• 3 Post By twobjshelbys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2020, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     
Default Spending Opportunity!

The Auction season is off and running here in the desert. I'm going to the MAG Auction (formerly the Silver Auction) today, Barrett Jackson next Tuesday and Russo Steele on Friday. I saw several commercial car haulers on I10 yesterday and I'm sure there will be plenty more.
Interesting thing happened to me. I posted a craigslist ad for my '68 MGB GT the other day and I received almost an instant inquiry asking me to do a "vehiclereport.com". When I pulled up the site, I found that there was a $15 fee. What a nifty-nasty way to make money. Hmmm didn't do it and haven't heard from the "buyer" again.
If I'm not heard from, in the next week or so, it means that I found something to buy at the auction. Hopefully, I'll get out of the hospital without too lenghtly of a stay.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     

Have fun, Karlos...

I also like getting out for a couple hours every auction season, just to see what's movin and shakin in the automotive world...

And, selling a car on craigslist isn't a bad way to go, assuming you are comfortable waiting for an "in state" buyer to come along; and as long as you have time to filter out all the non-buyers and pseudo-appraisers who are going to offer to "help you get top dollar" for your car... for a fee. Ignore.

vehiclereport.com has an automated robot that contacts every the seller of every new listing on craigslist...

Next will come the Nigerian princes who want to wire you 2 million for the car...

I like your listing... good pics, nice honest description of the car's condition, and a solid price. The next owner is out there, somewhere. You may want to consider going nationwide (Hemmings, Bringatrailer, etc) if you want to bring more attention to the sale.

But, I do know that it is common practice for all the "out of towners" who come into Az for auction season to check our local Craigslist, so your ad should get some eyeballs on it over the next couple weeks ...

Last edited by moore_rb; 01-10-2020 at 07:23 AM..
Old 01-10-2020, 07:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 302 cu 290 hp
Not Ranked     

Hope to see you at Barrett Jackson on Tuesday. We have a week long pass so we plan on taking advantage of it. I’d better be careful, I’m in a buying mood.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bebout View Post
The Auction season is off and running here in the desert. I'm going to the MAG Auction (formerly the Silver Auction) today, Barrett Jackson next Tuesday and Russo Steele on Friday. I saw several commercial car haulers on I10 yesterday and I'm sure there will be plenty more.
Interesting thing happened to me. I posted a craigslist ad for my '68 MGB GT the other day and I received almost an instant inquiry asking me to do a "vehiclereport.com". When I pulled up the site, I found that there was a $15 fee. What a nifty-nasty way to make money. Hmmm didn't do it and haven't heard from the "buyer" again.
If I'm not heard from, in the next week or so, it means that I found something to buy at the auction. Hopefully, I'll get out of the hospital without too lenghtly of a stay.
DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH ANYONE THAT ASKS YOU TO DO "VEHICLREPORT.COM". They are a scam. They WON'T EVER BUY YOUR CAR, but they GET COMMISSION ON YOUR REPORT!!! IT'S A SCAM!!!

I told them I would send them the VIN and they could get the report and if they bought the car I'd take the $15 off. Never ever heard back anything from any one of them.
BigGuy, Gaz64 and MKS427 like this.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FF5 347 stroker
Not Ranked     

You missed the chance for Bullitt car at 3.4 million
Old 01-10-2020, 05:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2114
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinoonaz View Post
Oh, so close missed it by .1 million
Old 01-10-2020, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

Went to MAG yesterday evening to review and may attend MAG Saturday. Only saw 1 FFR cobra but it's a nice one. Haven't seen anything yet drawing me in.
Planning B-J on cheapskate Monday. Auto auction starts 2pm. Not looking for anything special I can afford but you never know when that "special 1" appears.
Not planning on R&S since website says $30 entry plus $25 parking. Too frugal.
AZ Bob

Last edited by Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB; 01-10-2020 at 06:38 PM..
Old 01-10-2020, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKIV Roadster, 347ci, 475HP
Not Ranked     

I will be working Tues, Thurs and Friday for SpeedAsylum at Barret-Jackson

If there is a group of AZ Cobras one of those nights, I need to get a picture of you guys in front of the Cobras.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex owner of a polished Kirkham 427 S/C. Now Cobra-less and driving a mid-engine German hot rod.
Not Ranked     

I may head out to Barrett Jackson next Saturday, to watch Ron’s car cross the block.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MkIV 427
Not Ranked     

Jim and I will be there Tuesday morning.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Mark, I'll be looking for you so you can buy me an $8 hotdog.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Barrett-Jackson Monday

Fought the traffic and crowds today just to get in. Ford T-Shirt this year has the BRONCO on the front. Corvette & Dodge also had T-Shirt lines but didn't try there. So many nice cars, WOW! 1850+ cars. That's about 1000 to many. Walked through everything indoors, just the vendors outside and still walked 3.6 miles. Going to be a lot of big bucks cars. Big outdoor displays for FFR, SPF Backdraft and food/drink/B-J clothes everywhere.
Found a cobra display that would look good at a car show standing in front of the car.

AZ Bob needs a nap
Old 01-13-2020, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR from Levy Racing 302 FI w/Edelbrock Performer heads
Not Ranked     

What car is Ron selling?

Vietnam Vets may be eligible for medical care and disability compensation. Contact the VA if you have prostate cancer or type 2 diabetes. Finally got around to going to the VA.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:56 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

I think Ron's selling one of his early model Bronco's. Bob you did make a offer on that Cobra Trophy Maybe give it away next Christmas party. Did you guy's see Allen Grant's trunk lid, on BaT, and what it brought 11.5K, We were in till it hit $1500 Cheers TommyRot.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron is auctioning this one for charity: #3008 Saturday evening: https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...OADSTER-236302
Along with a mini-me copy on a go kart frame.
AZ Bob
Old 01-21-2020, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinoonaz View Post
Well, I'm not so sure. I was there, and a phone bidder got the final bid.

The rumor I heard was that Mecum had previously "purchased" the Bullitt, an agreed upon value, from the owner. And then for publicity, and business, ran the car through his auction, with one of his people bidding on the phone. Interesting !!!

Does anybody know who actually owns the car now ??
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."