21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2017, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR: 302 w/aluminum heads, Edlebrock injection. Street car trim, no scoop, side pipes or rollbar.
Send a message via AIM to Maricopa
Not Ranked     
Default This Coming Saturday

Had a buddy ask if I could come by this coming Sat (12th) and give his kid a Cobra ride for his birthday. Anybody want to grab some early breakfast and then go over there with me? T-Bird and I-17 area.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

These are the kind of rides I like.

Good for you Mike.
Maricopa likes this.

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 08-07-2017, 08:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR: 302 w/aluminum heads, Edlebrock injection. Street car trim, no scoop, side pipes or rollbar.
Not Ranked     

Too bad you don't have a Cobra anymore....or live here.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bueller, Bueller?

Is my mouthwash not cutting it?
Old 08-08-2017, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65 Cobra w/351W
Not Ranked     

Mines just sittin here gathering dust. Come get it. Or i could have Jamie drive over for it. Let me know.

Mike
Maricopa likes this.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well I can't drive both mine and yours. You still out of commission?

It's not a big deal, just thought it would be fun to make a morning of it. I don't get a chance to get out with other cars very often. Mostly just take it to the gym/bank/library/Wal-Mart, etc.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65 Cobra w/351W
Not Ranked     

Sorry i read that like you didnt have yours available and needed one. Im still down but not out. I will have to see how i feel. I may be able to do it. Would love to if i can. May have to go out Thursday morning and try to sit in it and see how it feels. Wounds are pretty gnarly and large and still have two staples. I will let ya know. I will have it washed and ready though. Its lookin kinda forsaken right now.

Mike
Old 08-08-2017, 10:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex owner of a polished Kirkham 427 S/C. Now Cobra-less and driving a mid-engine German hot rod.
Not Ranked     

Maricopa - what time on Saturday? I am in if it is early. I need to take the car to Charlie's place for some shock work but could head over before that. I think I am near you 32nd and Shea area.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I was thinking hit a Denny's or similar over that way @ 7:00am and then get to their house @ 8:00.
It's going to be a little cooler by Sat, but I also don't want to be out much past 9.

We might have to limit the outing to just Mikes....
Old 08-09-2017, 08:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex owner of a polished Kirkham 427 S/C. Now Cobra-less and driving a mid-engine German hot rod.
Not Ranked     

Mike how about I meet you at the Bashas at 32nd and Shea at 7:30 and follow you over. I am going running early Saturday.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If it ends up just the two of us that sounds good. We can skip the Denny's...I know I don't need it.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

32nd is all torn up right there at Shea, how about we meet at the old K-Mart down the road at Cactus?

Anybody else?
Old 08-11-2017, 12:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sounds good - 7:30?
Old 08-11-2017, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yep, see ya then. You'll be the guy in the Cobra, right?
Old 08-12-2017, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike it's looking like rain! If it clears up I will see you at 7:30 but if not go without me.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No rain here. I'll be there at 7:30.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry you had to bail, as it was I got maybe two-three drops on the way there and that was it. After seeing your car I wanted a ride!

Mikie (not Mikie C, the 9yr old birthday boy) loved it. He knew everything about Cobras and Shelby and was chatting away all about them until we hit the Greenway on-ramp...
nniets likes this.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I wish I had not bailed. Glad he enjoyed the ride - I am sure he will remember today for a long time. Your car is nice - I like the street Cobra style.

I did replace my right rear shock (It was leaking) and got everything back together and took another shake down ride just now. Man it is just too hot for these cars in the middle of the day.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oh I don't blame you, could just as easily ended up in a downpour.

I need to do a bunch of wrenching on mine too, front end stuff, dead fuel ga., new weatherstripping, etc. Too hot to work on 'em too!
Old 08-12-2017, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You ain't kidding about it being too hot to work on them. I'm pretty good with the heat but I was feeling it today even being in the garage.

BTW a heads up for everyone I have one of those 1.5 ton aluminum harbor freight quick pump 75 dollar floor jacks. When I raise the back of the car I usually go under it right in front of the rear wheel and in front of the sidepipe exit and put the jack at about a 45 degree angle (not perpendicular to the side of the car but angled forward) to get the lift point as far forward as possible so I can get max lift at the rear frame near the rear wheels where I stick the jack stands. Well when you do that - jacking up the right rear like I was - the car gets kind of tippy between the right front and left rear as you get the right rear wheel up off the ground (car has it's right rear on the jack and the left front wheel on the ground so it is kind of pivoting around an axis between the left front tire patch and the jack point). Well bottom line is that aluminum jack frame is not real strong in torsion and doesn't like that jack point twisting at all - at one point just before I stuck the jack stands under the frame tube I could see that jack frame completely twisted out of shape. Scary. It did not completely return to proper shape when I lowered it either. So - use caution and of course never ever rely on one of these things as anything other than a lifting device.

Last edited by Phx Mike; 08-12-2017 at 06:49 PM..