LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2017, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     
Default Charlie sullens' new hot rod shop

Passing this along for Charlie. Here is a copy of his new Hot Rod Shop business card. Location is near 19th Ave and Pinnacle Peak Road. Opening is in the near future. I'm sure he will let us know. He is no longer connected with Brown's plus Charlie is bringing the Superformance installation knowledge with him.

Best of luck to Charlie. He has always been good to me.
AZ Bob
Old 03-06-2017, 06:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

American legends is registered by John Panfil from Anthem Motors. That was the shop he was going to start after Anthem went bankrupt. If it's true he is in business with John. I would not touch it with a 10 foot poll. The number of people they ripped off and scamed at Anthem Motors is not small. Including myself I know personally of 3 others who lost money big time with Anthem. It says Charlie is a partner. To funny. I hope it's John with Charlie. Would love to pay them a visit.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
It says Charlie is a partner. To funny. I hope it's John with Charlie. Would love to pay them a visit.
What's "To funny"?
If you would "love to pay them a visit" then why don't you? Scared?
Superformance #884 --- Sold
No more Furds.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWRAT View Post
What's "To funny"?
The funny part is that he possibly went into business with the scam artist John. Says the shop is not open yet. I'll wait till then. It would be my pleasure to stop in. I have a few receipts to show Charlie where I was charged twice for numerous parts.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex owner of a polished Kirkham 427 S/C. Now Cobra-less and driving a mid-engine German hot rod.
Not Ranked     

Charlie has done great work for me and at a fair price..
Old 03-06-2017, 10:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Look, I never said Charlie was not a good mechanic. I said he and John scammed me out of thousands of dollars and I'm not not only one. If he is going into business with John again, didn't they rip off enough people when it was Anthem Motors. Maybe they will do it differently this time. I doubt it, I just thinks it's funny, the apple does not fall far from the tree. Lol. I stand by my words and my paperwork. I would love for good ol Charlie to chime in and call me a liar. Guaranteed it won't happen.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My name is Peter Santacasa. I had superformance number 2510. Ask if he remembers. They had my car over a year for and engine and transmission install. Charged me twice for numerous parts. Never made custom
Parts they were paid for and before they finished my car closed the doors and shut down in the middle of the night. This is all after they were paid 100% for the car. I still have all receipts. Charlie please respond to this post I would love to go over all the receipts where you and Talia, Johns wife were in charge of.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

Don't you think this diatribe has gone on long enough? I think it's clear to everyone that John had some very poor business practices. Like many others, my bill was considerably more than anticipated. I have worked with Charlie for about 10 years and have never had an issue with his work or with his billing since he left Anthem. Other than those complaining here, I've not heard of anyone with a problem with Charlie. I see nothing served other than the venting of personal annimosity.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 03-07-2017, 07:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Only reason I made a commit is because the name American Legends is registered to John Panfil. It says Charlie is a partner. So if he partnered with John Ill do anything in my power to warn others of their past business ethics. Which they have very little. Say what you want but there are now 2 of us on here that have had bad dealings with John. Unfortunately for me Charlie was involved also. When you steal my money it becomes personal for a lifetime.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Only reason I made a commit is because the name American Legends is registered to John Panfil. It says Charlie is a partner. So if he partnered with John Ill do anything in my power to warn others of their past business ethics.
Really, then why did you attack Charlie here in post #9?
Metro Phoenix area mechanics

BTW, who the hell pays 100% in advance for anything? fordnotsosmartracing65 does.
Superformance #884 --- Sold
No more Furds.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Really, then why did you attack Charlie here in post #9?
Metro Phoenix area mechanics

BTW, who the hell pays 100% in advance for anything? fordnotsosmartracing65 does.
Because he stole my money. Never said he was not a good mechanic I said he and John are scam artist. I paid 100 percent in advance. The 50% percent to start the build and the remanding balance upon completion. because having my car for 7 months they didn't have the funds to finish it. Charlie asked me to pay remanding balance and 5 months later still no car. they were stealing from other projects to pay for projects that needed to be completed. Let's blam the people who got scammed not the ones doing the scamming. Like I said both John and Charlie are crap in my book. This best part of club cobra is to let people know of good and bad experiences with vendors so others don't get ripped off. Like I said where is good ol Charlie to call me a liar. He won't. Guaranteed. I paid Charlie personally in advance to finish my car. They shut down the doors and took the cash.

Last edited by fordracing65; 03-08-2017 at 08:16 AM..
Old 03-08-2017, 06:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I guess if you can't do honest work and make a living you go back into business with the guy who ripped people off the most. John Panfil and Charlie Sullens.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
American legends is registered by John Panfil from Anthem Motors. That was the shop he was going to start after Anthem went bankrupt. If it's true he is in business with John. I would not touch it with a 10 foot poll. The number of people they ripped off and scamed at Anthem Motors is not small. Including myself I know personally of 3 others who lost money big time with Anthem. It says Charlie is a partner. To funny. I hope it's John with Charlie. Would love to pay them a visit.
Quote:
What's "To funny"?
Quote:
Look, I never said Charlie was not a good mechanic. I said he and John scammed me out of thousands of dollars and I'm not not only one. If he is going into business with John again, didn't they rip off enough people when it was Anthem Motors. Maybe they will do it differently this time. I doubt it, I just thinks it's funny, the apple does not fall far from the tree. Lol. I stand by my words and my paperwork. I would love for good ol Charlie to chime in and call me a liar. Guaranteed it won't happen.
Well... I've been a little busy, I didn't know everyone was talking about me so much.

1st of all, the shop's name is: American Legends Hotrods and Muscle Cars, LLC and is in no way shape or form affiliated or partnered with John Panfil. I'm partners with Tony who I have been working with for the last several years.
It's been well over 8 years since Anthem went out of business and I haven't seen or done anything with John since.
And further, as ALMOST everyone knows and realizes, I was not a partner, owner or in management at Anthem Motors. I didn't have access to quickbooks or accouting, or control of the pricing or billing... I was the head mechanic and cobra builder. Anthem went out of business, plane and simple, if someone had paid for something at that time that hadn't been done yet, I'm not sure how that is me ripping someone off?? And if it makes you feel any better Pete, I lost money too...showed up for work one day and the doors were locked, lost a few tools and never did get my final paycheck. But, like I said, that was over 8 years ago so I've moved on.

The New shop is open btw, 1st cobra in for service is getting picked up this afternoon! Still getting settled in a little but everyone is welcome to stop by anytime. (We will be closed this Friday for GoodGuys though) I've never hidden where I'm working at Pete, you can come by too although you never have. And to everyone else, Thank You! As always, I greatly appreciate the support.
Charlie Sullens
American Legends Hotrods and Musclecars
cdnus likes this.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     

For the record(since FordRacing65 doesn't have the facts)

On the Az Corp Commission John Panfil is registered for American Legends, LLC

Charlie's company as he stated is American Legends Hot Rods and Muscle Cars, LLC

2 different tax id, 2 different companies, Tony and Casey are partners NOT John. Please geet facts straight before throwing accusations.

I lost some money from John as well but NOT Charlie and I moved on, lifes too short to spend time in the past. John has nothing to do with this new venture and unless someone has owned there own business before, instead of raining on someone who is venturing out to a new business don't throw stones. I wish them nothing but success and will be supporting him.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     

And then Robert came by and checked out this thread, and....

Name:  raw.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  20.1 KB
Old 03-08-2017, 12:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Charlie, thanks for responding to the story.

You should have plenty of success if you:
Do what you say you're going to do.
Be accurate on your charges and time frames.
Be reasonable about backing up your work.

These are just a few basic business principles for getting, keeping, and growing your customer base.

Very best of luck with your new business!
Old 03-08-2017, 12:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
For the record(since FordRacing65 doesn't have the facts)

On the Az Corp Commission John Panfil is registered for American Legends, LLC

Charlie's company as he stated is American Legends Hot Rods and Muscle Cars, LLC

2 different tax id, 2 different companies, Tony and Casey are partners NOT John. Please geet facts straight before throwing accusations.

I lost some money from John as well but NOT Charlie and I moved on, lifes too short to spend time in the past. John has nothing to do with this new venture and unless someone has owned there own business before, instead of raining on someone who is venturing out to a new business don't throw stones. I wish them nothing but success and will be supporting him.
Reread my posts. I said if he is involved with John. First post.

For Charlie. I have moved on also. When we dealt before I handed you personally all my checks and you were in charge of my build ordering and building needed parts. I did not get all parts or a completed car. I find it hard to believe you knew absolutely nothing about the financial problems. Either way I lost my ass and you were the one I dealt with.

Charlie never said you were hiding. I saw you after you left Anthem when looking for a new job you went to air park autotek to get a job. The shop where my car was being completed. Rory would not hire you. After I showed him my receipts with your signatures on them as the lead builder when you would sign off he would not hire you. That's why I find it hard to believe you knew nothing with your signature is all over the place.
That's why I like this site so much. We can tell of past experience with vendors etc and the rest can make up their mind.

Last edited by fordracing65; 03-08-2017 at 12:41 PM..
Old 03-08-2017, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default Let me join the chorus...

Back when I had my last accident around Xmas '15 I thought I would give a local
shop a try at my repair. I asked Charlie if he would like to give it a shot
and he said "yes'. After towing my car to Brown's for the estimate
Charlie informed me that his body shop guy didn't have a clue how to repair the 1" tubes in the front end! No experience with a damaged FFR I guess.

At this point I told Chas. I have no other choice but to let my guy in Yuba City,
Ken Pike, Street Rod Painter, pickup the car and transport to his shop in Cali.
Charlie informed me that if I wanted to get my car I would have to pay $500+
for him to release the car. He was charging me for storage(2-3 days), estimate by his body guy and towing by his tow company to Brown's.

Ken P was on his way down to pick up the car that day. I had to pay the money just to get my car. I'm sure it was a "Sour Grapes" attitude by Charlie for losing the business.

You think I'll take any car of mine to Charlie?
Old 03-24-2017, 10:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1983, 427W, IRS, Wilwood brakes
Not Ranked     

Well, I broke my windshield again and took it over to Brown's. They said they'd replace it n/c since it was right down the middle and looked like it broke from tension. Left it there a week later to be fixed (last Friday) and they said they'd order the windshield and have it back asap. Monday, Ed, the "service manager" called asking what type of replicar it is since they couldn't find any id (like the FFR plate under the hood). Said he'd get the glass ordered. Tues Ed called to tell me they would not honor replacing it n/c as it must have been broken by a rock. I said "fine" but why did they take my car and say they'd fix it. It's not like it's close to my house. Ed said by the way your shifter is broken and we had to push your car into the shop. Strange, since I'd driven it over and it worked just fine. Discussed the matter with GM Brian, a total ass, who insisted the shifter was broken when their guy got into it to move it. Said Brown's isn't responsible for things that break while at their shop. He then asked his mechanic to explain to me that it was broken when he got in the car. The mechanic said he couldn't find first gear and after the second or third try, the shifter broke. Guess they forgot to coordinate their stories. They still refused to accept responsibility so shipped over to Charlie, who is fixing it now. Had to drop the trans as one of the roll pins inside is broken. Strange how that happens. Charlie has always been up front with me and put the engine in after someone else (who shall remain nameless, but has a shop in Maricopa) put the wrong oil in it and screwed up the cams on my 408ci. I can only speak from my experiences, but as far as mechanics go, Charlie has is an OK guy.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Well, Doc. I think you need to fess up and 'splain to usins just how you drove the car, over to Brown's, with a busted roll pin. Come on...Fess up! Tell us the secret.