Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 03:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Well, I am now back in Melbourne.
Had a great weekend checking out plenty of great cars through the weekend.
Here is a link to all 399 pictures I took.
Enjoy.
http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/j...20COTM%202010/

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still dreaming!
Not Ranked     

G'day David.

Great pics mate, thanks for sharing.

Looks like you're having an awesome trip!

I absolutely love the R/T Charger, the black one with horizontal orange stripes.

I'm surprised that a guy I know that's a mad Mopar man wasn't down there with some of his cars.

Here's a link to a few of his toys that I'm sure you'll dig.

http://www.moparmarket.com/readersri...=Mopar-Warrior

Here's hoping the rest of your trip is a hoot!

Cheers.

Steve.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Not Ranked     

He may have been there Stephen, I think they had over 650 Mopars on show.

Cruising in 5th

Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Time for another update.
Monday and Tuesday nights Aussie Mike the mad machinist and I had a couple of late nights at his place.
Before coming down this way for my litte trip I booked in a job with Mike to make and fit the CR bump steer kit that he has made.
Well let me tell you, if you have a CR with the AU Falcon rear set up, you really need to talk to Mike about buying one of these kits.
To say the difference is astounding, would be a gross understatment.
I knew my car was "twitchy" in the back due to bump steer, but until the problem was fixed, I did not realise just how bad it was.
Now when driving on suburban streets, instead of holding the steering wheel so tight that after 30 minutes or so my fingers and forearms are sore (holding tight to stop the car squiming and being ready to quickly correct any movement) and really watching hard (20 metres past the nose) for bumps in the road and pot holes, manhole covers, tram and train tracks etc
I can now hold the wheel comfortably and watch the road ahead comfortably as I KNOW the car is going to stay straight and true.

So a big thank you goes out to Aussie Mike and his skill and knowledge in improving our toys.

Also thanks to Lily and Laureen for letting me steal him for a couple of nights.

Cruising in 5th

Old 03-17-2010, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival Kobra,LS7 427
Not Ranked     

Hi Boxhead
Do you have any pics of this bump steer kit? My CR is very skitish at 130kph on the highway I thought it was the dampers a little firm. Under hard accelleration though it doesnt do it as bad.
Iam also looking at power steering!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Thanks David, It was fun working together to get it all installed. Glad it's working well for you. It's good to get some feedback. Everyone so far has said that it's a very noticeable improvement.

Alfie, Which generation of chassis do you have? This kit is for the square tube chassis not Ian's current round tube design.

I made a batch of kits a while back. There's about 7 or 8 CRs running this kit now and I'm working on filling a couple of back orders. It's a bit slow progress at the moment as work has been nuts and I'm in the process of moving house and building a new workshop. You can contact me offline for details.

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 03-18-2010 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: Don't want to HiJack Dave's thread.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well a great weekend has just been completed.
Thanks to Tony and Jason for a great weekend.

And thanks to all the sponsors, big and small.

Had a great time and a great laugh, met plenty of guys who only know me through this forum and this thread, thanks for saying Hi.

Time to start planning next year, hoping that the Darwin boys are keen for a trip to Nationals 2010, so I can drive the Cobra over.

Jason and Tony, I will give you guys a thumbs up for the 1/4 mile with corners, I say do it again and most people I chatted to liked it aswell.

Will be having dinner with a few other people tonight before an early bed time, then load it all up for the drive to Mildura.

Cruising in 5th

Old 03-26-2010, 03:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Time for another update, well I have made it home, so thanks goes to Uncle George for looking after me and his Goon (His favorite car) I am sure he was smiling down and helping us along on the journey.
Drove to Mildura on Monday, stopped at Echuca and had some lunch, Ronda bought some wine, made it to Mildura good as gold, Had an offer to stay at Gav & Josie's house, Had to decline the first night as we had no PJ's, a quick shopping spree on Tuesday morning fixed that (did not want to scare Gav and Josie's boys) then stayed at there lovely house on Tuesday night, had a great dinner (sorry I am so fussy Josie) and plenty of chatting and laughing.
Wednesday morning we where off to Port Augusta via the Clare valley.
Stopped at Spalding for an ice cream.

Then on to Port Augusta, found a decent motel (bonus was king sized bed) after finding most booked out.

Next morning was onward to Coober Pedy, we stayed at the underground motel, have done so before and if you havent done it before it is a quirky thing to do.
Some rooms walls still have opal in it.

This morning we left early (wanted to have breaky at Cadney Park - Good truckie meals)

And some of the vehicles we shared the road with.

Dont you get too excited there Karen and Phil, passed about a dozen of the bloody things - and I though the Goon was slow.

And finally - home at last.
All is now unpacked and put away.

Have to mow the grass tomorrow.

Cruising in 5th

Old 03-26-2010, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

glad to hear you made it home safe Dave, that was a heck of a drive.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB. Engine out :)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Legend

Dave you have to win the legend prize
The trip alone
Well done mate