Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 03:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Boxhead,

I will check mine on the weekend. I think mine sits a little higher than yours. Even though mine is a CR too, the chassis is the new one so I'll also measure the height from the ground to the main rails - I think I recall is was 120mm.

I have had a few people comment that they reckon mine "sits well" on the 17 inch wheels. I use to have it a little lower but it used to bottom out on the driveway all of the time.

Rgds

Gregg
Old 05-04-2010, 04:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

I am actually pretty happy with how mine sits now (on a visual front).

It may infact be a little too low as it now feels more "twitchy" than it used too.
But I have no circuit racing planned for the near future, I may well wind it up 1/2 inch or so and get another wheel alignment with more neg camber screwed into it.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob. Smith View Post
Hey Baz,
GOOD LUCK with the inspection. The tension builds and the relief is wonderful when it's all over. I even felt ok when they say 'you need to do this' because that's all you need to do to make them happy...they won't look any further.. I'll be thinking about you on Friday.
Thanks Rob, but more bad news. I must have killed one of Kevin Rudd's mates from up north because the bad luck just keeps flowing. I had a phone call from one of the RTA examiners today to tell me that his offsider was trampled by horses on his property either late yesterday or early this morning and is in hospital in a pretty bad way. Apparently the guy who rang me and his mate who is injured are the only ones in the entire NSW RTA who do mechanical inspections on ICV's and my Friday appointment is now cancelled until further notice. Where's that bottle of red? #*^%$#@!*&^%(). Ahh. That feels better. Hic.

Regards

Bazzzzzz.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Thats BS! How can they set a requirement and then not have the resources to implement it.

Is there someone you can make a formal complaint to? What if the guy dies? Then we just cant get our cars registered!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
Thats BS! How can they set a requirement and then not have the resources to implement it.

Is there someone you can make a formal complaint to? What if the guy dies? Then we just cant get our cars registered!
Liam,

I've grown to expect these things when building a Kit Car. Sh*t happens,

Baz
Old 05-05-2010, 02:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Baz,
Nothing is worse than having a beauitful car in your shed and you cannot jump in and go for a run.

When it happens it will be even sweeter.

Phil
Old 05-05-2010, 09:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Tell you what Baz, when these trials of your are over - and they will be - we will all come down and take your car our to the track and do laps in it for you, to make up for the lost time. What else are friends for? Nils carborundum (http://www.boardofwisdom.com/mailquote.asp?msgid=14111 )

very best

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon View Post
Tell you what Baz, when these trials of your are over - and they will be - we will all come down and take your car our to the track and do laps in it for you, to make up for the lost time. What else are friends for? Nils carborundum (http://www.boardofwisdom.com/mailquote.asp?msgid=14111 )

very best
I fully concur with your Latin quote Merv and they definately won't be achieving their objective. As for the rest of your thread, "Tell them their dreamin."
Old 05-06-2010, 03:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UK Ram SC. KC-Yates 373, Jerico 5 speed.
Not Ranked     
Default Ride height with 17 inch wheels

Boxhead,

Your car looks good! A question on your exhaust is the outlet 3" and what diameter is the muffler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post
I had the wheel alignment done today, took it for a good drive and feels great.

I ended up setting the rear at 1 1/4 neg camber, 1mm toe out.
Front at 1 neg camber, 5 1/2 deg Caster and 1 mm toe in.
I wanted to get closer to 1 deg rear but with the car so low (now the rear lower arm is effectively longer) this was the most positive I could get out of the rear Camber setting.
So Aussie, when I eventually hit you up for tubular rear arms (will also get the FFR front uppers) I might need to get either the lower arm shorter or the upper arm longer.

The 1960's rocked!