21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2015, 10:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965, small block 427/535 Ford Racing crate motor with fuel injection by Bob Reem
Not Ranked     

Update: Got the dar back this morning and I have only one word to say about what Bob did.......WOW!!!! Running amazing, instant throttle response. It was a combination of 3 things, O2 sensors were moved from collector to the last header tube on the passengers side about 10" away from the head, the spark plugs were way too cold (needed a hotter plug), and the vacuum pressure was a bit low. I rides great now.

Joyridin"....I do not have the side pipe mount on my headers. There is no flange to join the header to the side pipe. Mine are one piece weilded from the collector to the heads. They were custom hand made.

Thanks to everybody for chiming in and giving me an education on just how EFI works.
Joe
joyridin' likes this.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Great to hear everything worked out so well. I've been considering an EFI system too.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Survival Motorsports aluminum FE 482
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by likenu2 View Post
Update: Got the dar back this morning and I have only one word to say about what Bob did.......WOW!!!! Running amazing, instant throttle response. It was a combination of 3 things, O2 sensors were moved from collector to the last header tube on the passengers side about 10" away from the head, the spark plugs were way too cold (needed a hotter plug), and the vacuum pressure was a bit low. I rides great now.

Joyridin"....I do not have the side pipe mount on my headers. There is no flange to join the header to the side pipe. Mine are one piece weilded from the collector to the heads. They were custom hand made.

Thanks to everybody for chiming in and giving me an education on just how EFI works.
Joe
Glad to hear it worked out I suspected it would. Two questions.

1.) You said the vacuum pressure was to low. I assume this means you had poor vacuum at idle because of the cam overlap.

2.) You said your headers and pipes were a one piece weldment? Is there a hole or a slot in the fender where the pipe passes through?

Again congrats I am glad it worked out. Please give us a 1000 mile update so we know if it is still going well. It would be a service for anyone considering the change.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

All's well that ends well. Congrats Joe!

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

GREAT news Joe.
I'm very happy to hear everything worked out being I'm the one who recommended Bob.

Now don't be talking it up to much as I really can't afford that crap right now.
Superformance #884 --- Sold
No more Furds.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965, small block 427/535 Ford Racing crate motor with fuel injection by Bob Reem
Not Ranked     

Detroit Bill.....Yes I am assumuing the same as well, the vacuum was a little low due to the cam. The fenders both have a slot where the headers exit the engine bay and turn down the side of the car. They are wielded one piece from the collector to the head. The "baffle" tube seperates to open the headers. Bob wants the car back at 200 miles to check the settings just to make sure that all is well and no tweaking is necessary.

DW....No worries on the referral, worked out great and Bob is such a nice guy to boot. After seeing his shop and the quality work he does I knew that it would get done. I like the fact that it still has the peroid correct look of a carburator. Thanks again for the referral.

Joe
Old 05-27-2015, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #888, Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     

I put the FAST 2.0 EFI on my 408 Keith Craft this past week.... Was easy peasy.. Runs like a champ now... Autocrossing with a carb is for the birds...

Kevin....
Old 05-27-2015, 11:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Still have a bit of tweaking to do, but have to get at least 200 miles on the system the way it is now first. Running like a raped ape now.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 302, Trick Flow EFI
Not Ranked     

At some point it seems like everyone's car pays a vist to Bob's shop (at least those of us on the west side). He has a great shop and does excellent work.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thinking of going down to Chucks Speed Center and having the car set up on the Dyno to really dial it in. Bob tuned it on his laptop at idle. Would it make an improvement when being done at speed. I never had a car dyno tuned before and am in need of some thoughts. Bob wanted me to bring the car back at 200 miles to check all the settings. Have it dyno tuned or wait until after the 200 miles. Thoughts please.
Joe
Old 05-28-2015, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I wouldn't get someone else involved.
It could cause a big problem of "I didn't do that".
Let Bob tune it or have him recommend a dyno tuner.
I know he sent Sherm1 to a dyno tuner up north near CaveCreek somewhere.
Superformance #884 --- Sold
No more Furds.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 1574 331 Blown
Not Ranked     

I have a modified Pro-M Racing system, it uses all my old sensors, old trickflow manifold, TB, etc except the O2 which are now wide-band with gauges. What I got was a modern Ford ECU, clealy marked wiring harness, Wideband O2's with gauges. There is a little setup with a laptop at the beginning very easy. There is a about 40 min video the website, good education on how Mass Air system work during an installation on a Fox Body Mustang. I had a little issue with one of the O2 sensor which was my own doing. I'm 99% sure I have it under control now after welding in a longer bung to protect the sensor and protecting the O2 sensor connector from heat and vibration. I was running a vortech supercharger, s-trim however the seals failed and I have it off the car now, I made zero changes to the computer, change my plugs one heat range hotter and that was it. Since the Pro-M system measures air going it doesn't care if I have a blower or not. I'm pretty happy with what I have, the support from Pro-M Racing has been great too.