LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     
Default email to be sent to the gang.

To our AZ Cobra Friends,
For the past thirteen years we have lead the AZ Cobras, planning road trips and events for a fabulous group of people.

Each year we started the year with a run up Yarnell Hill, gathering for picnics at Rattlesnake Cove, driving the Rte 66 Fun Run, joining the parade in Heber for the 4th of July, partying in Laughlin at Kit Cars on the Colorado, and celebrating our Anniversary and the Holidays to the benefit of Toys for Tots. We have wonderful memories of so many good friends, good food and fun with the AZ Cobras.

After much time and thought we wanted to let each of you know that we have decided to step down from leading the AZ Cobras. Like everything else in life all good things come to an end and so it is now time for us to move on and let someone else take over the helm.

Our 13th Annual Anniversary & Holiday Party on Sunday, December 8th will be the last event that we will plan and host.

We hope the annual events we started will continue, and we look forward to getting together with all of you for any scheduled runs and events in the months to come.

One last note, we will still book hotel rooms in Kingman for anyone interested in the Fun Run for 2014. We will send emails and post on Club Cobra with information after the first of the year.

Thank you all for being a part of AZ Cobras and our Cobra family.

With warm regards,

Ginny & Mike

If you don't already, you can still follow events and what's happening at the link below:
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 09-18-2013, 09:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR from Levy Racing 302 FI w/Edelbrock Performer heads
Not Ranked     

Sorry to hear this. Well about Ginny anyway.

I nominate Bob B.

dave from Carlsbad, NM

Vietnam Vets may be eligible for medical care and disability compensation. Contact the VA if you have prostate cancer or type 2 diabetes. Finally got around to going to the VA.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

Wow.. AZ Cobras without Mikie leading. What's that going to be like? Oh, and does this mean the Ginny isn't going to make any more cupcakes?

I think everyone will agree that you've both gone way over the top in providing leadership and support to the club and everyone in it. I, for one, want to thank you both. I have a feeling that this, like any other organization, will slowly drift apart without the the strong leadership we've enjoyed. It's been a pleasure.. Thank you both.
Old Phart and LMH like this.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."

Last edited by Danr55; 09-18-2013 at 08:45 PM..
Old 09-18-2013, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR from Levy Racing 302 FI w/Edelbrock Performer heads
Not Ranked     

+2 What Dan said.

dave from still in Carlsbad

Vietnam Vets may be eligible for medical care and disability compensation. Contact the VA if you have prostate cancer or type 2 diabetes. Finally got around to going to the VA.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 2252 sold 3-08, 1986 AC Cobra MK IV #185
Not Ranked     
Default Thank you

Ginny & Mike,

Thank you for your warm hearted and hard working service with The Arizona Cobras. It's been a real pleasure for me to be a part of the club, and make friends with so many wonderful people. It's the only car club in which I've participated that didn't have political, personality, or money problems....and never any dues. Bravo!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mike and Ginny,

Wow, 13 years, that is a big chunk of your lives devoted to a group of car "junkies". I don't think many of us realize what that really involves. Thank you.

Besides the time we see at the events, there is all the planning time, set up time, expenses out of your pocket for various things (remember there are no dues). These are all sacrifices you both made for the club.

You have reached out and befriended many whose friendships have grown far beyond that of casual group friendships. Those friendships have become very close and transcend club activities, they are forever.

You are both very special to Joanne and I and we look forward to continuing to be a part of your lives.
Old Phart likes this.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

That's more words than I've ever known him to put together at one time. I'm impressed. Well said, Car Nut..

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 09-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

I am proud to second the feelings of Car Nut. The endless hours of dedication have kept this group together. Old Phart also mentioned just a few results of their devotion to this Club. Always making sure venues are reserved and setting up for events hours before the group arrives has always just happened after sending everybody an email reminder. Keeping this group centered on tradition can be a thankless job. It is a shame the recognition and reality of how much Mike and Ginny do is only now being spoken aloud.
Thank you for being who you are from Cathy and me.
Long live the King and Queen.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Upstate Super Replica Daytona Coupe #2007 - '70 351 Cleveland with NASCAR 6-Pack
Not Ranked     
Default Tell me it ain't true Mikey!!!!

I think yours and Ginny's record speaks for itself. It takes a lot of love, laughter, work and Pirate Rum to have created such an experience for Cobra owners in the Greater Phoenix area. As your friends in California will attest from our own experience organizing shows - it's a lot of hard work! Looking forward to a wild time in about a month with you both in Laughlin and the first round is on me! (at least for you as Ginny drinks like a fish!)
Old 09-20-2013, 11:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk 3 408 530 - 585 T- mustang Dyno at B&R
Not Ranked     
Talking

I nominate Bob B or Dan. They are chatty on this forum unlike the rest of us.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3/302/570 street avenger
Not Ranked     

Thanks Mike and Ginny.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Fitz.."I nominate Bob B or Dan. They are chatty on this forum unlike the rest of us."

Fitz Fitz Fitz. You said you were looking for a job...