LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2002, 02:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     
Default Tucson Jan 27th.

I received this from John-Tucson today.

Hello everyone, After a few phone calls and emails it seems that Sunday, January the 27th will be the best day for our Tucson outing. Weather permitting, of course. The plan is to meet somewhere around the middle of Tucson at 10:30am. From there we'll drive down to Sonoita for a pit stop and perhaps coffee or brunch. Leaving Sonoita we'll head east into Tombstone and a non-hosted tour of the town. If we can get at least six cars I'll drive on down there a few days earlier and find out if we can get some protected or secure area to park in. Of course the wives/friends are invited along. If you know of anyone who drives Detroit iron who would like to join us please invite them. If we get shut out because of weather on that day perhaps we can meet at a Tucson restaurant for brunch and "car talk" session. Please RSVP by email or phone, 529-8878. John PS. Mike Foss has just been in touch with two Tucson guys who have ordered FFR kits. If you know of anybody who you'd like me to include in these emails please call or email me their address.

I've talked about locating a dyno test facility here in Tucson, there is one called Apex Motorsports at 4648 E. Speedway. They charge $65.00 per 1/2 hour and can give you the torque, horsepower, and top speed. Mike Foss is planning to go there on this Saturday and make a run. I have not been able to locate a single headlight alignment place in all of Tucson, I've tried seven places and nobody even knows of one. The body shops use "the wall" and suggest that we do the same. Also, I have contacted a speedometer shop who can test your speedometer for accuracy for $19.95. If it is out of calibration and it will just take a gearing change they will do that for $75.00 , that includes the initial $19.95 charge. If it is really bad, out of calibration, then they may need to put a ratio adapter on it as well as new gears - then the price goes up to $150 to $175.00 This pretty much brings us up to date on what has been going on. OH yes, how many of you are golfers (duffers) ( if I can't shoot over 100 I quit) (isn't golfing like bowling - the higher the number that you finish with the more you have enjoyed yourself) and would like to challenge the Phoenix guys to an 18 hole tournament. No prizes - just bragging rights. If we could get four or more it would be a blast, we could meet them in Casa Grande or Eloy and play at a neutral site. Can you picture a convoy of Cobras with golf clubs in the passenger seat. John

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 01-10-2002, 06:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Talking

Hey John,
I like that ! I can play with my Ball and sticks and my Cobra
in th same day.
Hersh
Old 01-11-2002, 10:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

GOLF !!! We have four players right now, hopefully there will be more to come. Hersh, can you and Mike come up with four to six players for a late March or April golf tourney ??? No experience required !!! John -Tucson
Old 01-12-2002, 03:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

John,
We'll see what we can do. Sounds like a lot of
fun !
Hersh
Old 01-12-2002, 10:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'll play.....

I can gring my stick..baseball bat.. and balls..rocks.

Yeah Right.....Golf...

Mike

Old 01-14-2002, 08:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

Of course you know the reason the Scotch invented scotch
Old 01-14-2002, 10:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

GR. are you in the Phoenix area as a "snowbird" ? The Phoenix guys need another scotch drinker, opps, I mean another golf player. Come on you Phoenix guys, give Hersh and Mike some support and join us for a round of golf in March or April. John
Old 01-15-2002, 10:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John,

Tell Hersh that I'll carry his sticks but not his balls for the event.

Ginny and I should be able to drive down for the 27th. Let us know where to meet you guys.

Mike

Old 01-15-2002, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR; 5.0 EFI w/ 350 hp Trickflow Kit
Not Ranked     

The 27th sounds good to me.

I don't do scotch or golf, but I have been known to ride the cart, drink beer, keep score (until the beer takes over and I get fired) and clear land crabs from the course with the "crustacean club". If being a lousy golfer isn't a disqualifier, I might even play if someone can loan me some sticks. I'll use my own balls, thank you very much.

Lyle
Old 01-16-2002, 08:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK you guys, we are having a great time reading about you not having any sticks but plenty of balls for the golf challenge. I do happen to have a couple of extra sets of clubs for you duffers ( unfortunately they are set up for Tucson golfers only, it's the altitude, you know). I would think that Hersh would have a few extra sets in his garage/hanger/shed/utility room/ etc. if he can find them. Mike C. and Hersh, can you guys work on getting a few guys together for this momentious ocasion ? Do we have any plans for a late March or early April event ? Hey Bob B. where are you now that we need an events coordinator ??? To change the subject --- on January the 27th we will met at 10:30am and drive down Tombstone via the back roads. So far we have five Tucson cars, possibly a brand new FFR which has been built by Gordon and Bill. Bill told me tonight that it may be ready by the 27th. Gordon has just completed the green, no stripes, paint job. Mike,Lyle and all, I will set up a meeting place for the 27th over the next couple of days and get it to you. John
Old 01-17-2002, 11:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     
Default Stick and Balls

Sorry, Tucson John, I will be working that weekend. As you may not know I work every other weekend. My days off for the next year are applied for the first week of November. Jan 27 wasn't one of them. Next time. I do have clubs (inherited) but probably can't help win unless we play best ball and I get lucky.

Bob
Old 01-17-2002, 11:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob,

Do not worry about us(phx) winning. The Tucson guys have a pro on their side. Maybe we will let him carry Hershal bag. Or he has to hit the ball with a stick I provide

We can plan the Golf Tourney around your weekends off.

Mike