Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Bathurst 1000!!!! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/100174-bathurst-1000-a.html)

OZCOBRA 10-08-2009 07:09 PM

Bathurst 1000!!!!

Well here we go peoples 19 Hours of Motorsport heaven :D....i'll have a flat arse from sittting down so long and probally be threatened with Divorce Hourly if i don't move from the TV!!!!:3DSMILE::3DSMILE:
GO the Blue Oval.... Bring on the Darkside!!!http://www.bathurst1000.com.au/
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/conten...e_at_bathurst/

dcdoug 10-08-2009 07:26 PM

I heard yesterday on the radio that the government put a limit on the drinking at the Bathurst 1000. Now you can only drink a slab/day/person. How can anyone have any fun when you are limited to 24 beers a day?**)

sambo 10-08-2009 07:35 PM

Qualifying is about to start and practice laps have been within half a second of Murphy's long standing record. Hate to say it but Ford will again dominate. Or should I say, Ford badged ICVs. :)

OZCOBRA 10-08-2009 07:38 PM

LMAO when i heard the news reporting on that !!! We had friends that use to drive down the Mountain and into to town load up the back of the ute with beer and ice daily!! Don't know how people can consume so much of the amber fluids!!
Gotta get back there maybe next year!!

boxhead 10-08-2009 09:19 PM

Sadly I believe it will once again go to the as stated "Blue oval ICV's"

But my fingers will be crossed that the mighty Lion roars once again.

Rog246 10-09-2009 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxhead (Post 991701)
Sadly I believe it will once again go to the as stated "Blue oval ICV's"

But my fingers will be crossed that the mighty Lion roars once again.

Well you know Boxhead, it really takes a dedicated person to be a FORD fan. We seem to spend years in the wilderness with little or no factory support, :CRY:then we come good again, so we know how to cherish the moment:LOL:

Rog246

Baz 10-09-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcdoug (Post 991661)
I heard yesterday on the radio that the government put a limit on the drinking at the Bathurst 1000. Now you can only drink a slab/day/person. How can anyone have any fun when you are limited to 24 beers a day?**)

That's 24 cans of Aussie beer per day too dcdoug. That equates to about 72cans of Bud per day.

Baz

Rick Parker 10-10-2009 12:04 AM

Who's going to follow you around and count?

dcdoug 10-10-2009 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baz (Post 992098)
That's 24 cans of Aussie beer per day too dcdoug. That equates to about 72cans of Bud per day.

Baz

OK, then that's much more reasonable...I was just concerned when I heard the report that you guys might not be able to have fun anymore....**) Glad that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Rob. Smith 10-10-2009 10:30 AM

I see holden got the fastest lap today. . . .after everyone else dried out the track for him !

Doug I 10-10-2009 11:20 AM

I wish one of the US channels would cover it. :mad:

Used to watch it way back when it was the James Hardie.

Rick Parker 10-10-2009 10:44 PM

It did used to be on Speed Channel a few years ago........fantastic.

OZCOBRA 10-10-2009 11:19 PM

Holden 1,2,3,4..............Ford 5th:CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY:

LoBelly 10-10-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OZCOBRA (Post 992316)
Holden 1,2,3,4..............Ford 5th:CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY:

Arrrgggghhh!!!

The searing pain behind my eyeballs as I contemplate a year of gloating by Boxhead :CRY:

LostBelly

boxhead 10-11-2009 01:05 AM

Hey there LostBelly, did you see how red the finish of todays race was? :)

Arghhhhhhh, the world is round again.

schipps 10-11-2009 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxhead (Post 992324)
Hey there LostBelly, did you see how red the finish of todays race was? :)

Arghhhhhhh, the world is round again.

Hey David,
I did see how RED the end of the race was. No I am not Lion, sorry spell checker cut in here, not Lyin'...:LOL:
Actually David, we should acknowledge here that Frosty ( In the FORD) did do a "Hot Lap" there for a while... :3DSMILE:

Mick

boxhead 10-11-2009 01:55 AM

Mick,
The truth is that sadly my local golf club decided to make the qualifying round for club championships this weekend, so I missed all except the last 40 or so laps.

My lovely wife did send me text message updates every 30 minutes though.

I am afraid my round went down hill when she messaged me that a Ford was on fire.

Rob. Smith 10-12-2009 10:31 PM

Ford drivers were instructed to let the Holden guys win so that next year there would still be a crowd to watch and spend...;)

Tenrocca 10-13-2009 12:07 AM

Top 10......Holden Holden Holden Holden Ford Holden Holden Holden Holden Holden.

Bottom 10......Ford Ford Holden Holden Ford Ford Ford Ford Ford Holden.

Not a pretty year for the ford boys.

speed220mph 10-13-2009 06:51 AM

Ford's loss on the mountain was due to their stupid team suits . . . RED on white! :LOL: TeamVodafone violated their contract with Ford by not wearing Ford blue suits. This sucked the energy right out of the team!

The Speed Channel is all NASCAR. If you don't dance to NASCAR'S tune, you get replaced by mud boggers, camper races and talking heads discussing everything from Junior's bad luck to divers' toilet habits. :JEKYLHYDE