14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 01:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR: 302 w/aluminum heads, Edlebrock injection. Street car trim, no scoop, side pipes or rollbar.
Send a message via AIM to Maricopa
Not Ranked     
Default Stack Injection Recommend

Got a local hot rod buddy building a Ford Business coupe that will have a stroked 351 in it. He wants to do a stack injection system (either Weber or 'fuelie' look) and asked me to ask around the group for some recommendations. I know the VCP set-up seems to have some fans. Any other good ones?
Old 08-17-2009, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA EXP002, 1968 PI 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Have him go see Bob Ream at Imagine Injection, 2538 W. McDowell in Phoenix. I have had his injection on my 428 for almost 2 years and love it. It also doesn't look to bad either.

Dick
Old 08-18-2009, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 30K mile driver
Not Ranked     

Have seen his injection setup. Do not know the technical aspect but they are great to look at. He also did some work on my cobra when had S/C and stock FI. Kept it simple and it worked out. He is a lifelong gear head.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 239
Not Ranked     

I say Kinsler in that car.

Last edited by D-CEL; 08-26-2009 at 10:22 AM.. Reason: added image
Old 08-18-2009, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #455, KC427W, TWM-FI
Not Ranked     

I suggest TWM injection it well tested and used by many. "Thor" runs a business that sells them. I have set on my stroked 351 and have had no problems. Roush uses these for all of their FI engines.

There is a FI group here on CC that has a bunch of different systems with pictures and plenty of information.

Last edited by Rwillia4; 06-08-2010 at 09:21 PM..
Old 08-19-2009, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, FE BBF
Not Ranked     

Suggest that you look at two systems:

1) TWM with a FAST Computer - probably the highest performance in terms of Air Flow

http://www.twminduction.com/Home/Home-FR.html
http://www.fuelairspark.com/Products...s/xfi/over.asp

2) The Dynaformance System - looks just like webers, includes their own computer system

http://www.dynamicmotorsports.net/Dynaformance.htm

For a stroked 351, you might get the best results with the Dynaformance system as the smaller throttle bodies would probably be a little better matched to a motor with this displacement. With proper tuning, you should be able to get either setup to work well. Note that you have the option of electonic traction control with the TWM/FAST XFI which could be useful if rear tire spin is a problem with the combo that you are considering.

I have a TWM setup on my Cobra with a FAST XFI computer and I'm very happy with it (its on a 482 ci FE motor).

If you're interested in the TWM setup, you can find more information about it in our build thread on this forum.

ERA 753 - Final Assembly in Progress

- Fred
Old 08-19-2009, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 2765 Roush 427(POS) with cruise.
Not Ranked     

Hey Guys,
All these mills with injection is very impressive indeed BUT does dust ever enter the picture anywhere? Even after a moderate rain that would put down most dust, impurities and buggers abound. Ok, a light just turned on as I'm typing this. You don't care and just want eye candy alone? Or I have the funds to rebuild so stifle yourself idiot? How do you approach this subject? Or am I stupid? 209
Old 08-19-2009, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 930, 427 Windsor T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
The Dynaformance System - looks just like webers, includes their own computer system

http://www.dynamicmotorsports.net/Dynaformance.htm
this is the system to get if you are trying to replicate the look of webers.

Have Fun!

BDR #930
08 Corvette Coupe
92 Sunburst Yellow Miata
#81 Saturn V Miata Crapcan racer
Panoz GTRA #42
Old 08-19-2009, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209 View Post
Hey Guys,
All these mills with injection is very impressive indeed BUT does dust ever enter the picture anywhere? Even after a moderate rain that would put down most dust, impurities and buggers abound. Ok, a light just turned on as I'm typing this. You don't care and just want eye candy alone? Or I have the funds to rebuild so stifle yourself idiot? How do you approach this subject? Or am I stupid? 209
Some people are willing to trade durability for looks and performance. On the street, I use thse oval air cleaners. They cost me about 45hp across the board. I have to change the fuel map to match the restriction.

On the track, I use these open stacks. They're the best performance. I do suck in a little dirt and stuff. Doesn't seem to be a problem, though. I tear down the engine every other year for an overhaul. In this picture, you can see the "tea strainer" air cleaners. Believe it or not, these "filters" cost 100hp! Yup, 100hp, dyno proven.

V

At one time, I got the bright idea of removing the foam element in the tea strainers, and replacing them with K&N gauze filters. I bought a flat repalcement type filter, flattened it out, and cut out 8 circles. That turned out to be a bad idea. The engine ate 3 of them.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk 3 408 530 - 585 T- mustang Dyno at B&R
Not Ranked     

B & R Bob Reams; Even Levy will know. Was just over there and someone had a Roush car in for some "Stuff". What is with Roush? No one around to work on?
Old 08-20-2009, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #455, KC427W, TWM-FI
Not Ranked     

There are many options for air filters on stack systems. However they do look sexy with their tops off.

I purchased these from Roush for a few $$. I like that they still retain the stack look and filter the rocks out.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, FE BBF
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209 View Post
Hey Guys,
If you drive your car every day or in dusty conditions (ex you have a long dirt driveway) then you'll need filters. Looks like other posters on this thread have shown some good ways to go there. If you don't plan to put alot of miles on and you can keep the car out of the dust most of the time, then just install a set of screens and avoid dirty conditions. The screens are important to make sure a small stone or something does not get into the motor and cause damage. You will loose substantal power with filters if you need to use them. I am running two injected motors with screens (one for several years now) and I am not seeing anything that would indicate abnormal wear.

- Fred

Old 06-08-2010, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I work on them all.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maricopa View Post
Got a local hot rod buddy building a Ford Business coupe that will have a stroked 351 in it. He wants to do a stack injection system (either Weber or 'fuelie' look) and asked me to ask around the group for some recommendations. I know the VCP set-up seems to have some fans. Any other good ones?
Look up the Dynaformance fuel-injection system, it looks just like the Webers but runs like latemodel fuel-injection.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR: 302 w/aluminum heads, Edlebrock injection. Street car trim, no scoop, side pipes or rollbar.
Not Ranked     

Holy too late Batman.
The car is done and fitted with a slick Inglese set-up.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maricopa View Post
Holy too late Batman.
The car is done and fitted with a slick Inglese set-up.
And there's no pictures?
Old 06-08-2010, 03:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry, don't have any to post. Sadly, not my car.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Well get over there and get some.....

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 06-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler...488" hi-rise, dry-sump FE s/o w/stacks
Not Ranked     

Just in case you've forgotten what the VCP system looks like.....

Old 06-08-2010, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

Not seen alot over there ......Morrison Crossram...street trim of the system used in our V8 SUPERCAR SERIES here in Australia!!!!
This is MANDO'S setup in his Cobra.

[IMG][/IMG]

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-12-2010, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default One word: AWESOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZCOBRA View Post
Not seen alot over there ......Morrison Crossram...street trim of the system used in our V8 SUPERCAR SERIES here in Australia!!!!
This is MANDO'S setup in his Cobra.

[IMG][/IMG]
Nuff said. tin-man