23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 06:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

That would be the Lake Pleasant Parkway and 83rd ave Safeway to you.

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 07-14-2011, 08:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiec View Post
That would be the Lake Pleasant Parkway and 83rd ave Safeway to you.
The real Tinny would have known that.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289 FIA,302 Crate,Holley 600cfm
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
I wish you would of called me I would of loved to come and bring my new peashooter. I am still getting it broken in. Although I still can't decide about a 1911 over a H&K .45 for my next purchase.
Ron
Really depends on your purpose. A 1911 can be a VERY accurate piece. The H&K is a bit more reliable (at the same price range). If you want a carry gun - get the H&K. That said I really like the M&P's and Glock's - lower bore axis.

Scott

HANDLE WITH EXTREME CARE: This product contains minute electrically charged particles moving at velocities in excess of five hundred million miles per hour
Old 07-31-2011, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hay! Tinny my name is spelled morse the real Tin-man would have known that . I don't know ? .
Old 07-31-2011, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMorse View Post
Hay! Tinny my name is spelled morse the real Tin-man would have known that . I don't know ? .
Yes it is and I am very sorry for misspelling your name. I hate it when things like that happen, musta bin a brain fart that caused me to make such a blunder. Forgive me for such a momentary lapse of memory. tin-man
Old 08-01-2011, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #90, 351w,Tremec 3550, SB100 SOLD
Not Ranked     

I think you all of you guys should consider writing a comedy show involving cars and guns. I've been laughing out loud (whoops LOL) reading this thread.

SkipB
Old 08-01-2011, 11:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-man View Post
Yes it is and I am very sorry for misspelling your name. I hate it when things like that happen, musta bin a brain fart that caused me to make such a blunder. Forgive me for such a momentary lapse of memory. tin-man
Dundt let et hapen agin.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
Dundt let et hapen agin.
Very interesting comment. Being an aficionado of etymology [the origin of words] the words used in the context of your presentation convey a certain verbal flavor reminiscent of the words used by someone who has relatives in the northern region of Scotland. Decidedly slight traces of a Scottish accent are surfacing. As an example the word dundt or when correctly articulated is pronounced DUNT.

Definition of DUNT
chiefly Scot : a heavy blow or stroke, proffered or offered to someone against future actions: a warning.
chiefly Scot : a sizable lump sic[presumably the result of receiving the heavy blow or stroke].

Plus the word "agin" surfaced during 13c as the main word for "again," but was chiefly used daily as part of the northern Scottish dialect.

So it would seem Car Nut the are some Scottish genes floating around in yo' haid that prompted you to write what you did.

Remarkable huh?

Next.

tin-man
Old 08-02-2011, 04:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

When you consider his name is Scots for Overlord, and you look at the way he handles hiw wallet, there is no doubt that there is a Scotsman in the woodpile!

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 08-02-2011, 06:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Very interesting comment. Being an aficionado of etymology [the origin of words] the words used in the context of your presentation convey a certain verbal flavor reminiscent of the words used by someone who has relatives in the northern region of Scotland. Decidedly slight traces of a Scottish accent are surfacing. As an example the word dundt or when correctly articulated is pronounced DUNT.

Definition of DUNT
chiefly Scot : a heavy blow or stroke, proffered or offered to someone against future actions: a warning.
chiefly Scot : a sizable lump sic[presumably the result of receiving the heavy blow or stroke].

Plus the word "agin" surfaced during 13c as the main word for "again," but was chiefly used daily as part of the northern Scottish dialect.

So it would seem Car Nut the are some Scottish genes floating around in yo' haid that prompted you to write what you did.

Remarkable huh?

Next.

tin-man
Sorry, family lineage goes to merry old Englund.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That's Ok!,When I tell most people my last name I have to spell it for them,Thanks for the complement. Ido belive you are a true Gentlemen have a good day or night what ever it is in your part of the world,Don.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Sorry, family lineage goes to merry old Englund.
North or south? I got money on this your answer is north, reason why, I am from the north of England and recognize the dialect subtleties in the written word.

Outstanding huh?

Next.

tin-man
Old 08-03-2011, 12:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danr55 View Post
When you consider his name is Scots for Overlord, and you look at the way he handles hiw wallet, there is no doubt that there is a Scotsman in the woodpile!
You got me on that one, I do not know Car Nuts, full name. Overlord huh, now that's very interesting? tin-man
Old 08-03-2011, 05:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
North or south? I got money on this your answer is north, reason why, I am from the north of England and recognize the dialect subtleties in the written word.

Outstanding huh?

Next.

tin-man
You're confused with the German part of my lineage.

Or maybe the French?

Or maybe the .........
Old 08-03-2011, 05:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

or maybe the Fuggauwee Indian part?

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

Old 08-03-2011, 05:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
You're confused with the German part of my lineage.

Or maybe the French?

Or maybe the .........
meiner herr, nein, never confused when it comes to dialects. I got you pegged correctly. North of Manchester, way north. Now tell me I am wrong.

tin-man
Old 08-03-2011, 06:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
meiner herr, nein, never confused when it comes to dialects. I got you pegged correctly. North of Manchester, way north. Now tell me I am wrong.

tin-man
Okay. You're WRONG.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Ahhh It's good to be Greek. We invented words. Tinny, think before you reply remember what happened to Custer.

Don quit sucking up.

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 08-03-2011, 10:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiec View Post
Ahhh It's good to be Greek. We invented words. Tinny, think before you reply remember what happened to Custer.

Don quit sucking up.
Sorry the Chinese, Egyptians and Sumerians invented words before the Greeks did and to make sure the words were understood they utilized pictograms. The only thing the Greeks did was to toss out the pictograms, arguable a good move, but still not the forerunners of words.

Not sure I understand the remark about Custer, perhaps you were referring to some of Custer's last comments that were a poor attempt at speaking in the Chippewa dialect, whereas the Indians involved in the conflict represented the combined forces of Lakota, Cheyenne and Arapaho people. The battle was know as Battle of the Greasy Grass, among the Indian who were present at the time. So that said, what were you infering to exactly?? tin-man
Old 08-04-2011, 05:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Custer's last words: "Man, Look at all those damned Indians!" and he wasn't talking about motorcycles.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209