14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2003, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR: 302 w/aluminum heads, Edlebrock injection. Street car trim, no scoop, side pipes or rollbar.
Send a message via AIM to Maricopa
Not Ranked     
Default AZ Cobra FFR-types: Seat Question

My order is coming together, I'm getting the $$s arranged and just got $500 worth of free stuff here! http://www.ffcobra.com/cgi-bin/ultim...=026588#000002
My question is about the seats. I find the original style the most attractive, and plenty comfortable, but I worry about the lack of headrests. My short ride with The Joker almost gave whiplash. (Jason, you gotta warn folks! )
The street Performers that FFR offers as an option look nice but I've heard they have some installation issues and can be a little tight.
I have an idea for a removable, rear bulkhead mounted headrest if I go with the vintage seats but if any of ya'll have opinions on this, or better yet have street performers in your car that I could test fit my butt on in the next couple weeks (before the 31st) I'd appreciate it.

Mike
Old 10-03-2003, 01:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Mike,

My thoughts on this are as follows: Personally I do not like the look of high backed seats in a cobra. The FFR seats, for me, were uncomfortable after I had them for awhile. So, I opted for another seat. There are a number of low back styles that look nice and fit well and are very comfortable.

What I would do, if I was starting over, would be to order the Performer seats then if they did not fit your needs you could sell them. It is easier to sell the performer seats than the stock FFR seats.

Come by Cruizin on Central the 11th of October. There will be plenty of cars there and you can try out different seats.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 10-03-2003, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Headrest ????????????????? You have to be kidding !!!!!!!!!!!! If you want safety go and buy some misc. Detroit iron. They even have side inpact bars and bags. Next time you're in a Cobra look over at the size of an F350's tires next to your head. Mike Foss has a new set of seats that he's just installed in his FFR. They are low back and quite comfortable. Yes, the origional FFR seats are a tad uncomfortable after 8 to 10 hours in 'em. John PS. WHIPLASH IS PART OF THE JOY OF OWNING A COBRA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2003, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR: 302 w/aluminum heads, Edlebrock injection. Street car trim, no scoop, side pipes or rollbar.
Not Ranked     

Yeah John I know what you mean, I drove my glass body sandbuggy on the street for almost 5 years and it makes a Cobra seem like a tank. I'm not looking for airbags or industry crash test #s, but a rear ender is the most common collision, and the one you can do the least about as you just sit there and get whacked.

I'm not shooting for a real vintage look, so I think I'll go for the performers, see how I like them and what my options are if I don't. Thanks for the help guys.

Mike I'll try to make the 11th, Thanks. Have any seats in the caravan opened up for Vegas yet? It's still looking like I'm gonna solo the trip unless I can twist my brother's arm and get him to come along.

Mike
Old 10-03-2003, 08:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Mike,

I have the street-perfs in #3923. I made my own mounts for the seats. The driver's side is on a slide and both seats ended up 1/4" off the floor at the back and 2 1/2" at the front. I am 6' 3" so I needed to get them as low as possible.

The car is basically complete, waiting for the body.

If you would like to test fit your tailfeathers e-mail me at dknightrider@cox.net I am out in Chandler.

Dave
Old 10-06-2003, 09:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Coupe/ carbed/ IRS/T5.air/tilt/CC.HalibrandIII's
Not Ranked     

Maricopa
I am using miata seats in my car, you are welcome to try them out, I am going to try to be at the PAV on the 18th of this month, or you can e-mail me if needed.
Mannyjoe
ejae@aol.com
Old 10-06-2003, 10:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Manny. I'm going to try and get over to Dave's Wed or Thurs. He said you live close and I'd really like to see your ride. The filled 'bumper holes' and clean front end look great, as does the paint. I'm close to the Pavs so I'll try to get out there too.

Mike
Old 10-13-2003, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to VPR-KLR
Not Ranked     

Mike
Why not get low-backs with a removable headrest? The current AC's are sold with them, and are available off of their site. Other companies stateside sell period correct lowbacks with removable headrests too. Just to bother Mikiec I went with the pre-performers "highback" Subes.
Jaime
Old 10-13-2003, 07:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That's a good idea Jaime. So far, I agree with Mikiec about the 'look' of the lowbacks, but I also like the performers and the Miata seats I've tried. I also saw a Cobra at the Central cruise Saturday night that had a padded area all the way across the rear of the cockpit. It looked really slick and the wife liked that set up too.
I'm Soooo confused!

Mike