Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   CONCOURSE featuring COBRAS 02/11/17 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/137875-concourse-featuring-cobras-02-11-17-a.html)

Karl Bebout 01-24-2017 09:20 AM

CONCOURSE featuring COBRAS 02/11/17

Peter Volny, organizer of the Concourse in the Hills just sent me the following note. I was hoping more of us would be willing to show our babies in this outstanding show, and there's still plenty of time to enter. The $50 entry fee ALL goes to the Boys and Girls Club. Peter and his entire staff are all volunteers so there are no "administrative fees". Since this is the case, even el-cheapo-Karlos (me) entered, and I NEVER pay to provide something of interest for someone's financial gain. Peter has arranged for a COBRA GUNSHIP Helicopter to be the center piece with our COBRAS parked around it, which certainly makes for some outstanding photo ops, not only for ourselves, but the thousands of spectators and undoubtedly the magazine photographers that will certainly be there.
Here's Peter's note, along with a link explaining how to enter, etc. Get your rides shined up and come enjoy a beautiful day on the grass around the Fountain Hills lake with hundreds of gorgeous cars.
Karl - as of now we only have 6 Cobras registered. The Cobra helicopter is confirmed and I had to take out a $10 million insurance policy to get it so I am very keen to get a lot of Cobras to park by it.

Would you mind sending out an email asking people to register now as we are doing the show layout over the weekend and want to allocate enough space for you.

The easiest is to register on line at:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/concour...aff=erelexpmlt

Best regards,

Peter

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 01-24-2017 10:01 AM

Concourse in the Hills Feb 11

OK, time to open that wallet. It's deductible. To be the feature in the biggest car show of the year is a bucket list event! I'm sure there will be much media coverage. TV, News, Blogs, Magazines, lots of videos by drones. Lots of vendors, food and samples, T-Shirts, hats and 800 of the greatest cars you'll ever see. For sure there will be famous people to gawk at too (besides Scotty.)
Join us!

AZ Bob

moore_rb 01-24-2017 11:23 AM

Saturday the 11th is my mother's birthday party... so I'm out.

Karl Bebout 01-24-2017 12:38 PM

RB, don't you think Yo Momma would want her bouncing baby boy to go out and enjoy himself. You'd certainly be home by 5pm. Come on, you can do it!

nniets 01-24-2017 03:45 PM

I've been planning to sign up but kept forgetting. Today I got a schedule glitch that will screw things up, but I have a couple ways out of it. Working on it...

dave from mesa 01-24-2017 05:38 PM

Done. Got the paperwork.

Phx Mike 01-24-2017 07:29 PM

I am registered and will be there. Signed up a few months ago

nniets 01-24-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB (Post 1413966)
OK, time to open that wallet. It's deductible. To be the feature in the biggest car show of the year is a bucket list event! I'm sure there will be much media coverage. TV, News, Blogs, Magazines, lots of videos by drones. Lots of vendors, food and samples, T-Shirts, hats and 800 of the greatest cars you'll ever see. For sure there will be famous people to gawk at too (besides Scotty.)
Join us!

AZ Bob

It's a sad state of affairs, but many of us are so old that we're more motivated by a cool t-shirt than the possibility of attractive women in the crowd. :LOL:

Gofastoldguy 01-25-2017 12:26 AM

Robert...how many are registered as of today?

Scotchman 01-25-2017 06:47 AM

Just registered. Do we need to bring any paperwork with us showing proof of registration ? :confused:

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 01-25-2017 07:03 AM

Scotty, I printed out my email receipt but it appears that Peter is keeping tract.
Bill, as of today, we have 9 with Ron, I think.
My original estimate to Peter was 20. I am guessing they will make room for people who show up, but perhaps not the central, feature positions.

AZ Bob

Karl Bebout 01-25-2017 11:30 AM

GoFast, did you enter?
Atta Boy Scottie, think positively that you've have that 45 minute fuel pump change done by then. You'll probably receive your receipt, car number, instruction sheet, and voting sheet in the next week, or so.
NNIETS, git yer chit together. I didn't think we were to get Tshirts. cool, if we do, but the very high maintenance scenery is almost worth the entry fee, alone.

Danr55 01-25-2017 11:54 AM

Guys you need to read the instructions. There is an attachment that was sent with your reciept that has your entry number on it. You need to complete the information and print the attachment and bring it with you to avoid delays and possibly missing the BIG SHOW.. I realize that reading instructions is contrary to your way of life, but it saves time and does not cause brain cancer as Scotty may mistakenly believe.. Unless they are written in Russian..

Cobrakeith 01-25-2017 02:13 PM

All I see is the attachment with the ticket with my order number on it. There isn't any other attachment in the Evenbrite e-mail. I assume this is what you are talking about, if not what am I missing?

csx4910 01-25-2017 03:00 PM

would love to but will be freezing my @%&$%^^&$ off in Omaha Nebraska for work. Last time I was delayed 5 hours trying to leave due to snow and ice. I am sure you all will have nicer weather here

Danr55 01-25-2017 04:46 PM

You guys didn't get a data sheet and registration with your email? My registration number is 190. Check your email reciept and be sure. The instructions are quite clear that you need to print this out and fill it out and biring it with you.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 01-25-2017 05:07 PM

Yup, got all that plus entrance ticket.
Mine says "FASTER THAN HIS"

AZ Bob

Cobrakeith 01-25-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB (Post 1414097)
Yup, got all that plus entrance ticket.
Mine says "FASTER THAN HIS"

AZ Bob

I guess they are discriminating against the 289 variety of Cobra:JEKYLHYDE

Phx Mike 01-25-2017 07:58 PM

What Danr said....

You should have received two attachments - one is a sheet with a big number on it that you have to fill out with your car info and put on your windshield so folks can "vote" on your car and the other is a receipt / entry ticket with a bar code and your name on it.

Bob these data packs are crazy accurate - yours says "Faster than His" - mine says "Captain Windex Bench Racer Guy" :-)

Gofastoldguy 01-25-2017 08:14 PM

Karlos...will register tonight
Billy