Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 07:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FF MK3.1 4.6 DOHC
Not Ranked     
Default Paint?

Is there anyone local that people have used? I searched but most of the posts are years old.

I have received quotes from Da Bat, and Levy. Just wondering if there was anyone else out that people have used and had good results with. Would prefer local, but willing to trailer it somewhere if that's what is needed.

Probably a couple of months out from needing it, as still wiring the dash up and want to log some miles before paint to "shake it down". Just want to know what I'll be spending, and where I'll be going prior to.

Thanks,
Cory
Old 09-22-2012, 08:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

I don't know how far you'd be willing to trailer, but Ken Pike in Yuba City, CA is outstanding and very knowledgable on Cobras. His web site is streetrodpainter.com. I had him do my ERA 289 FIA gloss black, and it looks outstanding. I got a very good price on my near-show quality paint (I'd argue it's show quality...), much better than I would have paid here locally in Santa Cruz/Silicon Valley.

Yuba City is slightly north of Sacramento.

DD

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 09-22-2012, 10:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Cory, I had Auto Pro Collision, in Chandler, paint my car several years ago and was very pleased. I'm going to have then paint the new body, if I can ever get the cotton picking engine to not over heat.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bebout View Post
Cory, I had Auto Pro Collision, in Chandler, paint my car several years ago and was very pleased. I'm going to have then paint the new body, if I can ever get the cotton picking engine to not over heat.

Did you have them roll the edges? or are they just make sure its straight and spray?

What kind of price range are we talking?

They are nice and close to me!
Old 09-22-2012, 03:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

cory, their price was very reasonable, several years ago. They did not roll my fender edges, as I didn't ask them to. I did have them do a little body work at the time, that I was pleased with. Talk to Chris. He's a nice guy to deal with. You can mention my name. It probably won't raise the quote, too much.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bebout View Post
cory, their price was very reasonable, several years ago. They did not roll my fender edges, as I didn't ask them to. I did have them do a little body work at the time, that I was pleased with. Talk to Chris. He's a nice guy to deal with. You can mention my name. It probably won't raise the quote, too much.
Haha, ok. Tried to call, but must close early on Sat.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk 3 408 530 - 585 T- mustang Dyno at B&R
Not Ranked     

Gordon does a pretty good on paint- several Phoenix guys have had their cars done there? Completed 2 for me? Indigo and Redfire
Old 09-23-2012, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Gordon does a pretty good on paint- several Phoenix guys have had their cars done there? Completed 2 for me? Indigo and Redfire
I've received a quote from him. Just looking for all of my options.

Really, was planning on taking it to Da Bat, but price and location are a factor.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: StreetBeasts, 331 Stroker
Not Ranked     

I'm thinking about painting my car with House of Kolor, Kandy paints. Just curious if anyone else has done this, particularly dark blue which is my goal. Did it turn out well? Was the paint difficult to work with? How many coats of final clear did you use?

Thanks!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: contemporary(2) one with 427 sohc and one with 427 center oiler
Not Ranked     

Contact Bob Lubcke at So/Cal paintworks. They will pay half the cost of transport. They are in San Diego area.

SoCal Paint Works