We did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/160644.php
Old 12-17-2006, 07:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Beck Lister-Corvette
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks Santa!!!

Its about time, this thing was passed in 2005!

Really does not effect my Lister since its registered as a 1958 and is already exempt but I do have a 1978 Porsche 911SC that will now be exempt!!! Now I can tweak the exhaust and not have to worry about changing it out every year for testing.

I already have both my Lister and the 911 insured as collector cars so all I need to find out is what I need to do to get the exemption.

This is a nice Christmas present indeed. Thanks Santa!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427 Side-Oiler
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

It's officially official.The renewal for my HD came in the mail today.And in big letters across the form was:NO EMISSIONS required.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M 351C 428hp
Not Ranked     

need4speed, I am trying to find some info on the Beck Lister. I have allready talked to Dragon motorsports and went to Tucson to see one theirs but would like to compare the Beck for my next car. I have tried repeatedly the phone # at Lister.com with no answer. Give me a call 602-790-1326 Ironman
Thanks
Old 04-23-2007, 10:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ironman - Beck no longer makes the Lister, he merged with Avanti several years ago (www.avantimotors.com) and now it appears Avanti no longer makes it either. Muscle Motorsports (www.listercars.com) was reselling the Avanti and they may or may not have any left. Beck also recently built a revised version of the Lister that is larger and quite different in many ways and recently sold that design to BSC (I think thats the comapany name) and that car can be seen at www.lc470.com/FF/pages/470.htm. I am willing to show you my car but it will not be comparable to any new Lister that is available since the Avanti and BSC versions are different in a number of ways from the original Beck. If you still want to see it just let me know and I will give you a call to make the arrangements.

Alan
Old 04-23-2007, 10:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra-less for now..
Not Ranked     

It is cool, if you get one I would like to check it out...

Last edited by Mulv; 04-23-2007 at 10:45 PM..
Old 04-25-2007, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 393 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Update on no emissions law. I went to DMV 3 times for my 1973 Mustang on the third time I got my tags. Make sure you have a letter from your insurance company that says you have COLLECTIBLE AUTOMOBILE LIABILITY INSURANCE. Have it faxed direct to DMV or original that was mailed to you. No faxed letter that was sent to you. I went in with my policy that stated Antique/classic auto insurance, not good enough. Also the word collectors auto insurance will not work. I tried to get them to explain what the difference was with no luck. Anyway it is good not to go to emissions, I always had a hard time to get it to pass. Greg
Old 04-25-2007, 05:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the update and the tips, at least now we know thay are honoring the new law albeit in a very cumbersome way (what did we expect from MVD).