LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 08:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     
Default 'Way Cool Cars @ Diablo Stadium Sunday 04/06/14

Today's newspaper had the following info:
The annual Bell Lexus Copperstate 1000 rally kicks off this Sunday at Tempe Diable Stadium. 80 Vintage sports, race, and grand touring cars start off on the 1000 mile road rally. Its free to attend and to join in a car show in the parking lot. The event goes from 8am-noon with the rally cars departing at 9:30. I'll definitely be there to drool and envy. Another good excuse for a Cobra ride.
For you South Flagstaff folks, the stadium is right along side I10 at the Broadway Curve.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK-I, 302, 780 Pro-Systems custom double pumper, 425HP
Not Ranked     

karl…I might join you.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Youse folks that didn't go this morning really missed a BUNCH of wonderful cars. Lotsa Porsches, Lambos, Ferrari, four, or was it five, original 289 cars (one with an automatic!), only one 427 and it wasn't an SC. No roll bar, hood scoop, fender flares or side pipes. Several MGs, Triumphs, Jags, some Morgans, on and on. Shoulda got yer arses out of bed. My sweetness even went and was very impressed. Your loss. You just don't see these cars very often, especially all gathered together.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK-I, 302, 780 Pro-Systems custom double pumper, 425HP
Not Ranked     

Can't really understand why the club didn't jump on this event. There was a cool car show in the parking lot and really cool cars on the Angle's diamond inside the facility. Lot's of cool cars including 4-5 slab sides. Great weather, nice cruise over to the stadium and wonderful cars to walk around. Too bad you guys didn't get to see it.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Southern Roadcraft, 383 SBC
Not Ranked     

no pictures, it never happened lol

would love to be able to attend some of the events you folks have on the other side of the pond.

Gary
Old 04-09-2014, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MkIII #6046 SBF
Not Ranked     

What about those 2 crazy vintage Corvettes that had been spiced and diced into modern long wheel base vettes with new engines and interiors (GM will do yours for $130k) ? That was worth the drive all by itself.

WEK
Old 04-09-2014, 08:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

"What about those 2 crazy vintage Corvettes that had been spiced and diced into modern long wheel base vettes with new engines and interiors (GM will do yours for $130k) ? That was worth the drive all by itself."

Those "vintage" vetts were outstanding! The styling and great looks of the mid 50s cars with all the advantages of the C6 suspensions, brakes, powertrains, and creature comforts and features. Still, I'd have a terrible time if I had to choose one car of the bunch to take home. The 30s-something Bugatti on display or the 30s-something Caddy boat tail V12 would require a coin flip, with a slight edge to the Bugatti for absolute drop-dead georgous style.