Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2014, 12:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     
Default ProAutoSports Smokin' Deal!

Got a Groupon ad today for an additional 20% off their local Groupon deals. Found that ProAutoSports has their regular "Driving School" on the list. The regular price is $50 one time "initiation" and $150 for the track day. The Groupon deal is $99 and then there's the additional 20% off. Let me think....a $200 deal, for about $80? Yep, I jumped all over that. I was allowed to buy a total of four deals so my friends, Will, Superstition Bill, and Hector got in on it with me. Mesa Mike had done his initial track day with Pro a few weeks ago and I was totally impressed with the people I met and the way they ran the day. Mike got four 20 minute track heats and the rest of the time went by fast as we watched other classes of cars beat feet around the Wild Hourse Pass East(?) track. Pro seems to usually have at least one track day a month and many times, two, at this track and others. The 20% off deal ends tomorrow and you need to use it within 120 days. Look up their web site for further detals about their programs. You can sigup for Groupon deals and get in on this, if you wanna get off the couch and thrash your cars a bit. (I didn't see any walls on the course and its not wheel to wheel racing, so you'd probably have a better chance of hitting something on the PHX freeways.) We could get a bunch of Snakes out there and have some big fun.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hmmm......Karl + Driving School.

Was there anything that proved to be a catalyst for this, something I missed perhaps?
Old 11-24-2014, 05:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

For any of you that would like to get on the track to see if you could improve your driving skills this is the group that will help. They have track days about 2-3 days a month throughout the year. Tracks all around AZ and one in CA next year. First you must join Pro Auto Sports and take a class, regardless of how much experience you have. The class will cover the flags, track, expectations and additional training. Then enjoy 4 track sessions with just the class members during the day. Session 1 and 2 will include an instructor riding along to make sure you don't drive off the course. Only 1 roll bar, it's OK. Sessions 3 & 4 will be on your own. There are about 8 classes. Beginner, Red, Orange, Green, Miata, Cart, open wheel and a couple of race classes. Instructors will move you along from beginner to green. If you wish to race you can join the time trials group and have 3 test and qualifying runs and then race at the end of the day. Usually it's $200 for the first track session and then $150 after than. Very well organized and run. Lots of fun to spend a day on the track and drive what you bring.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

By the way, they are at Firebird on Thanksgiving weekend. Stop buy and watch a session or two and check it out. No cost for spectators. I believe they are on Firebird East.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Short Cake, did you notice the overwhelming response? Surprised that Ron(?) and Fitz didn't at least show interest. They've both tracked their cars. These things are "sports" cars and deserve to get aired out. Believe me, there's nothing about them that can't be fixed or replaced. With Pro, these events, until you get into the "Hot Laps" classes, are considered "Driving Schools" and most insurance companies will probably cover any mishaps. (of course, check your specific coverage). Seems like most guys would rather just think about how fast their cars are. Wax On, Wax Off.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Been there, tried it. Just not my cup of tea, and I suspect the same for many others. I respect those that want to go out and enjoy.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 11-24-2014, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 289 FIA 347 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Short cake and long cake, I would like to play. However, I need a little work done on Carmens hips to accommodate BillBoards.

I am close to Wildhorse and might come out.

Dave from Chandler.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm looking for the groupon. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave from Chandler
Old 11-24-2014, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dave, you may have missed the Groupon deal. You might be able to search their site for either ProAutoSports or maybe "driving school"

Good Luck. I'm sure it'll be after the holidays before I get to take advantage and do the track day. No rush, I've goy until March something.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

Dave, here is their e-mail sent on November 21st.
Thanks Discount

AZ Bob
Old 11-24-2014, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks.

I might swing by this weekend.

Dave from Chandler.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Karl…I guess those like Mikie like to talk about how they track their car but don't really do so. However, speeding on a freeway or taking "spirited runs up Yarnell Hill are their cups of tea.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

Sounds like we have another unknown antagonist stirring the pot and tossing inuendo...

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 12-09-2014, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: none
Not Ranked     

Track days? I do not know of too many Cobra owners wanting to risk their car to danger, but they will do 150mph on the open street?? That was a smoking deal Karl~