Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Thread on Tin-Man's Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/113601-thread-tin-mans-cobra.html)

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 12-14-2011 12:24 PM

Thread on Tin-Man's Cobra

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-...s-up-date.html

So we can all keep up

AZ Bob

Car Nut 12-14-2011 03:53 PM

So when does he pick it up?

lovehamr 12-14-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car Nut (Post 1165635)
So when does he pick it up?

Here you go.:rolleyes: :LOL:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tin-man (Post 1165371)
Aggggghhhhh, I travelled halfway around the world over the weekend to drive my car today and it was p*****g down with rain, never mind I will try again tomorrow. What I can report is the car looks awesome, sounds great and has a lumpy lope in idle and when the throttle is blipped it roars like an alpha male T-rex. on steroids. The grabbing effect associated with the former high idle has ben eliminated. The current idle is 900rpm. The speedo had 288 miles on it and I am told it handles like a dream. We'll see tomorrow.

Here is what I saw, sound will come later.

Cheers, John, AKA, tin-man

Well, after all the heartache and angst I finally got to drive my car and in a word it was....... AWESOME. It handles and drives like a dream and is everything I wanted it to be.:cool:

Thanks to all the folks at Roush and Bowler Traansmission for making it work and to Erick Voss for putting it all together.

Car ships to my home tomorrow and I'll be there to greet my baby on Friday and then its down to some serious seat time.:)

The speedo has over 300 miles on it.:3DSMILE:

Cheers, John, AKA, tin-man

Karl Bebout 12-14-2011 04:48 PM

Tinner,
MOST EXCELLENT! Congrats John. I've had mine out a couple times for very short drives. The last was yesterday, on damp pavement. We'd made what we hoped were the final rear suspension adjustments and just had to know if the car would track straight. It did. Mesa Mike B, Mesa Dave, and I got the pinion angle exactly where I wanted, the wheel base is exactly the same, side to side, and the car went nice and straight when I let go of the wheel. All good.

Glad to hear that your baby is sorted out and you are pleased with her. Many people have told you that these toys can get away from you in a heartbeat, and I'm here to tell you that is certainly the truth. Mine bit me after having her fifteen years and bunchs of seat time. Wasn't the car's fault...all mine. I guess the main thing is to be sure all wheels are going in a straight line before really laying on the whip.

mikiec 12-15-2011 05:59 AM

Tinny,

The timing sucks.. Supposed to rain this weekend.

cobish 12-15-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiec (Post 1165689)
Tinny,

tinner,
congrats, finally it is done
may the BEAST run trouble free
good luck Merry X-Mas and Happy New year
cobish

Varmit 12-15-2011 08:13 AM

Hope you can post a video of how that monster sounds!!!!!!!!

Car Nut 12-15-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiec (Post 1165689)
Tinny,

It never stopped you. What's a few drops here and there.

RedSnake351 12-16-2011 01:25 PM

Well, it's Friday, it ain't rainin' and Tinney ain't online, means only one thing, he's puttin' down a new layer of asphalt in his community! :D
Ralph:)

Danr55 12-16-2011 03:30 PM

Either that or he's stranded somewhere in a broken car with no cell phone. After all, it is a Rousch.. Need I say more?

SandyC 12-16-2011 04:25 PM

Hey, I resemble that remark. Got my car back a couple weeks ago after Charlie did his magic fixing some bad electronics in the distributor and fine tuning the EFI and it runs great. Got rubber in third gear, yeah baby!

csx4910 12-16-2011 04:52 PM

Good to hear you are back out on the road Sandy. Mine has been stuck in my garage between work and the rain. Hope to get it out Sunday.

SandyC 12-16-2011 05:03 PM

Yep, I just hope nobody gets all technical on me and asks me about the last two years. ;)

BTW Ron, they sent the distributor back to Accel for a rebuild of the electronics and now it's falling back into a nice 1000 rpm idle consistantly. Before it would kind of hang up at 1300 rpm then slowly ease back to an idle that could be hastened by a blip of the throttle. Now it drops right back into an on-spec stabilized idle straight away. Charlie balanced the throttle bodies and fine tuned the timing also so it might be a combination of things.

Danr55 12-16-2011 07:25 PM

So Sandy are you saying your car is running good .... finally? Will we see u NewYearsDay?NewYearsDay

RedSnake351 12-16-2011 08:40 PM

So, what happened to the star of this thread? Today is Friday and his car was to have been dropped off by the carrier! :confused:
I certainly hope they didn't mean that literally! %/:eek::CRY:
Ralph :cool:

Danr55 12-17-2011 07:37 AM

Ralphie, Do you remember when your Cobra was new? The unending urge to drive it to where ever, the peeking in the garage just to be sure it wasn't all a dream? Making up reasons to go look at it or to take it out for "just a drive around the block"? Maybe his car really does work?

dave from mesa 12-17-2011 10:02 AM

Everybody BUT Tinner has responded. What's up with that????

mikiec 12-17-2011 10:48 AM

Hopefully Tinny will show up tonight.

Danr55 12-17-2011 01:14 PM

Has anyone heard of a Cobra wrecking in the last couple of days? Is there any report of a death at Hillbank? I'm thinking the only thing that would keep Tinner from driving would be a death. His or the guy who sold him the car that doesn't work.

mikiec 12-17-2011 08:17 PM

Tinny's cobra was christened by the rain tonight.

The car looks and sounds good. 367 miles on the odo today.