26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2003, 10:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question Insurance

Where or who can I obtain insurance coverage for my Cobra that is about 90% complete.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Try Condon and Skelly out of New Jersey. I've had Met Life coverage through them for a couple years. They had the best rates I could find after Haggerty priced themselves out of doing business with me.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnspeed,408W,Tremec 600 roadrace, Liquid Yellow w/Black stripes
Not Ranked     

Try American Hobbyist, out of Florida. 35k agreed value, $0 deductable, one year for $308.50. Restrictions arn't too bad.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster/428CJ "The Stretch Limo of Cobras"
Send a message via AIM to Robert T. Faust
Not Ranked     

Don,
I hate to recommend things as someone always has a gripe against just about everything you mention here but.....I have AON Collector Car Insurance. Unlimited mileage, minimal driving restrictions, agreed value coverage, in-house claims handling and use the repair facility of your choice. They advertise in the Goodguys Gazette, and I pay $311.00 (in California) a year. $25,000 replacement value, 100/300/100 liability, 100/300 UM/UIM.
Finished the car over 7+ years ago, for 25K I can build another one or buy one the way prices have been dropping. Tried looking into Hargerty but they said they were not taking any new Cobra kit/replica cars (?)
Call: 877-765-7790
Fax: 800-521-6986
Shop around.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

Hello,
I went to the web site for AON Collector Car Insurance. I do not know if changes have been made or it is the fact I am in Arizona but the last line of paragraph below states they will not accept Cobras or dune buggys now. This was taken off the on line quote page. Any other possibles Please list cause we would all like to save a few bucks.

" Kit Car/Replicar - A newly manufactured or constructed vehicle that mimics a prior year's vehicle design, usually of a classic or antique model year. These cars may be pre-assembled or assembled by the purchaser. Dune buggies and Cobras are excluded. "
Old 12-21-2003, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra-less for now..
Not Ranked     

All

I have my Superformance car on my Allstate policy with the rest of my cars... It is about $1000- per year, stated value $45K... about the same as my commuter car... $1 M liability 500K med, uninsured motorist coverage ,all perils, collision ded $100 , etc...

I just had the feeling that these guys would have the money if anything drastic were to occur...

Cheers and looking forward to meeting you all in the new year...

Steve
Old 12-21-2003, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

My SPF is insured with Met Life. They are taking good care of my damage (over $25,000). So far, so good. I am impressed with the adjustor's interest and empathy. We have an "agreed value" policy on the car based on purchase price but verified by an appraiser. When damage repair reaches 75% of agreed value it is totaled. We are not there yet.

Bob
Old 12-22-2003, 12:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thinks for all the information. I obtained insurance coverage via Hartford (AARP for us over 50). The same coverages as are with my other vehicles, an agreed upon value of $40K and 6000 miles per year for $425 per yr.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

like Karl, I went with Condon & Skelly - $581 per year, no mileage limits, full glass and towing. But really I figure a guy named Condon needs all the support he can get.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk 3 408 530 - 585 T- mustang Dyno at B&R
Not Ranked     

Hey, Sean, how did you get no mileage limits with Condon Shelly? I thought they needed that and your odometer reading?
Old 12-23-2003, 03:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 460/560hp
Send a message via AIM to jgrice
Not Ranked     

Don,

I am interested in the AARP program with Hartford.

Can you email me offline with some details (age requirements, how your got them to insure your cobra, house, etc).

Thanks

Jeff

jeffgrice@wideopenwest.com
Old 12-23-2003, 04:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Not Ranked     

Don,
I would also like Hartford insurance information. I am having some trouble finding a good company. My email is:

mj_duke@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Mike
Old 12-23-2003, 06:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fitz, that's what they quoted me. I noticed the premium is quite a bit higher than those companies that limit the mileage. hopefully they won't come in at the last minute with "oh by the way...".
Old 12-23-2003, 07:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Vette suspension, Baer 6P brakes, 540 cid Chevy, Haltech Fuel Injection
Not Ranked     

Donald Smith,

I was just speaking with my State Farm agent last week about trailering my newly acquired Cobra from Texas to here. He and I got to talking aboiut the Cobra and the Vette and he told me he could insure either one, even if they were being rebuilt/restored and not complete enough to be on the road.

I think this would fit your bill. As I recall he would need an appraisal to insure for value, but the rates seemed reasonable (the cobra will insure for something like $320/yr as an occasional driver).

Good Luck,