Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2004, 08:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     
Default Am. Muscle On Speed TV Tonight

According to my Direct TV schedule, Speed TV is having three hours of the program American Muscle Car tonight. The 4th segment will have the Cobra story. Couch Potatoes Rejoice!
Old 12-03-2004, 09:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Karl,

What time?

Ed
________
Old 12-03-2004, 11:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Starts at 7PM Arizona time. The Cobra segment is at 8:30. At least that's what is is from Direct TV. Don't know if Dish or the cable channels are the same.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

Go to this link for todays schedule.
http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 12-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Now why did the program director sandwich American Motors AMX in between Shelby 427 Cobra and The Greatest Musclecars Of All Time??? Does he/she really think we're going to stay in tune to watch all three???

BTW, THANKS for the heads-up!

-Deano
Old 12-03-2004, 02:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

Deano:
Well, they are replaying quite a few shows tonite all at once. I have seen each of them perhaps 3 or 4 times each as they usually run at other times during the week over the last year or more.

The AMX show is actually very very informative. The first year AMX is rather rare and the AMX was not built in any significant numbers. Since they were prone to rust, there are not too many NE cars existing which even lowers the population.

The AMX show is worthy of your attention IMHO. I am glad I saw it but had the same "unworthy of my time" feelings about it before I saw it the first time.

I guess there are no pre-race qualifications tonite so they filled the time up with an American Musclecar Marathon.

The DreamCar Garage show has been doing a real Shelby Cobra CSX restoration (skin off) this year but I keep missing those episodes. I wish they would do that show as a marathon some time.

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 12-03-2004, 03:56 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

I watched one episode of the DreamCar Garage Cobra build last weekend. Very, very involved, but a good series for the person that wants to understand how these were put together.

Honestly, I was just razzing the AMC crowd here. The AMX is truly a rare car and has its place in American automotive history. Now if they do a full blown story on the Matador and the Diplomat, then I'm going to be sick!
Old 12-03-2004, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don't forget the FINE FINE Pacer and the Marlin! Did envy those kids driving daddy's Rambler though. Reclining seats came in pretty handy at the drive in.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk 3 408 530 - 585 T- mustang Dyno at B&R
Not Ranked     

Now boys, the first car I had during college days was a green AMX. Paid 3495 for it I think. I remember blowing a XKE off the line any my little car was just a 290. It was a bad little car and looked good too.

The 390 with the right tires would jump off the line; wheels off the ground if you could get them to stick. What if all those cars had nice rubber like today. Some bad ass cars.

The was something on the web a few years back about what are the top 5 badest cars. What was missing from this last group was a 429 boss mustang? I had a friend in college that had a corvette with a 396 experimental engine and was it ever powerful!

I know....who cares!