Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Polished CA Kirkham on BAT (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/143787-polished-ca-kirkham-bat.html)

Karl Bebout 07-02-2020 01:30 PM

Polished CA Kirkham on BAT

A very nice, 1200 mile, polished Kirkham is listed on Bring a Trailer. Its up to $75K with 6 days to go. Definitely a nice car, but doesn't have the special goodies Mike's has: stainless and billet chassis and suspension goodies, full stainless exhaust and it has just a little, sub-500 CID engine. Also, a quandary, the ad states the car has new front bearings. 1200 miles?

PHX Mike, youse paying attention?

t walgamuth 07-02-2020 01:50 PM

prolly chinese bearings.

Alfa02 07-02-2020 07:40 PM

Hopefully Mike, is watching this one, thanks Mister Karlos. What's your guess? I say 115K. TommyRot.

Karl Bebout 07-03-2020 05:56 PM

$115K would probably be a pretty good buy. Definitely a nice car. By not going through one of the big live auction houses, the buyer will pay only a 5% commission while the seller has already paid his $100 posting entry. Also, the buyer won't have to pay the sales tax collected in AZ. Don't know about other states, but AZ has the stipulation that live auction cars are the property of the Dealer (auction house) so sales tax is gouged out of the buyer. 8%+

csx4910 07-03-2020 09:31 PM

I have been looking at and tracking several cars on Bring a trailer lately looking for cars to flip and had a conversation with a dealer who advertises on there all the time. Their comment was that more than 60% of the cars are now dealers so buyers may still still stuck with dales tax unfortunately >[

Nice car but a Karl you are right it lacks the pieces that finish off a beautiful Kirkham!

TimG427 07-04-2020 05:08 AM

That's a very nice car, my guess is they will want upwards of $150,000. I don't know if it will bid that high, but I'm sure they will want at least that amount. A friend asked me to look at that car and I told him that $120,000 would be a bargain.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 07-04-2020 08:04 AM

BaT Sold to Hearst Auto Group

FYI: Found this on Autoweek Dispatch today:
Who hasn’t spent more than a few minutes (hours, days?) ogling the classics for sale on Bring a Trailer. Don't deny it! Even if we’re not in the market, bringatrailer.com is an early and often bookmarked stop on the World Wide Web. It’s kept Autoweek editors enthralled for more than a decade. And now we can announce we’re welcoming them to the Hearst Autos family. BaT co-founder and nice guy Randy Nonnenberg and his team will continue running the site. It’s only going to get bigger and better, and we can’t wait.

AZ Bob

ERA 626 07-04-2020 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimG427 (Post 1479212)
That's a very nice car, my guess is they will want upwards of $150,000. I don't know if it will bid that high, but I'm sure they will want at least that amount. A friend asked me to look at that car and I told him that $120,000 would be a bargain.

agreed, the roller with out the motor is $110k, and Joe at Denbeste built that motor, Joe is one of the best FE builders in the business. The motor is at least $20 k wholesale. It cost $130k to build that car. AKirkham with a Joe motor? very nice...

TimG427 07-05-2020 06:24 AM

I just priced that car out on the Kirkham site and it came to $190,000. I'm sure I forgot something in my pricing.

Karl Bebout 07-08-2020 12:40 PM

This beautiful car sold for $130K plus the $5K maximum buyers' fee.

I'm thinking that in today's market, a good deal for buyer and seller AND BAT:)

Phx Mike 07-08-2020 12:52 PM

Mine is also sold and on its way to the new owner. I won’t disclose the price but based on the BAT auction results today I will say that mine also traded hands at a fair market price. My car was identical to this one except mine had the stainless steel frame and a 482 FE instead of the 496. The new owner has promised to drive it a lot and I know it’s going to a great home.

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 07-08-2020 06:50 PM

Congrats Mike. Best of luck on your new toy.
You are going to miss the sounds.
AZ Bob

Phx Mike 07-08-2020 07:30 PM

Indeed and the acceleration. Once I get the next one I will make a drive with the Cobra gang - if I can keep up!

ERA 626 07-08-2020 08:13 PM

$130k a good deal for the seller? Im sure he lost a LOT on that deal... I would say its a great deal for the buyer...

Alfa02 07-09-2020 06:45 AM

Mike, glad to hear you got what you were looking for (price wise) can you tell us, where it's new home is ??? Maybe up here (hope, hope;) ) At least I was 15K on the low side of the price, on BaT car. . Cheers TommyRot.

Phx Mike 07-15-2020 09:36 AM

My car is on its way to Hawaii.....

I have put an order in for a GT4. Now just have to wait for the dealer to get an allocation from the Porsche factory. Pretty neat car - naturally aspirated 4.0 liter flat 6....414 hp, 13:1 compression ratio, 8K rpm redline....

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 07-15-2020 10:00 AM

Sweet! Sounds like a lot of fun. 6 speed manual. What color?

AZ Bob

MKS427 07-15-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phx Mike (Post 1479762)
My car is on its way to Hawaii.....

I have put an order in for a GT4. Now just have to wait for the dealer to get an allocation from the Porsche factory. Pretty neat car - naturally aspirated 4.0 liter flat 6....414 hp, 13:1 compression ratio, 8K rpm redline....

Nice. First I've heard of the GT4. Enjoy it.

t walgamuth 07-15-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERA 626 (Post 1479441)
$130k a good deal for the seller? Im sure he lost a LOT on that deal... I would say its a great deal for the buyer...

It may prove to be a very good price in today's sinking market.

Remember if the prices are low you only lose the money when you sell. If you hold on most things will eventually rebound....will our cobra replicas? Maybe, maybe not...only the shadow knows.;)

Phx Mike 07-15-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB (Post 1479763)
Sweet! Sounds like a lot of fun. 6 speed manual. What color?

AZ Bob

Carrera White...with black wheels. 6 speed manual and no turbo.