14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2008, 10:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ACE, 351W, 3550 Tremec, Raging(?) Red W/ White Stripe.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up It's all lonestar #024's fault...

Hi all you AZ Cobra Club guys I met at Memories On Main St. event on March 15. I guess all that “ear bending” a lot of you did trying to convince me to move to your area really worked.
The next day, Sunday, my buddy Chuck and I (he was with me at the show) were on our way to Tucson to visit another friend. So on the way I remembered that lonestar #024 had mentioned a car show at the Raceway Bar & Grill in Maricopa the previous day, which we didn’t attend but we detoured to check out the bar anyway. Chuck went into the bar but I stopped into the real estate office next door and asked for a sales brochure instead.
OK, to make a long story real short, I flew back to Chicago on Wednesday, shoveled about 6 inches of snow on Thursday, and will fly back to Phoenix in a couple of weeks to close on a house in Maricopa.
Plans for now are to spend about 4 to 5 winter months in your area, exercising the Snake in a warmer climate instead of hibernating on a four-post rack in northern Illinois.
Funny how that one message about a car show from lonestar #024, changes the direction of one’s life path.
And by the way, before you ask, my decision had absolutely nothing to do with those BB (Big Breasted) girls from Kirk’s Bar!
See you all on Main Street in Mesa in about 9 months!
Ralph
Old 03-23-2008, 10:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Ralph, You have made a great decision. Next year you'll be wondering why it took you so long to move away from the snow. The Maricopa area is growing very fast. We would like to invite you to Tucson during your next trip to Arizona. Please don't tell your Chicago friends about Arizona, let them go to Florida. John
Old 03-24-2008, 05:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

I think I'm calling BS on Ralph. The idea of leaving Chitown for Maricopa in the winter time sounds logical. His ascertian the the ladies of Kirk's made no influence on his decision is not logical.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 03-24-2008, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: lonestar 428ci 5spd
Send a message via AIM to lonestar #024
Not Ranked     

Welcome to Maricopa Redsnake.
Out of curiousity where in Maricopa is this house that you are closing on. We might be your new neighbors. Out here a person can move in a house, and it might take 2 years to find out who your neighbors are. Looking forward to meeting you. Let me know when you come out & maybe we could show you the town. (That should take about 20 min.) There are a lot of car nuts out here, also a lot of just plain nuts.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

Hey Ralph,
Welcome to AZ. and glad to have ya. Don't tell too many of your snow bound buddies your real address or they will try to move in with you. Maricopa is like many spots in AZ. growing fast and we are having a hard time checking their "car nut status" in a timely fashion but you Passed. See ya next trip. Jeff c
Old 03-24-2008, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Car builder/restorer FFR
Not Ranked     

My shop is about 1 mile for Raceway bar, a comfortable staggering distance. Stop by next time you are in town.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Damn,

Another snow bird......

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 03-24-2008, 10:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

What are you doing Ralph, deserting us at the WCCC???? Or is it just me, since I just joined. Just joking.

Really a great idea if you can swing it. Maybe in a few years, after we retire, we can join you in the sun. Hope to see you soon, when the snow stops and we can run the Cobras.

Lee R.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR: 302 w/aluminum heads, Edlebrock injection. Street car trim, no scoop, side pipes or rollbar.
Send a message via AIM to Maricopa
Not Ranked     

Another welcome to Maricopa....from, um, Maricopa....
Old 03-24-2008, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks guys for the warm welcome - after I met up with all you "Cobra Nuts" at Kirk's it felt like family but then again, I haven't met a bad bunch of Cobra guys anywhere.
No, Cobradreamer, I''m not deserting Windy City Cobras, just expanding my driving seasons.
Hope to see a few of you when I'm there from the 14th till the 20th of April - maybe there is another car show that weekend or I'll drive down to Tucson and help John align his "urban camouflaged" hood scoop. (I'll bring duct tape and super glue)
Ralph
Old 03-24-2008, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ralph, if you can get in on the 11 th you can cruise up to Globe with us for a car show and the "Tucson-Phoenix Challenge". I'll be glad to treat you to a DQ in Globe. Other events can be found at cruisinarizona.com and desertcruisers.com
Old 03-24-2008, 09:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Tucson View Post
Ralph, if you can get in on the 11 th you can cruise up to Globe with us for a car show and the "Tucson-Phoenix Challenge". I'll be glad to treat you to a DQ in Globe. Other events can be found at cruisinarizona.com and desertcruisers.com
Thanks for the offer John, but I already bought my plane ticket for the 14th through the 20th. It sure sounds like a great event, maybe I'll get my buddy Chuck to show up. I'm trying to get him interested in getting a Cobra, he wants to buy a Harley.
Ralph
Old 03-24-2008, 11:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ralph,
If when you get out here to Maricopa & it all works out, I'll take full credit. If you get her and can't wait to leave , I had nothing to do with it.

Seriously, congrats on your house deal and welcome to Maricopa. Looking forward to having a beer at Raceway Bar with you and you can tell me about Chicago.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison LS1
Not Ranked     

You guys know that the CIA tracks Ralph's movements by satelite?Check out the WindyCity Cobra Club threads---its been a while since Ralph had his Cobra out and its been so slow tracking him that the CIA had to lay off 20 operatives

See you in a couple hours Ralph, and remember to take that diversinary route and then park among the rail cars and cross the tracks thru the tunnel
Old 03-25-2008, 08:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar #024 View Post
Ralph,
If when you get out here to Maricopa & it all works out, I'll take full credit. If you get her and can't wait to leave , I had nothing to do with it.

Seriously, congrats on your house deal and welcome to Maricopa. Looking forward to having a beer at Raceway Bar with you and you can tell me about Chicago.
Hey lonestar, don't let my wife know about her, because she won't let me come out there. (i know, you forgot to put an "e" at the end of "her")
And don't listen to Jerry, he is just jealous he can't be coming out to AZ to fix my car. He did a hell of a job a couple of years ago after I lost it on a rain-covered slick curve. But since it don't rain in AZ, I won't have that problem.

Later guys.
Ralph
Old 03-25-2008, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It just proves the fact that "nobody's perfect", even if you own a Cobra.

Ralph , since I left the "e" out I thought I'd send you a couple of extras, just so you don't feel short changed.

eeeeeeeeeeeeee

Have Fun!
Old 03-25-2008, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1454
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a WCCC get together in Arizona next winter.........All right. How long of a trailer ride is it to AZ?

Party at Ralphie's house.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

It's about 36 hours on the road. We made it back from Springfield Mo last year pulling a trailered cobra in about 32 hours.

Just remember, when you bring cobras to Arizona from other parts of the country, they show a definite preference for staying. They never seem to run right if you take them back to KOLD country.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 03-25-2008, 08:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Chris, From Chicago to Tucson ( that is the other city in Arizona) I have made it in 26 hours in my Ford Ranger. My son-in-law and I drove from Kentucky to Phoenix in 29 hours in the Cobra. You can plan from Chicago to either Oklahoma City or Tulsa for the fiirst day and from there to Phoenix / Tucson on the next day. Potty breaks and fuel are done at the same stop. You'll eat a Subway sandwich for lunch as you drive. Keep in mind that the end of the journey is worth the inconviences along the way. Are you a White Sox or a Cub fan ? That does make a difference.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Tucson View Post
Hey Chris, From Chicago to Tucson ( that is the other city in Arizona) I have made it in 26 hours in my Ford Ranger. My son-in-law and I drove from Kentucky to Phoenix in 29 hours in the Cobra. You can plan from Chicago to either Oklahoma City or Tulsa for the fiirst day and from there to Phoenix / Tucson on the next day. Potty breaks and fuel are done at the same stop. You'll eat a Subway sandwich for lunch as you drive. Keep in mind that the end of the journey is worth the inconviences along the way. Are you a White Sox or a Cub fan ? That does make a difference.
Hey Chris, don't answer that, when I met him at Kirk's Bar at a car show, he asked me the same question. I told him, "Neither" hoping to spare myself the consequences.
Chris, you may have met John from Tucson at the London shows, I think he said he made like 5 of them.
Ralph