Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Arntz/Butler Forum

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 05-15-2007, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Holliday Motorsport/396 GM / 4 speed / Jag rearend
Not Ranked     
Cool DHX001 Who builds this one?

I bought a Cobra replica from someone that did't know it's history. I run a thread and the general thought was that I had a Butler. I got Ron Butlers phone number and tried to get some info, but he said it was not his.( very nice guy by the way) I did find a gold tag in the engine compartment on the firewall: Daryl Holidays Cobra Ent., 427 COBRA, Chassie No.DHX001 Is this the first Cobra built by this company? Are they still in business? Is it some type of hybrid of other kits? Thanks for any help you can give me. It needs alittle TLC. The pictures are in my gallery.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

The fact that it apparently has an MGB suspension and a BB Chevy would make me lean toward Arntz, who I believe was predecessor to Butler. There was also a DAX Cobra, either Canadian or U.K. based. With the serial # that might also be a place to look. Others here no the nuances and lineage far better than I, but that should give you some other leads.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It's definitely an Arntz. The roll bar and pedal box are a dead give-away.

Jason
Old 05-15-2007, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Holliday Motorsport/396 GM / 4 speed / Jag rearend
Not Ranked     

After reading a post about Daryl Holiday Motorsports (not good by the way) I think I need to call them. It looks like I have the first one they built, going by the serial #. DHX001 I'm sure that mine is not perfect as the first one's never are. Thanks for the input and keep the ideas comming.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch building frame,FFR Mkll body ,302w, and T5 trans, 3.0 rear.
Not Ranked     

I was going thru some of my old hot rod magazines and found a June 1980 HOT ROD and they have an article on the Arntz Cobra kit, mentioned something about Deadend, Nebraska.Also mentioned Butler and Joe Huffaker,this may help you.
1963 Mercury Monterey 460+ .060 .//Cobra clone, Scratch build frame /302/ T-5 WC / 3.00-9in/FFR mkll body (Broken but repairable) /91 Lincoln Wire Wheels // : N.S.M.C Charter/Life Member// Die Hard Blue Oval Nut

The finish is better than the beginning. Ecc7:8

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: