SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Transmission Talk > Ask Mike Forte (Forte's Parts)

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 01-08-2011, 11:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Midshifter sale.

Hi,
I make midshifters for the TKO-500 & TKO-600 and have them on sale for just $200.00 from Jan 10-14 on new TKO orders. The regular midshifter price is $350.00. I also make a midshifter for the early TKO & early 3550 if you want to upgrade your old Tremec.
fortesparts.com
508 875 0016
In 1993 Mike made the first conversion of a Ford Tremec to GM 5-speed. It bolts to stock bellhousings w/out an adapter. The FE Tremec, the Mustang adjustable quadrant are originals from Mike.
One of 12 Tremec Elite Distributors worldwide for: T-5, T-56 Magnum & TKO-500 & TKO-600 ,Midshifter, Frt shifter, offset Vette shifter.
Est: 1981 selling performance parts to build your dream car...
Old 01-19-2011, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi Tech Cobra Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     

How bout T56's?
is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not to the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."' Patrick Henry.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi,
What T-56 do you have?
fortesparts.com
508 875 0016
In 1993 Mike made the first conversion of a Ford Tremec to GM 5-speed. It bolts to stock bellhousings w/out an adapter. The FE Tremec, the Mustang adjustable quadrant are originals from Mike.
One of 12 Tremec Elite Distributors worldwide for: T-5, T-56 Magnum & TKO-500 & TKO-600 ,Midshifter, Frt shifter, offset Vette shifter.
Est: 1981 selling performance parts to build your dream car...
Old 01-19-2011, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike Forte, Please email me @ Michael4yah@msn.com Thanks Michael
is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not to the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."' Patrick Henry.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Mike, I was going to make a seperate post in the trans section but this'll prolly do as well. I have TKO600RR that I THINK I'd like to convert to mid-shift. I looked at Tremec's tech page and, other than them using nomenclature references that are never shown, it doesn't look to hard. My question is; does it help shifting feel? I'm running an FE and the shifter is way to far back for me. It also is kind of vague in it's feel. I know moving the shifter forward would help me but would it help the trans as well?

Steve
Old 06-27-2011, 09:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'll have to get the T56 #s tomorrow from the shop. Its basically a Viper T56 that was made for an FE about 6 years ago. I think they only made 1-200 of them. Plenty strong enough. After sizing it up I think Im stuck with one of two choices. If I leave the shifter in the rear I will need a reverse shifter thats about 2" longer than normal and it probably still wont feel right. Or, I can use the front location with a straight handle ala Corvette and it should be about right.
Michael
Old 06-28-2011, 05:07 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     
Wink

LOL Actually I was addressing the question to Mike Forte about my TKO. With you also in the discission I guess I should've noted that better.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

lvhmr , I havnt looked at this thread since jan. and cant remember if Mike Forte sent me an email or not so I thought Id answer his question again hoping to get another answer. Senility and memory loss are inherited, we get them from our kids.
Michael

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: