28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK-I, 302, 780 Pro-Systems custom double pumper, 425HP
Not Ranked     
Default Pantera Club Invites AZ Cobra Club to Track day(s)

Thanks to Dan we now have an "official" invitation to join the Pantera Club in a 2 day track event on Firebird main track, April 25 and 26, 2013. This is the Pantera Club's annual track event that has as many as 30-40 cars participated. Last year they had 8 cars in each class.

What: 1.6 mile road coarse, Firebird main, 12 turns and 1/4 drag strip and runout.
When: April 25 & 26.
Can I do just one day?: Yes one, or both. Up to you
Cost: $235 for 1 day and $335 for both.
When do I need to pay: By Mar 15th or price goes to $280 for each session.
How many classes?: (3) A=competition race qualified, B=Some track time, C=First time track event. Classes B and C have passing restrictions.
How many sessions?: I am told 4-5 thirty min. sessions with post sessions discussions and instructor assistance, if requested.
Do I get to see the track before my session begins?: Yes, a pace car controlled lap(s) for all drivers in their own car to see the track and learn the apex and width of the turns.
When does racing start?: 8am drivers meeting, 8:30am track tour. 9am class "A" takes the track.

NASA will be doing the corner monitoring and flags while the Pantera Club will be running the show. They want you to know this is "gentlemen" track day. No exchanging paint or unsafe speed/passing. If you are responsible for an accident you will be black flagged and be responsible for any damage to other cars that might have been damaged. This is standard for all NASA events. This is suppose to be fun. THIS IS NOT A RACE. It's a chance for you to put your Cobra through the turns to feel how it handles under track conditions. Drive as fast as you feel safe and feel the car drift into/out of the turns. These track events are really fun.

I have agreed to be the point for the AZ Cobra Club, contact me with any questions and I will get registrations papers and more information to you as soon as the Pantera Club gets the info up.

If you haven't tracked your car before, this is a great opportunity. The cost is about what NASA charges for a track day. The track cost is $3000-$4000 for the day so it will not be free.

Bill---no insurance is offered by any club or track official. Once you drive onto the track you are on your own.

Now who will step up and take the Pantera challenge? No whining allowed about "it cost too much". There must be some of you out there that are willing to get on the track. By the way, you can bring other cars if not your Cobra.

Gentlemen, start your engines.

Last edited by Mike Brasfield; 01-22-2013 at 07:32 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Yep, it is a little pricey, but where else or when would you get the opportunity to get on such a good track, with your own car, and get some good pedal to the metal time?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Isn't that the same weekend as the FFR Huntington Beach show?

Can't do both.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

That is awesome. Several of the local Pantera guys are driving down for that. Sounds like it will be a blast, wish I could go.

Pantera's and Cobra's on the track at the same time. How cool is that!

Somebody needs to take a lot of pictures.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yep, same weekend as Huntington. That's why I will participate only on thursday. Friday we load up and head to S.D. for lunch with the Local San Diego guys then on to H.B. for the Saturday show with Factory Five. Track-drive-show. Three days of cars for motor heads. What better way to spend three days in the spring weather?
Old 01-25-2013, 06:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk III 427w, dual quads
Not Ranked     
Default this all might just work

Mike- Well done.

Lets chat about this at the ESSC dinner tomorrow night. I'm thinking I may be down for Thursday at Firebird, AND-
Friday drive w/you to SAN /HB & meet up w/Jim & crew for lunch, FFR show on Sat in HB & autocross Sunday in Riverside on the way back to AZ.
It's a busy schedule, but I've got some flexibility in there that we can talk about at dinner.

See you then.

Thanks,
Will
Old 01-25-2013, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Didn't know about the autocross in Riverside. What are the hours? See you tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike-
Here's a link to the details;
https://www.factoryfive.com/whats-ne...ach-cruise-in/

HTH,
Will
Old 01-26-2013, 01:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looks great. I talked to Scott of "the fabulous nomads" to confirm there attendance. It is on their calendar.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just talked with some of the Pantera Club guys about the track days in april. This isn't just a AZPOC track day, it's part of the international Pantera club annual gathering. Cars will be coming from around the U.S. and the world for the event. This is a big deal for the Pantera Club of America and is their annual event. This year the AZPOCA is sponsoring the track day(s). For more information about the event go to their website for additional information about the event at Firebird.AZPOCA: Pantera Owners Club of Arizona. A tech inspection will be required before you enter the track. Doubt that many of you will pass so that's a good excuse not to come. LOL

Last edited by Mike Brasfield; 02-05-2013 at 05:14 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR from Levy Racing 302 FI w/Edelbrock Performer heads
Not Ranked     

Guess I will pass.

Vietnam Vets may be eligible for medical care and disability compensation. Contact the VA if you have prostate cancer or type 2 diabetes. Finally got around to going to the VA.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK, got my registration form filled out & ready to go. Group C here I come!

Dave, et al, you should consider coming by w/your Cobras and at LEAST take advantage of the opportunity to take a briskly paced lunchtime drive around the track! Tech inspection and helmets are not required for this pace car lead event.

Thanks,
Will
Old 03-17-2013, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 427 CRII SB Ford stroked 408
Not Ranked     

Mr Mike. I will be there probable just to watch. I will see if Randy is racing? I am looking forward to the event. Thank you sir for the info. Bryan
Old 03-17-2013, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Brian....great to have to join in. Not many guys are coming, although I'm not quite sure why. Free event if you're not tracking. Lots of cars and things going on. Be sure to be there for the free noon track tour in your own car. Gates open at 7am. Driver's meeting 8am, first session 8:30am. Don't forget your chair and sun protection, there is no shade at the track. However, we will be bringing a "pop up", Karl???