Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 02:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still dreaming!
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra sighting "FATCOB" in Eastwood, NSW.

G'day all, today is was lucky enough to catch sight of a stunning blue and white striped Cobra with the number plate "FATCOB" whilst driving through Eastwood this afternoon.

After managing to talk to the gent that was driving, it turned out that it was owned by his brother and wasn't able to tell me the manufacturer of the car.

It was a pretty darned good replica that I hadn't seen around the traps before, it also had chromed side pipes and roll cage. In fact, the roll cage looked pretty accurate with the angled rear cross member.

It had 15" rims and big ass rear tyres, at least 295s. I think the rims were the same type as the ones that are on Bernie's previous Cobra.

My guess was that is a G-Force.

Is anybody familiar with this car? Is it owned by a forum member?

Cheers.

Steve.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     
Default Blue cobra

I haven't seen that one. There was a good blue G force for sale for a while last year at Avalon, maybe its had a makeover? It was on gas but can't remember too many details. I saw a bright metalic green one with a wide silver single stripe in Terrigal a couple of weeks ago but he was passing in the opposite direction so didn't get a close look. It had an unusual stainless or chrome wire grill though. Actually from reports from my staff that actually get weekends off there seems to be about three that cruise Terrigal but I haven't sighted them

cheers
Old 03-23-2010, 04:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

G'day Legless.

Well it seems that there is some number of Cobra owners that don't cruise the site and perhaps keep to themselves.

Hopefully the owner of "FATCOB" pops their head in and says g'day.

I'm actually wondering whether it was a Python? If it was, it certainly had the fuel filler cap in the right rear fender and hidden boot hinges which is something I believe George doesn't offer. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The wheels are pretty much the same bolt on Halibrand style wheel that he advertises in Unique cars as well.

Either way, it was a great looking local Cobra.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     
Default Up for sale

Hey Stephen

FATCOB is up for sale on car sales, dont know how this link will go but here goes.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...2%204294951168
Old 05-10-2010, 06:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well spotted mate! Thanks for the link.

I must say, I couldn't tell that it was a long wheelbase Cobra until I'd read the add.

Anyone out there still have any idea which replica it may be? Being a long wheelbase version I'd assume narrows down the field somewhat.

Apart from Harrison, who else makes them locally down under?

Cheers.

Steve.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHEN BROHOLM View Post
Being a long wheelbase version I'd assume narrows down the field somewhat.

Apart from Harrison, who else makes them locally down under?

Cheers.

Steve.
LONG-WHEELBASE....RCM ,HOMEBUSH,HARRISON..and I believe GFORCE did at some stage correct me on them if i'm wrong!!!..and i'm sure the others could and would if requested!.

OZ