Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Installed the top, what do you think? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/134313-installed-top-what-do-you-think.html)

DWRAT 08-11-2015 02:55 PM

Installed the top, what do you think?

I finally wanted to try my top.
I had to replace a few "Lift the dot" fasteners but other then that it's like brand new.
What do you think about the looks?:confused:

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_1212.jpg

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_1214.jpg

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 08-11-2015 02:58 PM

Looks nice Dan. Try it with the side curtains. Different car. Different getting in and out and it sounds different. I don't like it. I have only used mine a few times in 15 years. Usually stuck away from home during a snow, hail, rain storm. Heater works good though.

AZ Bob

cycleguy55 08-11-2015 03:40 PM

Looks good. I need to get a soft top and side curtains for those occasions when inclement weather strikes and I'm miles from home.

Sawdust 08-11-2015 04:02 PM

Dan I don't want to burst your bubble but as a fellow SPF owner they look terrible. I have never liked the looks of the soft top. Now having said that they do serve a purpose.

Cobrakeith 08-11-2015 04:17 PM

I like it, of course I'm biased.
Keith

cycleguy55 08-11-2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawdust (Post 1358806)
Dan I don't want to burst your bubble but as a fellow SPF owner they look terrible. I have never liked the looks of the soft top. Now having said that they do serve a purpose.

I got caught in rain about 3 weeks ago and had to drive about 10 miles with a combination of city and highway driving. It was not fun. I don't care how ugly the top is, it's beautiful when you need it.

Karl Bebout 08-11-2015 05:26 PM

Veddy British, old boy. But dammitman, its a SPORTS CAR!

What's next?

Cup holders?

Honkin stereo?

Lights inside the wheel wells?

Power Steering and Brakes?

Gasp, Air conditioning?

DWRAT 08-11-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobrakeith (Post 1358809)
I like it, of course I'm biased.
Keith

Keith,
Your the reason I wanted to try mine out.

Cobrakeith 08-11-2015 07:29 PM

Dan, it does take a bit more effort to get in and out but I like mine just fine. And Karl, you are giving these roadster tops way to much credit. Like any proper British roadster top they only approximate keeping the liquid elements off the occupants! Good for sunny days though and with side curtains on a coolish day it is nice and toasty in shirt sleeves. The other accoutrement's you mention will never grace the interior or exterior of my car I can assure you. After all, as you say, it IS a veddy British roadster type SPORTS CAR.
Keith

Fast289 08-11-2015 07:31 PM

No offense, but I'm not a fan of it. Can't put my finger on it, but it looks like needs to be deflated.

Dave from Portland

Dimis 08-11-2015 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast289 (Post 1358841)
No offense, but I'm not a fan of it. Can't put my finger on it, but it looks like needs to be deflated.

Dave from Portland

Kind of like women?
Some like them with the tops on, some prefer they have their tops off.
...and some (those surgically enhanced), may deflate if you put your finger on 'em :eek:

hinoonaz 08-11-2015 08:52 PM

I am keeping my opinion on tops to my self!!!!
Gary

DWRAT 08-11-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hinoonaz (Post 1358850)
I am keeping my opinion on tops to my self!!!!
Gary

Gary, I heard you were looking for a top for your car???

DWRAT 08-11-2015 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl Bebout (Post 1358819)
Veddy British, old boy. But dammitman, its a SPORTS CAR!

What's next?

Cup holders?

Funny you say that Karl, after our trip to Bills house in Bull Head and spilling my 44oz soda before even getting out of the circle K parking lot, I installed a "cup holder".:LOL:

Danr55 08-12-2015 04:39 AM

You guys should know by now that.the only add.on that is acceptable is a stereo. Everything.else is.sissy...except.for.the top. That looks good Dan.

JBCOBRA 08-12-2015 05:47 AM

Tops can come in extremely handy! Here in the northeast the weather can be unpredictable. Especially on road trips. Once or twice a year we pack up and drive to Watkins Glen. It is only 250 miles but the weather and temperature varies dramatically along the way and through the mountains.
Driving around locally I never use a top.
My Spf top has 3 bows, and looks a little better. When it is cold with a strong likelyhood of rain I can eaaily cruise at 80+ on the highway. I use sidecurtains and unzip the rear window to eliminate cabin pressure. Otherwise you have to go slower.

1985 CCX 08-12-2015 07:23 AM

I like it, always a great thing to have in these.

*13* 08-12-2015 07:56 AM

Looks great! Side curtains will be needed at highway speeds

Car Nut 08-12-2015 11:11 AM

Good job on the top Dan.

It seems people either like them or hate them. From a utility standpoint, they are great, there is not a lot of choices when it comes to staying dry.

But then there are the aesthetic considerations. They look like something my grandma wore on Easter but what the heck. You got to do what you got to do.

My advice, top up when it rains, and top down when it shines. And there is always sunblock or raingear to consider.

DWRAT 08-12-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danr (Post 1358878)
That looks good Dan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CC (Post 1358898)
I like it, always a great thing to have in these.

Quote:

Originally Posted by *13* (Post 1358902)
Looks great! Side curtains will be needed at highway speeds

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car Nut (Post 1358923)
Good job on the top Dan.

Thanks guys,
I don't love the look but the top fits like a glove and is in perfect shape.
It's like having a different car in the garage.
I must say getting in and out is much more difficult.