12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII, warmed over 5.0, Turned 30,000 miles on January 1st run
Not Ranked     
Default Pinetop - 09/25-09/27

Is anyone going up to Pinetop for the car show next weekend?
We registered way back when and will be going up Friday morning and coming back on Sunday.

Have a good one...or two....or three......
Posi.............
Old 09-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

George,

I believe Jeff Classic is going. He will chime in here.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 09-16-2009, 11:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

Posi, if you haven't been to Run To The Pines show yet you should go. Great setting, great top notch cars, lots of vendors, even a great T-shirt. We used to go as a group but got lost in the event. Perhaps we will gather again in the future. Show used to be sold out early.
P.S. it is difficult to walk away with a trophy on Sunday morning. Too many local favorites.
AZ Bob
Old 09-17-2009, 11:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII, warmed over 5.0, Turned 30,000 miles on January 1st run
Not Ranked     

Hey Bob,
Yes we had to register early, like in April. We are looking forward to seeing some nice machines, just like in Kingman, that was great (read that GREAT). Plus it is a good weekend away with the little woman...if you know what I mean...wink, wink, nudge, nudge.....Have a good one...or two....or three......
Posi......
Old 09-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

See what happens when you don't lock the door, folks like me will sneak in. Hey George I will be going again this year. Bob is right about chances of getting trophy's but that is not why I go each year. I think they increased entry limit to 475. They will have 475 of the finest cars I have seen in the same show with folks traveling over 900 miles to get there. Hot August Nights and other shows (all types of cars) have bigger, much bigger entry numbers but this is a fine group of cars.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

Got back from the Run to the Pines on Sunday. It was another record year for number of cars (540) I think. The cool weather was fantastic with highs in the upper 70's or maybe the 80's but it sure was nice. I counted a total of 10 Cobras. 3 of mine in attendance with George & Vivian making 4 of the 10. Tucson and Showlow added a couple, maybe they will give us a shout. All looked great with some really amassing cars on the grass the Country Club.

No mishaps or road problems to report but the trip back into the valley was plenty warm. We hit Fountain Hills as the temp hit a record of 108 as the latest news I saw. Lee just finished his car but trailered as he is not registered yet but was looking mighty fine. Hope to hear from others about there take.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This was our inaugural trip to the "Pines". What a blast!!!
Hooked up with Jeff C & Cathy, Lee and Vic for the trip up and back. Boy was it hot (read that HOT) crossing the valley back to Goodyear, we were medium-well done by the time we got home. The cars at the show were outsatanding. They put us Cobras in the Corvette class which I think wasn't right, but if you stop and think about it, if we had "real" Cobras we would be pitted against the Vettes....so I guess it sorta makes sense.
Other than a nice size stone chip in the windshield (about the size of a dime), the trip was troublefree. Sure glad we hoked up with Jeff & Cathy, Lee, and Vic, we had many laughs....OK so the libations helped somewhat too.
The cars were great but the people make the difference.

See you at the next show.
Have a good one....or two...ah go ahead....have three
Posi........................