23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2002, 09:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Nov. AZ. Cobra event in Tucson, Nov. 10th

The Tucson Cobra owners / builders will host the November Arizona Cobra Club event on Sunday, Nov. 10th. Please plan to arrive in Tucson no later than 9:45am, earlier is better. For the Phoenix guys, if you leave the rest area on I-10 south of Phoenix by 8:30am you'll be here by 9:30am ( assuming you do the speed limit). Bill Neurath will host coffee and donuts at "the ranch" which is just west of I-10. We have an 11:00am tour time, the tour will last until noon. Ken Paulin, with the assistance of Bill Markley, will be our host for lunch. From the tour site to Ken's home, on the far eastside of Tucson, will be about a 35 minute drive. We are allowing about three hours for "Cobra talk" and, based on our sunset time of 5:25pm, assuming that the Phoenix guys will be leaving about 4:00 to 4:30pm. We will provide gas station locations before you leave Tucson. Presently gas averages about $1.29 a gallon. I'll be continuing this "post" as the time to November 10th gets closer. The extended weather forecast is for temps in the upper 70"s. John
Old 11-01-2002, 07:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

John,

Where do we meet up with you guys in Tucson?

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 11-01-2002, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mikec, for you and you alone. Take I-10 east and I'll meet you. For the rest of the guys I'll be providing more information next week. Basically you'll get off of I-10 at exit # 252, Ruthrauff / Camino del Cerro. We will meet you there. Mikec, remember stay on I-10 and I'll meet you. Bring along ten dollars for admission and a game. John
Old 11-05-2002, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi ya'll from the Tucson Cobra guys. I understand that Mikec will be out of town and not able to make this event. I do hope that you guys will still come down here and share our enjoyment of the Cobras. We'd like you meet us at Bill's place at 3929 W. Wildlife Dr. Exit I-10 at exit #252, El Camino Del Cerro / Ruthrauff, and note your mileage, turn west, right, at the light off of I-10 and go exactly one ( 1 ) mile to Wildlife Dr. It will be on your left, south, side. The sign is small so you'll need to be looking for it. Turn left onto Wildlife Dr. ( dirt road begins ) and go to the end, 200 yards or so, and turn right. Look for a blue mail box on your left with the address - 3929- , about 25 yards down the road, and turn into the yard. Coffee and donuts will be waiting. We'd like you to be there about 9:30am ish. We will be departing Bill's at 10:15am for the tour. If you can't make the morning activities then meet us at Ken Paulin's home on Tucson's eastside at 10885 E. Pinal Vista, crossroads are Houghton and Old Spanish Trail. We'll be there shortly after 1:00PM and have brotwurst and hamburgers and drinks, etc. for our refreshment and lots of Cobra talk. It looks like we'll have about eight Cobras from Tucson and four or five builders present. Please join us for a day of conversation and relaxation. I can be reached at 520-529-8878 if you have any questions. John
Old 11-06-2002, 04:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John,

You guys have a great time while I'm freezing my stuff off in the cold northeast.

Bob B will be there. He is planning on heading down on Sat. night. Spend some time with his son...who is attending the University.

Deep Thought was also planning on attending. Not sure about anybody else.

Mike

P.S. you mentioned something about a breakfast on the 17th?

Old 11-06-2002, 10:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dog-gone-it Mikec, you had to mention the 17th of November. On that Sunday at 11:00am , Ken Jones will host a steak and eggs breakfast with a champagne chaser. The only catch is that you have to show up in a Cobra OR if you are a builder, then you need proof of your build, like a tail light lens or ??? Is any one interested in attending this feast ? Ken is a gourmet cook and wine taster, by the way. Let me know by email or this forum and I'll pass on Ken's address. John PS. Sunday, Nov. 10th the Tucson temps will be a high of 73 degrees and a sunny sky.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mike,

"cold northeast"? of Arizona? you gonna be in this area this weekend?

Old 11-09-2002, 07:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry Neal....

I'm about 2500 miles away.....

Mike

Old 11-09-2002, 10:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427 Side-Oiler
Not Ranked     

I guess John will have to eat the extra donuts.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

THANKS to you PHOENIX guys for coming down to Tucson. Dave , Bob, and David all made our event very enyoyable. What can I say, t-shirts, shorts and 100 MPH down I-10. We had a total of eleven Cobras attend our coffee and donuts at Bill and Mo's, then the cruise down to the Titan Missile Museum, and the wrap up at Ken and Gail's for Brats and Hamburgers and lots of cold drinks. Thanks to all of you for making this gathering so much fun. John
Old 11-12-2002, 09:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John,

Glad you guys had a great time...Sure wish I had been able to go along. Next time....

Mike
Oh, We need pics...