Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2004, 11:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk 3 408 530 - 585 T- mustang Dyno at B&R
Not Ranked     
Default Oct 30 Track Day

If my car is ready I will be there. Here we go with info for this date. I will probably spin and crash on the first lap! She will be so pissed!!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

If If If If If If.......

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 08-31-2004, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to JB34
Not Ranked     

OK guys, here's the deal.

October 30 at Firebird West. This is another school like we did the first part of the year on the East track. It is for all the folks that did not participate in the last one OR feel that they would like to review the course again.

This is an introduction to high performance driving open to street legal cars and will teach you about car control and balance to make you a better driver on the street and track. This DOC (Driver Orientation Class) is an educational event and NOT a race. Timing and racing are not allowed for this group. Instructors will be in the right seat, so passengers are not allowed. Each student needs to have a car. The class session begins promptly at 8 AM followed by on track exercises. Expect 3 to 4 class sessions and 4-5 track sessions (20 min ea). If you have never done this before, you will be amazed at how fast your learning curve advances. The early sessions will be slow, but by the end of the day, you will have learned a lot and will be able to safely drive considerably quicker.

Normal cost for DOC is $175 which includes membership to ProAutoSports. Cost for the Cobra Club this day is....$75.00.
After completion of this course, you will be entitled to move into different run groups for future events. "RED" group is the next step; "Green" group is the advanced group. For all the folks that completed the first school, YOU CAN Run with the "RED" group and practice what you learned in school. Green group members are welcome too.

The West track is technical but a lot of fun. It has excellant pit area (all paved) which is accessible to traffic without interfering with the track groups as is required on the East track. It is also much better for spectators too. You will need long sleeve shirts and a DOT or SNELL approved helmet.

If you have any questions contact Brian or me. I do not have an entry form yet but should shortly.

MikeC told me that he would send an email to the group too.

Hope to see you there.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Email will be going out tonight

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 09-14-2004, 09:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra-less for now..
Not Ranked     

Hey

A few questions:

Is the $75- all inclusive regardless of group? Or does one have to pay some membership fee as well? How do you sign up fpr this? How does one determine the group to enter?

Mulv
Old 09-15-2004, 11:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: none
Not Ranked     
Talking school is in................

the $75 bucks is for the class session and that fee includes class instruction, an instructor that rides with you (if U have 2 roll bars), a year membership with PAS. in order to run in the red group I beleive that everyone must attend this class. If you have experience you can talk to Larry, and pay $125.00 and run in the red group or green group. not a bad way to sort the car out then run the red group next event.................

Brian
Old 09-15-2004, 12:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Vette suspension, Baer 6P brakes, 540 cid Chevy, Haltech Fuel Injection
Not Ranked     

BPWIlliams and or JB34,

I'll be there provided I don't break something major in the engine at drag night coming up.

Is there a pre-registration sheet, or should I register on the 30th?

When should I pull in for registration and tech?

Is Snell SA 90 OK?

I got Simpson arm restraints and the instructions say to put the cuffs above the elbows. Doesn't seem they are very effective way up there?
Old 09-15-2004, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra-less for now..
Not Ranked     

EW
I can show you how to use the arm restraints, I have worn them a lot over the years.
BP
I still would like to know how to get the sign up form or whatever.... I have no problem running in the red learner group although I am not sure the instructors will be very comfortable......

Mulv
Old 09-15-2004, 04:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: none
Not Ranked     
Default Try this...

www.proautosports.com
e-mail Larry and let him know that you are wanting to sign up for the Cobra track event. Steve he might need x-tra instructors (a way to move up to green quickly )

The web site should have an entry form and the vitals on the track event. It seems to be the season as the classes are filling up quickly now that it is getting cooler.........

Have fun,
Brian
Old 09-15-2004, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Free Track Day 9/25

Is anyone going to take advantage of the free track time with PASA on the 25th at the West track at Firebird ? It will be a great warm up for the drags later in the day. I figure on maybe two sessions early in the day, then gas and go North. I saw the post about the Oct. 30 day, but nobody has mentioned the member appreciation day on the 25th. Is that just cause there are 50 other events that people are planning to attend??????

Just curious, and hope to see somebody there.