Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Arntz/Butler Forum

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-22-2016, 06:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-tech body/frame, 427engined FF5/302engined FF5 Bennett 289 & 427 rolling chassis
Not Ranked     
Default Bennett round tube chassis gentlemen

Morning, those of you that have Bennett's round tube chassis.

In photo, the two 1"+/- round tubes running from front to back downward to 1" +/- square tube verticals (one to two inches tall +/-)....the square vertical tubes are different heights? Confusing to me. Paul must have done it for reason; are your chassis the same....are the two 1" square verticals different heights? Drivers side is shorter.
Do you know why he did it? Could not find any photo already posted that showed them.
Thanks, Wayne
Attached Images

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:19 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1980 Arntz 427W, Webers, TKO600, Jag IRS
Not Ranked     

Wayne,
I don't have a Bennett Cobra. On the drivers side of the motor does the oil filter or fuel pump hang at that location. i am surprised that the upright square tubes are left open. Debris catchers. i have been enjoying your postings on your Bennett Cobras. Paul made a
Corvette suspension front clip for my car in 2001.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: csx4163 full comp alu. body
Not Ranked     

Mine (the square brackets) are towards the rear more and are different side to side, I have original ford F.E. engine and that is the motor mount brackets. On mine he made the passenger side removable so the engine could be removed and replaced with all the hoses and dry sump pump in place. The engine is offset to passenger side also FWTW. Did you get the model of the frame he made to do all testing on with all the rest off stuff? They are not left open, they are not finished, what motor they are for would be the question. I wish I was smart enough to post pictures, the oil filter on mine is just behind the upper cross tube, each car was different in small ways.

Last edited by razerwire; 02-22-2016 at 08:34 AM..
Old 02-22-2016, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-tech body/frame, 427engined FF5/302engined FF5 Bennett 289 & 427 rolling chassis
Neutral     

Tom, I don't know yet, this chassis came partially assembled with 427 body and wheels on; we took it apart to see how it fit the jig. Agree, upright 1' sq tubes being open.....not like Paul at all, maybe he wasn't done with them yet.

Razorwire,
"Did you get the model of the frame he made to do all testing on with all the rest off stuff? "
Nope, just two chassis with bodies on, still going through his drawings/notes to try and understand what I've ended up with.

Here are a couple of photos of the chassis he had the 289 body glassed onto, you are correct, each one is a little different.
Attached Images

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: