Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 10:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, LS1, T56.
Not Ranked     
Default QLD Cobra Club Meeting

Not sure if i posted this already?

Anyway, I am in a position to attend the next QLD Club meet on the Gold Coast, assuming the date fits. Could someone please post the details for me or send me an email/PM with contact details, location etc.

Thanks,

Stuart
Old 02-08-2010, 10:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #95, 302 HO
Not Ranked     

Stuart,

Qld club meetings are the last Sunday of the month at the Glen Hotel, Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains. Not on the Gold Coast anymore. Start around 0800.

Bob
Old 02-08-2010, 10:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, LS1, T56.
Not Ranked     

Thanks Bob. Is there a contact number for the organiser/s?
Old 02-08-2010, 11:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #95, 302 HO
Not Ranked     

Stuart,

The club website has a list of contacts

http://www.cobracarclubqld.org.au/ContactUs

Bob
Old 02-09-2010, 03:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

All sorted...spoke to Stuart tonight....

Breakfast meetings are the last Sunday Morning of each month...

8-00 a.m.,
Glen Hotel,
Eight Mile Plains.

Cheers,
Warren
Old 02-09-2010, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi,

I'm new to both the forum and to Cobra ownership (finally) however I have been a long time admirer of both Cobras and GT40s. I was wondering if anyone can turn up to the QLD club meets on that morning to sign up for the club or is it more of a social get together ? The site mentions you can sign up on the first Sunday of each month at Sanctuary Cove but nothing about the Eight Mile Plains meeting.

Cheers

-Andy
Old 02-09-2010, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyl View Post
Hi,

I'm new to both the forum and to Cobra ownership (finally) however I have been a long time admirer of both Cobras and GT40s. I was wondering if anyone can turn up to the QLD club meets on that morning to sign up for the club or is it more of a social get together ? The site mentions you can sign up on the first Sunday of each month at Sanctuary Cove but nothing about the Eight Mile Plains meeting.

Cheers

-Andy
Sorry about that...

Our "Web Guy" has been too busy to get to the website to update it....
I keep getting a promise that he'll get to it....
Maybe he'll see this and instantly fix the problem !!...Huh? Huh ?....
I'll check it again tomorrow?

In any case...

The meetings are now on the LAST Sunday of each month , 8-00 a.m. ,at The Glen Hotel, Eight Mile Plains.

http://www.glenhotel.com.au/

And...Yes we would love to see anyone and everyone come along and have a breakfast meeting with us.

Not restricted to club members, and all friends welcome.

See ya there.

Cheers,

Warren Boylan,
Club Pres.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Welcome to you Andy.
Any chance of some pictures of your car, I see you have a "TRAC" I have not seen or heard of these ones, so some pics would be great.
I am trying to sort out a body and chassis I have found localy.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post
Welcome to you Andy.
Any chance of some pictures of your car, I see you have a "TRAC" I have not seen or heard of these ones, so some pics would be great.
I am trying to sort out a body and chassis I have found localy.
Hi Boxhead,

Found the following info on TRAC....pretty cool stuff.

http://www.ss100.com/suffolk-ss100/p...ticles/kit-car

Looks like he is well known for producing the the Jag SS100 replica.

We happen to also have one of these in the club.

Many of you would know our Queensland legend Denis Stone....

He has had some lovely cars , including a FF Daytona getting built at the moment.

Here's a pic of Denis and his Jag SS100.

This thread is starting to wander a bit isn't it?...ah well.

Cheers,
Warren.

Last edited by Wazza; 02-09-2010 at 07:35 PM..
Old 02-10-2010, 02:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

You have 'em all keen now Andy. See you at the breakfast ...

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi people and thanks for the replies.

I got a little lost there forgetting to subscribe to the thread (typical newbie) and only just found my way back

Hi Wazza, thanks for the info on the meet and yes thats the same TRAC, it comes from Colchester UK. It was advertised as a DAX imported from the UK 3 owners earlier but I was a bit sus on the last owner's explanation of how he determined it was a DAX so didn't take that into account when buying and after cleaning up some of the parts and finding "TRAC ENG" stamped here and there plus the chassis number TRACJXXXX im pretty sure its not a DAX but a TRAC. I think the ACs they made pre-dated the Jag replicas which I understand he began doing in '91.

Hi Boxhead, I will get some photos going soon, right now its in the depths of the garage getting re-assembled as I bought it stripped for repainting but I dont mind the white with blue stripes that it was (despite the club site saying its the least popular colour) and the condition is not bad so I'm just putting it back together as it is for now. I'm about a day away from firing up the engine but the fuel pump is damaged and leaking everywhere so I am waiting for a new one to arrive any day to avoid blowing myself up.

General description is stock 302W with 2BBL holley & std exhausts, bit boring but not for long , top loader, jag diff & front suspension, 10" Dragways rear, 8" Dragways front. All in pretty good order.

All that's left to get it back on the road is reinstall interior, doors, bonnet and a bit of electrical work. Not sure yet but my roadworthy guy asked to see the seats and may knock them back if they dont 'have a tag' so I might have to get a new pair of those also.

Was hoping to get it to the meeting on the 28th but 12 days isn't long given my free time but I'm trying. I will be coming either way to join up.

-Andy
Old 02-16-2010, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Sounds good Andy, I think from what I am reading that it has been registered in Oz before?
If so and you have some old rego papers then I think you will just need a roadworthy and take it over the pits so they can confirm engine and chassis numbers.

Get some pictures up when you can, we may be able to see if your seats are likely to pass or not.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Boxhead,

Yes it was QLD registered before, and I have the previous rego papers (2005 & 2006) and I called the transport dept before I bought it and asked what else I needed and they said just a safety cert. The only issue is I now realise (ie since I spoke to QLD Trans) that the motor serial number does not seem to match the one on the rego. I found the number on the block just in front of the bellhousing, if this is it it doesn't match. The chassis number matches the papers.

I'm a bit worried this will mean some other checks like pollution compliance of this engine or something might end up being required too. It was registered as an 88 model which I think at least predates some of the really tough pollution laws.

-Andy
Old 02-16-2010, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Some photos of the car & seats ... hope this works and they are visible crunched down to 40K :s
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2010, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra

Hey Andyl.... that's a great project.. Was EBAY your friend?? I'm pretty sure I saw this car (or one very similar) on EBAY earlier this year...?

Was a steal when I saw its listed price?

SpookyPT
Old 02-16-2010, 05:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No, I found it on carsales.com.au actually. The guy said I contacted him 10 mins after the ad went up I reckon I got it for the right price. Everything is there it just needed time to get it all back together so far. Mind you I've not started it yet! -Andy
Old 02-16-2010, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cool! Well done, he'd a been stoked as youa re I'm sure. Enjoy the fun! Keep us updated on sticking teh jogsaw back together. See you at a breaky!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well the fuel pump arrived (ebay cheapie) and then fell in half as I was installing it :s I should not have bothered as it was way smaller than the usual Windsor pump once it arrived so I had decided to get a better one anyway but was just keen to hear it start. *lesson learned*. Oh well, More delays.

I have a brand new Bosch 044 electric fuel pump here too but im worried it will run too much pressure for the carby (as it is for an EFI setup ~70psi). Has anyone run one of these with a Holley ?

-Andy
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2010, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Where on the Goldy are you Andy?
Old 02-16-2010, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked