Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Want a Cobra for Summer (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/105254-want-cobra-summer.html)

albanycobra 06-24-2010 06:59 PM

Want a Cobra for Summer

Hey Guys
i want to do a bit of cruising this summer, so I am looking for a quick fix.
I want to buy a Cobra, I have about 40k to spend so if you're thinking about selling let me know. I am looking at this car at the moment

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...aspx?R=7908971

Does anyone know the car?

Cheers
Dave.

boxhead 06-24-2010 09:52 PM

Certainly looks to have all the basics to be a decent cruiser, some bits are not to my taste but all easily changed.

albanycobra 06-24-2010 11:15 PM

Alot of the car is bin job from the single roll bar to the dash and gauges the yellow seat inserts and so on. But nothing to wrong with the car it seems.

Craig White did a good job on his RMC and the plan would be to do something similar.

Any Queenslanders live near BELLBOWRIE? Would be good to get a opinion on the car before i fly over.

Zedn 06-24-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Certainly looks to have all the basics to be a decent cruiser, some bits are not to my taste but all easily changed.
Its your colour though.

boxhead 06-24-2010 11:43 PM

Looks like a faded yellow.

albanycobra 06-24-2010 11:56 PM

Yeah it would have to head to the spray shop in winter for Blue/white paint job aswell. So buy car for 40k spend 25k on it and it should be right. Oh and wheels need to go aswell.....I'm not picking on the car it's just MHO on what it should look like.

Inregards to the yellow I'll get some white strips on the car which should make it look better.

boxhead 06-25-2010 12:26 AM

And that is what I was trying to say to, not picking on the car as that is what the owner wanted.
But if it was mine I would change a few things, just as people would change things on mine.

Merv and Sharon 06-25-2010 12:53 AM

:)It says "pail yellow". Maybe that was the bucket that it came out of?

victor 06-25-2010 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1060718)
Alot of the car is bin job from the single roll bar to the dash and gauges the yellow seat inserts and so on. But nothing to wrong with the car it seems.

Craig White did a good job on his RMC and the plan would be to do something similar.

Any Queenslanders live near BELLBOWRIE? Would be good to get a opinion on the car before i fly over.

Dave, I live abot 20mins away,love the single bar:3DSMILE: so whats allright to me is proberly not allright to you ,i know **** but if you want to know how she runs i'd be more than willing to go give it a good flogging.:D

Rob. Smith 06-25-2010 03:19 AM

BUY IT ! It's cheap...I gave up counting when my spending reached 50.

albanycobra 06-25-2010 03:45 AM

Thanks Victor
I"ll send you PM, but that would be great if you could have a look and a drive. It would make me feel better about getting on a plane.

I asked for high res pics and got a it's to hard answer. I don't want an RAC check just a it seems to go and stop ok.

750hp 06-25-2010 04:09 AM

Looks like a pretty honest car from the pics. If you're seriously planning on spending $20K+ fixing it, I'd be looking at much newer cars for the $60K level...

I live two suburbs away from the car, so if Victor's not available, I'd be happy to go and have a look/drive and take some pics.

My first Cobra was a 1991 RMC (Anaconda), so it should feel pretty familiar...!

albanycobra 06-27-2010 05:46 PM

Hey Craig
If Victor cannot make it I'll get you to have a look if that's ok.

Another question.
Being 6ft 1 inches and 105kg will I fit in an RMC?

loandoctor 06-27-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob. Smith (Post 1060731)
BUY IT ! It's cheap...I gave up counting when my spending reached 50.

Hi Rob,
I recently tracked down a 2001 fully finished Factory Five Cobra- the engine is from a 1987 donor and has 95,000 miles on it. The transmission is from a 1992 donor (not sure about the miles). The clutch and brakes are new- My question is this.. I can pick it up for $15,000 as is. Do you think that $15,000 is a good deal even with the high miles? I can always replace the engine... right? Any insight and advice would be greatly appreciated!

LoBelly 06-27-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1061245)
Hey Craig
If Victor cannot make it I'll get you to have a look if that's ok.

Another question.
Being 6ft 1 inches and 105kg will I fit in an RMC?

I'm 6-1 and (was) 150kg :eek: and have the same model

managed to get around in it - I expect that by the time I hit 105kg it will feel as spacious as a falcon.

LB

albanycobra 06-27-2010 06:32 PM

LB are you saying I'm a slip in or an Ugly Sister who has no chance of fitting into the Golden slipper??

mcdonald 06-27-2010 08:51 PM

Hi Dave i have my cobra for sale the best of everythink it is 2pac britch racing green with gold strips ,full leather trim and boot ,alloy drop tank,hallabrand repo wheels 15x8 front 15x10 rear ,stainless side pipes,302 inj and c9 auto jag rear end and jag front end ,been on the road for 8 years and when i built it everythink was rebuilt and only done 7000 miles with special rego i will try to post a photo:LOL::LOL:
Ihave $50.00000 on it and cheaper for cash
Give me a call 94345128 or 0488321932

albanycobra 06-27-2010 11:35 PM

Where are you?......I'm not keen on Auto but will take a look.

You'll have cash rash by the time I've finished flicking hundreds at you.....

mcdonald 06-28-2010 02:53 AM

Hi again Dave i am in Melbourne and the auto is tricked up and you can change it manual and i have built 4 cobras for customers i am from McDonald Bros racing.and now retired.
Lindsay Mc Donald

albanycobra 06-28-2010 03:09 AM

Cheers for the offer, i saw 9434 number and thought it was a WA number.
I'll finish with the RMC first, I really want a manual.