Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2003, 08:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     
Talking Great time at Anthem

Anthem Motors invited the local Cobra club up to their new location for a get together. Wife ,daughter and I had a great time and appreciated their hospitality. Anthem is a new Backdraft dealer in the Phoenix area. Long live Cobra people and their cars!!!
Old 06-14-2003, 08:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

I second that thank you Jeff. Always a great time when cobra people gather. Had about 20 cobras there at one time. Lots of food and beverage, Joy rides and tech talk. Super!
Thanks goes to John and Kevin for the invite
Bob
Old 06-15-2003, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR: 302 w/aluminum heads, Edlebrock injection. Street car trim, no scoop, side pipes or rollbar.
Send a message via AIM to Maricopa
Not Ranked     

Just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome my family got, especially to Mike H. who gave all my girls a ride in his awesome FFR. My 10 yr old has now asked about 2.4 million times when we we're getting a kit. Wish I had an answer for her, though when we do it looks like I may have someone with small, nimble fingers to do the wiring.

You guys all have some beautiful cars that's for sure and I plan on getting out to more of the events.

PS. Bob that gigantamous BB in your Superformance is just frightening to behold!
Old 06-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

It was a good time at Anthem.

I want to thank, John, Taj and Kevin for putting up with us for evening. They really went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Prizes, games and food.

Many members took advantage of getting their cars up on the rack for an inspection. I could not as I was having to much fun giving rides. John lots of rubber was left in front of your shop...

We had a total of 21 cars show up.. Thanks guys and gals for making this event a good time. In talking to Taj it sounds like thay want to do it again next year.

I'll get pics posted as soon as club photo is back up.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 06-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Some pics posted....

http://members4.clubphoto.com/mike28...14/guest.phtml

Mike

Old 06-16-2003, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: none
Not Ranked     

Thanks Kevin, and John for the great night at Anthem.

You guys have a very nice shop, and an awsome product with the Backdraft. I wanted to say thanks again for letting me put the "Green Machine" on the rack! I fixed that pesky oil leak around the pan, I hope??
It was nice to see everybody again, and all of those hungry snakes in front of Anthem, it was Awsome!
If you see any 315 size burn outs in front of the shop they might be mine, still having problems with that heavy right foot every once in a while. (hehehe)
Until next time................
Keep it over 100
Brian
Old 06-16-2003, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR: 302 w/aluminum heads, Edlebrock injection. Street car trim, no scoop, side pipes or rollbar.
Send a message via AIM to Maricopa
Not Ranked     

Oh Man, my girls are gonna love seeing those pics! Thanks again Mike.

Mike
Old 06-16-2003, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks to everybody who came and made our first AZ Cobra Club Father’s Day Event such a great success!!! We had absolutely wonderful time meeting all of you and checking out all the Cobras, and see Mike among others burn the rubber…. Cannot believe that Gloria beat all you Cobra guys in the quiz – you guys better start studying for next year!

As we had 20 Cobras, you might not have had a chance to put your Cobra on a lift. If so, please call us and we’ll arrange a time when you can do this. Also, we’ll post here when the 1st Backdraft is ready for the test drive – the shifter arrived too late (had gone to a wrong address first?) and we were not able to finish the car by 5 pm Saturday.

Thanks Mike for getting the photos on the forum. I put some of ours at our Web site – here is the link http://www.anthemmotors.com/newsandevents.htm .

You guys really proved that COBRA PEOPLE ARE TRULY FUN!

Thank you all,

Tarja “Tadia” & Anthem Motors Crew!
Old 06-16-2003, 05:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John,

If you want to you can email me the rest of the pics that Tadia took and I'll post them.

I just added the pics I got from Dave S to my album.

I'll be by after the fling to throw my car on the lift before I start on some improvements.

Again thank you for your Hospitality.

Mike

Old 06-17-2003, 10:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default ANTHEM

I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS TO JOHN AND KEVIN FOR THE NIGHT. I HAD A GREAT TIME AT THE GET TOGETHER SINCE THIS WAS MY FIRST OFFICIAL TIME WITH MY FFR. THE FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING. I THINK I HAVE A NEW NAME FOR MY LOG IN SINCE JOHN'S MOTHER ASKED ME IF I WAS ITALIAN. I TOLD HER I WAS ONLY HALF. SHE TOLD ME THE BRAINS COME FROM THE ITALIAN SIDE. SO MAYBE I'LL CHANGE MY LOG-IN TO HALFBREED.. ALSO THE MEATBALLS WERE EXCELLENT. JOHN, IF YOU KNOW THE NAME AND LOCATION OF THAT RESTAURANT THE PASTA CAME FROM LET ME KNOW. IT REMINDED ME OF MY GRANDMOTHERS.. THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING AND I STILL WANT TO TEST DRIVE THE BACKDRAFT WHEN IT'S READY .
DR MUSCATO A.K.A.
HALFBREED
Old 06-23-2003, 10:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Food & Test Drive

Hi "Halfbreed",

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Father's Day Event! It was nice to see your car - I have some photos were it's the first car in the front of our store (along with 19 others).

The first Backdraft with automatic is now ready and you can come and do the test drive - just call John or Kevin first. I am answering here in John's behalf - he is today in Prescott.

The restaurant where we ordered the food is extremely small Italian restaurant called Alta Villa in Sun City West (13940 W. Meaker Blvd - 623-544-4233). This is not a fancy place, and one of the cashier's is not the friendliest you have ever seen, BUT the food is absolutely great. It's worth the drive. (The meatballs at our event were made by John's mom, everything else was from Alta Villa.)

Tarja "Tadia"
AnthemMotors.com
Old 07-05-2003, 12:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Guys-- Sorry to miss the event-- I am in Portland OR still -- Super weather now--- but - I miss out on the events there--

Will go to the historic races in at PIR (Portland) next week-- always a good time--
Lots of good car shows etc. happening this month--

Thanks for the invite Kevin and John-- I hope to see you guys at the first event after I get back -- I will dust off 143 (maybe I will have plates on it by then) -- they just add too much weight--

Best regards,

Jim