LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2015, 09:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     
Default Best way to get the word out

Mesa Mike, thank you for bringing up the subject. We have always wondered why more people don't show up for our weekend trips. They are so much fun. We never figured that out. We tried a web page, we have an e-mail list of about 70 owners and we used it. We have CC as our community information center. We could use a Facebook page but who is willing to establish it and maintain it? Even if we had one, it will probably be no better than CC.
Actually, when we have 10 cars it's pretty difficult to keep everyone together. Specially when driving through cities or towns. Always getting separated by stop light. From experience, about half of the drivers are simply following, without map or GPS and it usually works out just fine. Maximum group size to stay together is about 13. Beyond that we may need car to car communications and hand out map copies.
Keep in mind, cobra owners are pretty much type A personalities. They have lots of interests and keep busy at work and home. Other comittments keep getting in the way. Money wise, I spent about $300 for room, food, booze and fuel for the last trip (I'm cheap) so money counts. Perhaps more for the younger members.
We are always open to suggestions, but bigger is not always better (such as restaurant seating.)

AZ Bob
Old 03-27-2015, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Currently have 73 members on the list.
I think we get the word out well but most people are busy with life.
For me the cobra is a filler for when I have some extra time.
I do try to make time for big trips like Route 66 & Laughlin.
Superformance #884 --- Sold
No more Furds.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Cobra RT3, Roush 427R Crate Engine, Tremec 6-Speed Transmission
Not Ranked     

AZ BOB,

I am a new member and on the member list of 73. I just took ownership of my new Backdraft Cobra a few weeks ago (Roush 427R-550HP, 6-speed Tremec.) I look forward to meeting our club members and joining in on weekend trips and club get togethers. I am retired and I just do not know how I got all things done back when I worked. I'll find the time get together with our club members. It's just a matter of priority and getting together with our club members is high on my priority list. I Hope to meet you and others soon. By the way, my wife of 46 years is a great cook, not necessarily a great Cobra fan.

PHMCobra
Old 03-27-2015, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     
Default Exactly

Thanks Mr PHM. Sorry, don't know your name. Always something else to do. Make your cobra "you're thing" and the Mrs. can have "her thing." I've had my car almost 15 years and the wife has never been in it. We had 3 out of 7 Phoenix cars last weekend with just the driver. Join us for the Route 66 fun run May 1st and next Saturday for the picnic. Bring the Mrs or not. We know what you mean about retired. I don't know how I had time for work.

AZ Bob
Old 03-27-2015, 02:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

It has always been hard getting people together for a drive. As stated many people doing many things. I think weekend trips are the hardest to get many people for. Yes, there are some exceptions, Rte 66; Laughlin. The day runs seem to do better, some times.

Keep trying and let me know what I can do to help.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 03-28-2015, 04:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Coupe #136, 427SR FI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB View Post
Mesa Mike, thank you for bringing up the subject. We have always wondered why more people don't show up for our weekend trips. They are so much fun. We never figured that out. We tried a web page, we have an e-mail list of about 70 owners and we used it. We have CC as our community information center. We could use a Facebook page but who is willing to establish it and maintain it? Even if we had one, it will probably be no better than CC.
Actually, when we have 10 cars it's pretty difficult to keep everyone together. Specially when driving through cities or towns. Always getting separated by stop light. From experience, about half of the drivers are simply following, without map or GPS and it usually works out just fine. Maximum group size to stay together is about 13. Beyond that we may need car to car communications and hand out map copies.
Keep in mind, cobra owners are pretty much type A personalities. They have lots of interests and keep busy at work and home. Other comittments keep getting in the way. Money wise, I spent about $300 for room, food, booze and fuel for the last trip (I'm cheap) so money counts. Perhaps more for the younger members.
We are always open to suggestions, but bigger is not always better (such as restaurant seating.)

AZ Bob
Hey Bob,

Jeff Grice here in Michigan...

Interested to get feedback on your Club participation. We have about 115 members.

It seems that:

1/3 join anticipating they will have time to participate but life gets in the way
1/3 join largely for our big event at the Woodward Dream Cruise
1/3 join and plan to be active in many events.

As far as meetings, we usually get the same people at our monthly meetings (15-25).

In terms of coordinated events we will get anywhere from 10-20 cars depending on the event and time of year.

Interested to see how this observation lines up to your experiences.

Best

Jeff - SPC0136
Old 03-28-2015, 06:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Jeff,

One of the things I learned early was monthly meeting started out great then dwindled. Therefore I stopped them completely. The next thing learned was you usually get the same drivers for runs. Subsequently our one and only rule was developed. You show great have fun, you do not you will miss the fun.

Bob and the crew are doing a great job of putting things together. I wish I was still there to participate.

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 04-01-2015, 01:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Racing
Not Ranked     

It's always tough to keep a big group together. It's shouldn't be a big priority to do so. Route, times, address along with directions handed to each driver/co-driver navigator will allow drivers to go at their own pace and fear not of getting lost. Most of us have cell phones capable of GPS driving directions. I've found that if a cruise or event is planned so the ladies will enjoy their time (wine tasting/shopping,etc) will increase the numbers. For example. My wife and I are joining a cruise to Huntington Beach later this month and to Santa Barbara in May. both venues have shopping and dining high on the list with my wife and other Cobra wives. After all, as my wife is often saying, "happy wife, happy life". If the carrot is good enough the attendance will follow. Just my $0.02.

By the way, thanks to all those that do try to put events together. Keep up the good work.