Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 09:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     
Default Console almost finished.

Thought I had better do an update on my progress. I hope to be going for the Engineering Test on 3rd December, which is only a few weeks away. Hopefully, the majority of the little jobs will be complete and also a few of the larger ones.

The console is almost finished. The dash is out at the moment as the new VDO white backlit quartz clock was loosing 15 minutes every half an hour and had to be sent back for repair. It should be back this Thursday then the dash can go back in. Here are a few pics of the console.

There are more photos in my Gallery if anyone is interested.

Baz
Old 11-16-2009, 10:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: King Cobra, QLD - 347 windsor
Not Ranked     

Really nice finish - and no I have to rethink my centre console completey

How did you build up the rounded edges?

Hogster
Old 11-16-2009, 10:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogster View Post
Really nice finish - and no I have to rethink my centre console completey

How did you build up the rounded edges?

Hogster
Thanks Hogster,

I have to thank my new trimmer, Mick Talbot for that. He has spent countless hours on it, filling, filing, sanding etc., until he had it perfect.

He would have it to a certain stage which I was really happy with one day, then he would come up with a new idea overnight and modify the console next day to incorporate his new ideas. This occurred on many occasions. I'm really pleased with the way it's come together and should really look the part when the dash goes back in.

Baz
Old 11-16-2009, 11:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Quote:
He would have it to a certain stage which I was really happy with one day, then he would come up with a new idea overnight and modify the console next day to incorporate his new ideas. This occurred on many occasions. I'm really pleased with the way it's come together and should really look the part when the dash goes back in.
Sounds expensive!

Looks nice, i like what he has done with the speaker mounting. You must be very pleased with how it has turned out.

What is the plaque?

Liam
Old 11-17-2009, 12:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
Sounds expensive!

Looks nice, i like what he has done with the speaker mounting. You must be very pleased with how it has turned out.

What is the plaque?

Liam
Hi again Liam,

I have definately over capitalised on this car, but the cost will be justified in the finished product. I wouldn't be happy with anything less. If you want a quality job, unfortunately, you have to pay for it.

The plaque on the console is an acknowledgement to Neil Streeting who has virtually built this car from scratch for me. Just something I thought I should do to promote his thoroughness and professionalism.

Baz

There are also a couple of larger speakers in the headrests of the seats as well as the two in the console. Incidentally, all those holes in the leather were hand punched.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Very nice indeed Baz. Obviously a good trimmer. Now for the hood and tonneau to protect all that lovely leather!

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Just a little bit closer.

Would you believe this crap. I'm supposes to be going for Enginieering on 3.12.09. I have just been informed that it won't be going ahead that day as the RTA doesn't know whether the brake test has to be conducted at 160kph or 100kph. Would you believe it. Here are some more photos of my console.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Dont you love incompetence!

Are they trying to tell you that another week after is not enough to find out a such a simple thing?

On a happier note, the console looks fantastic. Like a factory creation!
Old 11-25-2009, 03:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Man what is your engineer doing ? He should be telling the RTA (spellcheck says RAT) that the vehicle is X weight and X horsepower and 100 kph should be sufficient. The RTA doesn't like ICV's and would prefer to be informed as to what should meet the specifications. In my case they wouldn't accept that a set of brakes from a two ton car wouldn't stop a 1/2 ton vehicle. My engineer wrote a ten page report on the brake specs and performance and the RTA agreed. The design rules are interpretable...give it a go....good luck and best wishes.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob. Smith View Post
Man what is your engineer doing ? He should be telling the RTA (spellcheck says RAT) that the vehicle is X weight and X horsepower and 100 kph should be sufficient. The RTA doesn't like ICV's and would prefer to be informed as to what should meet the specifications. In my case they wouldn't accept that a set of brakes from a two ton car wouldn't stop a 1/2 ton vehicle. My engineer wrote a ten page report on the brake specs and performance and the RTA agreed. The design rules are interpretable...give it a go....good luck and best wishes.
Rob,

We are going to hve a little chat on Monday morning.

Baz
Old 11-26-2009, 12:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3508 6Litre LS2
Not Ranked     

Oh, to be a fly on the wall.

Interior looks great Baz, a sweet looking car all round, or as my son would say,
Sweeeeet.

Rob, sounds like your engineer is the one I'm looking for.
Dennis
Old 11-26-2009, 01:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob. Smith View Post
Rob,

Send me a PM please with your Engineers name and contact details please?

Baz
Old 11-26-2009, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Baz,

What engineer are you using?

If it is Peter Gilliard I am sure he will be sorting things out for you. I was impressed with his efforts to get my car through.

Ben
Old 11-26-2009, 09:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Ben,

Kevin Humphries at this stage, but if he's going to stuff me around, I'll be looking elsewhere.

Baz
Old 12-02-2009, 01:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Given that 160Km per hour is Illegal in this country on our roads they should not be able to require that speed for the test.

Dimi
Old 12-03-2009, 12:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
Given that 160Km per hour is Illegal in this country on our roads they should not be able to require that speed for the test.

Dimi
Dimi,

Spoke to my Engineer today and he's pretty sure that they have dropped it from 160 to 100kph. He's just waiting on written confirmation from the RTA before he does mine.

If any New South Welshman out there knows the answer, please post.

Baz