Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 12:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DAX 351 windsor
Not Ranked     

Thanks for that Soul, by the time i buy adaptors it really would start to add up. Sorry but i think i'll give the wheels a miss, i dont really need them,but they would have been nice to have. I'd be taking a bit of a gamble on the fit. If you do decide to let the tyres go i'll take them off your hands if i havn't already got them from the states. Good luck with the sale and thanks again,
Rob..
Old 06-09-2010, 01:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Soul, for photos posting follow Boxhead's excellent guide in the thread (#2) on the first page. The other main thing is to make sure you save the photos (down) to a suitable size (number of pixels) first. There is a limit of 90KB as I recall. You could also make the photos smaller in dimensions as well as that could assist.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 registered Brushed Kirkham polished stripes, 427 FE kieth craft 482 efi.ss chassis and all the go gear .
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon View Post
Soul, for photos posting follow Boxhead's excellent guide in the thread (#2) on the first page. The other main thing is to make sure you save the photos (down) to a suitable size (number of pixels) first. There is a limit of 90KB as I recall. You could also make the photos smaller in dimensions as well as that could assist.
Thanks for the help.

My I.T expert [my 14 year old daughter] tells me it wont work on my Mac because im running windows on it ! go figure.

So ill have to try on the pc.

Soul.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Not Ranked     

Mac works just fine Soul. I have used them for 25 years. The new ones will emulate Windows (slowly) so just get out of that and it will work. 14 year olds are valuable at times!

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     

Hi Soul
From my limited experience, the biggest obstacle I've found to posting pictures is the file size. If the file is too big there really isn't much feedback to tell you why its not uploading. There is a number of excellent threads on uploading pictures, just do a search. I'm not sure about Macs but there is an excellent little tool for resizing pictures from Microsoft with just a couple of clicks of the mouse, info on this can also be found with a search on this forum.
cheers
Old 06-09-2010, 04:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk1, LS1, T56, Jag S3 suspension
Not Ranked     

Mine fails to upload via firefox, so I use Chrome or if forced Internet Exploder.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcraigau View Post
Mine fails to upload via firefox, so I use Chrome or if forced Internet Exploder.
My firefox handles it great.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Sol

You didn't say whose brand the rims are.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulman View Post
Definetly Aluminium.

They have "Halibrand" in tiny letters stamped in the spinners and wheels.

Still trying on the photos.

I own and run an international company and cannot figure out how to post photos...how dumb do i feel.

Soul.
Yes he did!!

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-09-2010, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulman View Post
I own and run an international company and cannot figure out how to post photos...how dumb do i feel.
I do not own nor run an international company, no doubt you have more money than me, and yet I know how to post pics, how dumb do I feel.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

To make pics small enough to post in threads, I email the pic to myself, where it gives the option to "make smaller" I click yes.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here's Ron's post, explaining the process.

There should be no need to post to photobucket etc because essentially clubcobra is providing the space to store the picture file. The Image resizer power toy makes resizing pictures extremely easy with xp. I don't use a Mac so not sure about it, but given their graphics industry history of the Mac I'm sure there would be an easy way of formatting the picture to an acceptable size.

Tips on Picture Uploads and Image Sizes

Many newcomers, and some old-timers, have a common problem here on Club Cobra...that is, taking the pictures from a digital camera and either including them in a post (attached image) or placing them in their Gallery (uploaded image).

Today's multi-megapixel digital cameras often default to a very hi-res image, and taking that image file and attempting to directly use it in a post results in errors about a "file too large".

First, here are the guidelines.

For attaching images directly to a post, we have set some tight filesize constraints. This is because we want our users to have a speedy load time when browsing threads.
If we allowed massive images to be made part of posts, you would have an interesting wait as you changed pages.

As such...we limit the file size of attached images to 39K. Ideal picture size for attachments is 640 x 480.

The Gallery allows for larger, more hi-res images to be uploaded. The ideal picture size for Gallery uploads is 800 x 600, or 1024 x 768 if you have a really detailed picture.
Although the Gallery is more tolerent for file sizes, 80k - 140k is a good upper limit to try and achieve. You can go much larger, but that will quickly consume your Gallery space quota, and often is unnecessary, as the higher resolution may be of no advantage to a displayed picture.
You can go upwards to 1 megabyte in file size if necessary.

Many users have difficulty converting the large, raw image files that come directly from a camera or scanner.
Usually, all cameras and scanners come with some image-editing software. What you want to do, in order to process that raw image, is to:

* convert to a JPEG (if the raw file is a BMP)
* resize the image to 640x480 or 800x600 where appropriate.

Unfortunately, many of these programs get complicated and are difficult to master.

As an alternative, here is a little tool that Microsoft has available for Windows XP that will let you instantly resize a picture in a very simple fashion.

Microsoft has a drawer full of little utilities that never made it into the formal releases of Windows.
They call this collection Power Toys and they are available for personal use, without guarantee from Microsoft.

One of them is an Image Resizer for Windows XP. It is a handy little tool for those folks who want to take pictures from their digital camera and send them via e-mail or post them on a website...but don't have a Photo Editing program...or can't figure theirs out.

Most images today from digital cameras are far too big for web use.

The Image Resizer, when installed, enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.

First, download the file from this URL, and save on your desktop.

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe

When you have downloaded the file, close all programs and locate the file, ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe, on your desktop.

Double-click to launch the installer and follow the instructions, taking the default choice on each page.

When the installation completes, you are done. You can delete the file you downloaded from your desktop.

This little program modifies the right-click context menu such that, when you point to any standard image file, you will now see a choice in the menu called "Resize Pictures."

Try it...

Find an image file on your computer (.jpg or .bmp), point to the icon of the file and right-click.
Choose Resize picture, and you will see the following:

Choose a new picture size and click OK. The program will create ANOTHER image file in the same location with the same name, but with the 'size' term added to its file name. (e.g., "small", "medium", etc.)

For posting on the forum... the Small size is appropriate for Attachments, while the Medium or Large is correct for Gallery uploads.

You can customize the tool with the Advanced Button. When the Resize Picture window is displayed, hit Advanced and you will see:

This lets you pick a custom size.

It also lets you configure the program to MODIFY the original image, and not create a duplicate with the new size...NOT recommended unless you are sure you want to destroy the original image.

Have fun.... this should help new camera owners prep their pictures in a more standardized fashion.

Ron
ClubCobra Moderator

Last edited by Legless; 06-09-2010 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: broken link
Old 06-09-2010, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Deleted duplicate post due to crappy response time.

Last edited by Legless; 06-09-2010 at 10:29 PM..
Old 06-09-2010, 06:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 registered Brushed Kirkham polished stripes, 427 FE kieth craft 482 efi.ss chassis and all the go gear .
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZCOBRA View Post
Then you should know......DELEGATE...DELEGATE TO YOUR PA!!!!!..
And disclose my pretence of looking busy whilst on this site ............

next thing you now ill have to give her my XHAMSTER login details !

Soul.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     
Default picture resizing

cant download that file, tried 2 different servers and says it is unavailable.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Try this link

Oops sorry, they must have moved the file, try this one.

Broken link in above post now fixed.

Last edited by Legless; 06-09-2010 at 11:52 PM..
Old 06-11-2010, 12:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legless View Post
Oops sorry, they must have moved the file, try this one.

Broken link in above post now fixed.
thats a great tool, just installed it, so easy to resize [2 clicks] any photo to what size you want to post in threads, thanks legless.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It is an exe. file may no run on Mac (which Souls has).

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.