28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2006, 08:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Tucson-Poker Run & Party this Sunday

Hi guys, If you haven't had a chance recently to look at the azcobras web site I did post an invitation to everyone to attend our Poker Run and Party this Sunday, March 26th. We will meet at 11:00 am and leave at 11:30 am for a cruise around Tucson involving a poker run. The party will start at 1:30 pm (ish) with Burger, Brats, and Beer. For more info please call me at 520-825-9197. John
Old 03-25-2006, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Daytona Coupe
Not Ranked     
Default I'm in

Hey John!!

Count me in! See you at 1100 on the East side of town! Dave
Old 03-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

I was planning on thowing my seat in and making it down to the shindig. Alas, I'm stuck here with a 20 minute response time for work related issues. We just put in a new computer system on Friday. Been on the computer and phone most of the morning.

Phx guys.... Post here if you are considering on going. That way you can setup a caravan to go down.

Tucson gang, I appologize about not being able to make it. Next time.

Remember avoid aces and eights.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 03-28-2006, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John, I would like to say thank you for Sunday's run and the outstanding food you and your wife put together. You are AWESOME the Tucson guy's would be lost without you.

Mike
Old 03-28-2006, 12:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you Arizona Cobra owners / builders. Wow ! What a good time ! We had 17 Cobras, and 2 others, to start the cruise / poker run. At the party the following goods were consumed: 48 brats, 35 hamburgers, 28 bottles of beer, 2 bottles of wine, 35 cans of soda pop. And every thing that goes with all of that. The people count is not accurate because people kept coming and going all afternoon but it looks like there were about 39 in attendance. The long distance drivers were Duane Dickenson from Saffotd and Sean from Chandler. Thanks guys for coming down. The poker hand winner, best five cards out of seven, was Ken Paulin. Mike Mahaffey took second. Both winners enjoyed their prizes. The drive was 60 + miles through out the Tucson city area with seven stops for poker cards. For those of you that did not attend please do not listen to the guys who did not win a prize. They will tell you horror stories about how they became lost in the first four miles. Thanks Ken for the side trip, I didn't know that street was there. Some will say that Old Spanish Trail ends in Benson,AZ. three cars were last seen headed that way. Thanks Lora and Dave Johnson for the photos at the Cancer Survivors Memorial. Thanks to the seven leaders of the segments, you did a great job of finding the "under the railroad bridge" location and the quick thinking at the train depot which kept us in line and the unplanned closing of a downtown street which took everyone by surprise and Scott led us on an impromptu cruise of the downtown area. Bill Markley was last seen going north on I-10( fast) and south on LaCanada(fast). Bill, we missed you at the party, be honest and tell us where you went with the attractive 20 year old girl in your passenger seat ??? Quiet, unassuming, and gentle Tom Hastings was led astray by of course, Scott Collins, you Phoenix guys remember Scott - he enjoys working with the police. Scott took a corner at great speed and noise, the cop looked up and saw Tom going by. The nice officer gave Tom a warning. Scott, you have to start respecting your elders and quite picking on us. Duane, I wonder if you'll ever let your daughter ride along with one of us again. A few guys couldn't make the run but did attend the party, It was good to see Jerry and Vaughn and John and their Cobras. I don't understand it but some guys showed some hostility towards me for having so many cars in the event and allowing them to kinda', sorta' , get lost. After a few beers they seemed to lighten up. Three things were learned, 1) let everyone know where to go. 2) Leaders need to remember that they are leading an 18 car train and the lights will stop some of them. 3) those in the middle need to make an effort to keep up. AND, lastly, I promise that I will do better on the next one. John
Old 03-29-2006, 08:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a grest time was had by all... Wish I could have made it. That would have been better than spending the day on the phone and computer dealing with problems.

To those that got lost.... Do not blame me. I did not give John any directions.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 03-29-2006, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk 3 408 530 - 585 T- mustang Dyno at B&R
Not Ranked     

Sounded like fun. Sorry I missed it. Where the hell was I last weekend? OH, it was wife birthday and Suns Game...
Old 03-29-2006, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
At the party the following goods were consumed: 48 brats, 35 hamburgers, 28 bottles of beer, 2 bottles of wine, 35 cans of soda pop.
No one else had anything but I was full!
Larry