two days then send it to a third buyer... and so one. I'm sure you get the picture. That's how it seems to work.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 10-02-2010, 03:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default Yep sure does, but.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positraktion View Post
So that means I am getting closer to getting my free drinks......right?....Posi......
I will need a note from your better half saying it is ok for you to drink something stronger that root beer. Ya see Posi, I'm a whisky drinkin' expat [Johnnie Walker Black Label, thank you very much] that likes to do boiler makers with San Miguel beer and I do not recall the last time I went out with macho dudes that were on a short leash controled by their spouse. Now I do recall a time I spent in Thailand where the dudes where on leashes and were made to do tricks, but they were sex slaves and.......well you can figure out the rest, awesome show. tin-man
Old 10-02-2010, 04:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default Karl, I sure hope so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bebout View Post
Tinner, are you factoring in the multi-month wait time for your engine to be "RE-FURbished"? Sure hope you have much better luck than the other folks that have gotten the 511!
Roush have advised me all the bugs they had in the past were worked out and my engine was manufactured to and was ISO 9001 compliant in all aspects during the manufacturing process. Roush is painfully aware of the issues they have had and the fact I will be taking my ride to Arizona, where they have had issues big time, so we will see. My problem however is I will only get to drive it for a couple of weeks then I must return to China and then six month later, same thing, Well I suppose I could always let DWRAT use it, but then it said on these threads you never let friends drive you car.

Sorry Dan.

I was severly scolded one time by Jamo when I screwed up on a post I had made in response to something that was three years old, in that I must pay attention to what I is readin and I is payin attention, thus no joy ridin DWRAT.

tin-man

Last edited by tin-man; 10-04-2010 at 07:32 AM..
Old 10-02-2010, 04:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Gosh darn I hope not..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danr55 View Post
Tinner, you better check with some other folks with 511s. You see, the plan is you get your engine, then Rousch gets it back for 3 or 4 months. Then you get your engine. The rousch gets it back for 3 or 4 months.. We've finally figured out what's going on. They've built 14 motors and sold 32. They send them to one buyer who installs it and runs it for a couple of weeks, then it breaks and they have to send it back. Rousch fixes the motor in two days then send it to the next buyer who runs it for two weeks and it breaks so they send it back. Rousch fixes it in two days then send it to a third buyer... and so one. I'm sure you get the picture. That's how it seems to work.
Hi Dan, I hope this is not the case because I have waited 8 months, 19 days, 4 hours and 17 minutes for this engine to be "born" and born it was with a howl that caused grown men to tremble. I'll send you a seperate email with the video and sound. Unfortunately the file is 1.95MB and is too big to post on this site.

Anyway the excitement builds and I am optomistic. Cheers. tin-man

Last edited by tin-man; 10-02-2010 at 05:05 AM..
Old 10-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

All I can say, is I wish you luck. So far, experience has not shined favorably on Rousch.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

Old 10-04-2010, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Dyno Test at Roush

Here is a picture of the engine before being fired up.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII, warmed over 5.0, Turned 30,000 miles on January 1st run
Not Ranked     

Hey Tin-man, I will get a release form saying I can drink alcohol. I wonder if zipforms has such a release????? Regardless, I am the man of the house and my wife does whatever she tells me she wants to do........"yes dear, I'm almost finished on the computer."............Cheers.....Posi....
Old 10-05-2010, 01:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positraktion View Post
Hey Tin-man, I will get a release form saying I can drink alcohol. I wonder if zipforms has such a release????? Regardless, I am the man of the house and my wife does whatever she tells me she wants to do........"yes dear, I'm almost finished on the computer."............Cheers.....Posi....
Yep, you da man, ceptin' we is tyin up two threads with this discussion so I am outa here. tin-man
Old 10-05-2010, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR III 302
Not Ranked     
Question

What made you choose a Roush engine over all of the other builders? Was it price, name , hp, look, what?
Old 10-06-2010, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skully View Post
What made you choose a Roush engine over all of the other builders? Was it price, name , hp, look, what?
Skully, Brand name, looks and HP. I first looked at an all polished 402 Windsor on the Roush website. I was leaning that way and was ready to do a deal with Roush, however after discussing, yep you know it, the pros and cons of a BB vs SB with Randy Thomas of performance unlimited, I went and reviewed Roush's BB offerings and saw the 511 IR FE 8 stack, all polished and that blew my socks off. It had the wow factor and a lot of HP, 600 est HP and 650 of est. torque. I finally went with a contrasting black Tru Track option and a partially polished engine, with a few goodies thrown in like the domed billet stack covers. Roush sugested the Bowler auto tranny since they had done a match up with this company and offered it as a packaged deal.

The set up has a lot of appeal to me and I just hope all the bugs have been worked out of the engine.

Can you send me a pm and give me your email address so I can send you a video of the engine during its "birth", frigin' awesome sound and looks good too.

Cheers, tin-man

Last edited by tin-man; 10-06-2010 at 06:07 AM..
Old 10-13-2010, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3/302/570 street avenger
Not Ranked     

I hope you guys take lots if pics, as I will be in southern Cal again. If Dan, alias DRAT shows up, could you get one of his burnouts for me ?
Old 10-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Scotty, will do. I would like to say you'll be missed, but probably having too much fun to miss anyone.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209