LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2002, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     
Default Pavillions Cruise 2002

The annual Pavillions Cruise during Barrett Jackson brought out another record: 910 cars. It was a visual over-load. The best selection of muscle and rods I have ever seen. This on top of 18 cobras! A couple of new owners and a few that were for sale.
The cruise brought great cars that didn't or wouldn't sell at the auctions too. Saw several with mark downs on their For Sale signs.
Mike, Jerry, Hershel, Dave, Jason, Paul, Mike, John, Scott, Lyle, Ben, Kevin 5 others for sale including a new Everett-Morrison with a Rat motor, and more I can't remember.
Everyone found a car they would like if there were no Cobras. Lots of cars for sale. Parking lot full by 1pm. Men's room full by 2pm.
Jason had the custom trick of the day with his special Oil Filler Cap. We'll see pictures. Wind down about 8:15PM just before we froze stiff. By the way-my leather flying ace cap and goggles kept me toasty so laugh-on.

Bob
Old 01-20-2002, 07:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Included in the list of 18 Cobras were 3 new members. Another SPF, A silver Hi-Tech and the EM. We are still trying to talk him out of selling. Hersh was in love....another Chevy motored cobra.

Jason's snafu will live forever...actually longer when I get the pics posted.

Ginny fell in love with a 32 Ford Pheateon(SP).

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 01-20-2002, 08:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter Cobra#20,SVO351 Twin Turbo
Not Ranked     

Bob....I loved that flying cap and goggles!!!! Did you get that Cobra off the ground yet? Don't try a Dukes of Hazard move though. Had a great time with all you guys and gals last night but boy did it get chilly. Every time I get with you guys the club gets larger and larger. How many are in now? Keep the excitement going Guys. Drive safe but have fun if you can. Talk to you later. Kevin

Last edited by Kevin; 01-20-2002 at 08:11 PM..
Old 01-21-2002, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Darwin Cobra Owner Award

Well I should have a lock on the "Darwin Cobra Owner Award" for my new "Filler Funnel Oil Cap Design".

That is what happens when you get in hurry to leave for a show.

If I had only left my hood on!
Old 01-21-2002, 07:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kev,

It was great seeing you again.

Our membership is now over 80...with 63 cars. If we could only get all the cars together what a sight.

Jason, you never know what Ginny will come up with....

Dave send me the pics for all the world to see..

And it was darn chilly driving home.

mike

Old 01-21-2002, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Chilly drive home

You bet your sweet muffler it was cold. I was going to take the freeway, but I chose to drive down Bell 40 mph all the way. BURRR

It was cold driving to work this morning at 6:30 AM.

GOD I love driving that car!

The wife just shakes her head, she thinks I am nutz
Old 01-21-2002, 08:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

I took the freeway all 25 minutes worth. It wasn't too
bad... the icesickle came off my nose without taking
any skin with it.

Hersh
Old 01-21-2002, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Night

What a night!! i have a great time looking over all your cobra's. My wife was even excited to get one.....some day (soon i hope). Thanks for taken the time to drive out and show off some Snake. We we're glad that we had a hard top to drive home in though..

Hersh,
thanks for talking to us. i love to chat about these cars and always learn something. (we were the couple with the two kids)

Thanks again to all you guys!!!
Old 01-21-2002, 12:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey, Cobra Man AZ...

I guess I missed you. But, then again when Hersh gets to flapping his gums....well you know.

There usually are 3 to 4 cobras there every Sat. night. Another bunch of us go to the cruiz in at 77th ave and bell rd.

Keep coming back here for info about further gatherings, you are more than welcome to attend.

Mike

Old 01-21-2002, 01:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cobra Man AZ,

Don't let Mike fool you, all these old guys will talk your ears off! Just remember to talk loud and let them see your lips move so they can understand what you are saying. Also just like in National parks, don't feed them or get to close.

HE HE HE HE HE

By the way I am the YOUNG WHIPPER SNAPPER of the group. If you can't get enough of seeing Cobras then I highly recommend you coming out on Tuesdays and Saturdays whichever days you can make it.

As far as money savings go, if you have a Cobra and drive it up there, your Cokes are free. That is a good selling point to tell the wife. That is about $60 a year in savings!

All kidding aside, I wish I had known about these guys before I purchased my FFR. I would have done things a little different. The less you know translates to the more you pay. Also there are other guys that come on Tuesdays that have been building engines since Rome fell.

Old 01-22-2002, 10:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hey guys!!

Thanks for the reply. i love checking it all out. i am tring to get as much info. on them as i can so i dont mind the flapping gums...so bring it on!!

i didn't know you'll went to the PV on Tues. i will have to head down there tonight. Anyone going to be there that can give me somemore ear chewing? or take some ear chewing..

Thanks again
Old 01-22-2002, 10:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Opps I wasn't clear enough, on Tuesdays we are at the 5 & Diner on Bell and 73rd Ave (I think), next to the McDonalds around 6:30.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry OOOHHHH

That a long drive from EAST mesa, almost A.J...

Anyone from Around here ever got to Sup. Springs by the target. i have seen some hot rods there but not any Cobras.

I still haven't even riden in one yet and i still want one.. darn snake must have bit me when i wasn't look'in

thanks for the info.
Old 01-22-2002, 11:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just realized that you are in Mesa, it would be quite a drive for you. But if you have a list of questions, you might want to come. I will throw the Factory Five Brochure in my car. If you come you can look on it or you can contact them at their website. Search under "Factory Five" I e-mailed them and about a week or so I received the brochure about their cars that they offer. If I see you tonight I will give you the brochure for your reading pleasure.

Factory Five is one of many manufactures out there. I can say that for the money and budget, the Factory Five fit me. If a person has a bigger budget then another product might fit them better. If you come to the meetings and shows, you will be able to see first hand the products. Much different than looking at a glossy flyer or brochure. The owners will be able to tell you the likes and dislikes. I have my own about Factory Five and when I do sell my current one so that I can build my own, I will make the corrections or do some things different than the builder of my car did.
Old 01-22-2002, 11:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cobra man AZ....

If you get a chance stop by Gordon Levy's shop.

It is located near Curry and Scottsdale rd. I would post his address and phone number but need to replenish my stock of his cards. Gave out a bunch last Sat. night.

If he see's this he will post the info.

I know it's a long way to our side of town but if you make it out I'll give you a ride. Like Jason....Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Mike

Old 01-22-2002, 12:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Make sure you are current on your Life Insurance Policy, it wouldn't hurt to raise the benefit. GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-22-2002, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Car builder/restorer FFR
Not Ranked     

AZ Cobra man, Feel free to come by the shop. We have been building FFR's for over 5 years. I always have a few around. My number is 480-446-8442. We also have a nearly completed FFR coupe here.
Old 01-23-2002, 07:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation Thanks!!

AAARRR

i would have loved to go for a ride... i wasn't able to make it out of the house last night...
Thanks for the offer. i would love to again some time if the offer still stands.?!?

My wife said she wants to go out to the Pavillions on sat. and look at the different type (manuf.) of the cobras. Sooo.. we will probly be out there Sat.

Gordon i am going to make a trip over to your shop . i would love to check out some over the differences and which would best fit me..6'2" and budget..

Thanks again for all the offers for Info. you guys are great.!!
Old 01-23-2002, 07:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Car builder/restorer FFR
Not Ranked     

I am 6'3" and I don't have a problem fitting. just let me know you are coming and I will give you directions.
Old 02-08-2002, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Sat the 2/9

Will anyone be going to the show on the 9th thought I might stop in and check out the cars.

Mike