Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Cobra Crash in CA Yesterday (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/143337-cobra-crash-ca-yesterday.html)

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 03-07-2020 06:28 AM

Cobra Crash in CA Yesterday

Fatal, happened in San Diego. Need I remind you to be responsible and point it straight.
https://tinyurl.com/t3rkhux

AZ Bob

Phx Mike 03-07-2020 06:36 AM

These cars demand respect.

Sawdust 03-07-2020 06:38 AM

Condolences to the family

8Ball 03-07-2020 07:17 AM

This was Sol's Factory Five, It was a beautiful car that he did an outstanding job of building. Her was a member of our San Diego Cobra Club.
This has all very upset as he was very responsible with his car. Ive never seen him be reckless on the the streets with his Cobra.
He was to retire next year.
R.I.P Sol, tell Carrol we all said hi
MAY THE ROAD GO ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER END!!!!!!

CHANMADD 03-07-2020 08:10 AM

So very sad.

jhv48 03-07-2020 08:32 AM

News reports he was traveling at a high rate of speed and lost control of the car hitting a curb and then a tree.
So sad but another reminder that these cars can get out of hand very easily.

patrickt 03-07-2020 08:34 AM

That's one of the worst ones I've seen. So much for the dual roll bars helping out. Prayers to the family.

pgermond 03-07-2020 01:00 PM

Be careful. **** can happen unexpectedly and these cars aren't very forgiving! Speaking from experience.

[IMG]http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d.../IMG_00543.JPG[/IMG]

desgros@vtlink. 03-07-2020 01:01 PM

Never to forget our Cobras are extremely fast and must always be respected.

The families sadness must be great.

John
ERA #3010 Slabside 289 BRG

1795 03-07-2020 02:28 PM

Yes, there is not much there to protect you. Things happen quickly with these cars, and the faster you are going, the faster bad things happen. The pictures remind me of a friends corvette. He was a few years older than me and was driving a 1974 vette at a high rate of speed. He hit the corner of an underpass and the car disintegrated similar to this one. There was a blue mark on the corner of the underpass and tire marks going down the walls and ceiling of the underpass. There was nothing left of the front of the car except for a twisted frame. The engine separated from the transmission and they both were in the tunnel. He somehow survived with numerous broken bones and a head injury. Was never the same after that.

Be careful. My condolences to the family.

novasscnc 03-07-2020 03:04 PM

Very sad, have had pro street cars, big blocks, corvettes, but my 565 hp Cobra is the only car that scares me and that's good,

ERA 626 03-07-2020 04:01 PM

prayers to the family, so sad...

Alfa02 03-07-2020 07:11 PM

My thoughts and prays go out to his Family & Friends. I spoke with one of our PNW member who knew this gentlemen though the FFR forum, said this was not like him, (very careful driver) but this car was pushing 750HP, so ????

rodneym 03-07-2020 07:40 PM

I've done stupid things and been lucky. I've also just been unlucky.
But this is so tragic.

Brent Mills 03-08-2020 03:36 AM

Condolences to the family...If there's anything positive here, it's that he was doing something he loved.

KDubU 03-08-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa02 (Post 1473047)
My thoughts and prays go out to his Family & Friends. I spoke with one of our PNW member who knew this gentlemen though the FFR forum, said this was not like him, (very careful driver) but this car was pushing 750HP, so ????

Hard to say right now the reason for the crash, some are stating high speed which is indicated by the impact and roadster being in pieces so that is logical. However the cause for high speed has not been confirmed, so it could be the right foot or it could be a stuck throttle, been known to happen and one has to react quickly. His roadster was a beauty and I have only seen it from afar and yes it supposedly had over 700hp which is too much IMHO for a car this size. One can get into trouble easily with 400 let alone 700.

1795 03-08-2020 02:16 PM

Yes, the high rate of speed may not hav been intentional. Have seen accidents at high rates of speed in which the driver passed out due to a medical event or over tired and the right foot goes to the floor. Then there is the stuck throttle that can happen as well. Always a good thing to have two return springs.

t walgamuth 03-08-2020 04:20 PM

Ouch!

Condolences to the family.

timsullivan 03-08-2020 05:53 PM

RIP Sol.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 03-09-2020 11:25 PM

Here is a photo of the cobra before the accident. From Benny Stafford who knew the driver. Blown Coyote motor, 700hp.
https://i.postimg.cc/50FgpR8p/Sol-Soltelo-s-Cobra.jpg

AZ Bob