Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 09-13-2010, 10:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     
Default NSW Builders (not registered)

Hi Guys,

I am having trouble finding an engineer to help me with my build. I have spoken to Kevin Humphries, Consulmotive, and Peter Gillard. All have told me they wont take on any more ICV's. Speaking to Peter today was very disheartening. He basically said it is near impossible to get an ICV registered now in NSW. He is not willing to take on anyone as he cant guarantee they will get through.

There are rumours that the RTA policies are going to change, but these are just rumours. I am currently at a point where i need to seriously consider whether or not i should complete the car and hope there is a change are just abandon the build.

If you are in NSW and dealing with an engineer, can you please pass on their details to me so i can call them and see if they will take on my build?

Please dont post a link to the RTA list, i know it exists, but its hard to know who on it actually does ICVs because a lot of them dont and never have.

Cheers
Old 09-13-2010, 10:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hi mate.

I would talk to Barry on site here.

He has started a Thread on his build and registration.

Additionally the Street Rod Federation has made inroads to get cars registered both on SR (Special Registration) and full registration. Perhaps you can search and see what they have achieved.

Another contact is Larry O'Toole the publisher of Street Rod magazine at Castlemaine in Victoria. Larry has worked for over 40 years on the Street Rod registration issue.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 09-13-2010 at 10:35 PM..
Old 09-13-2010, 10:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Bernie,

I am well familiar with Barry's build. I have spoken to him. His engineer is Kevin Humphries who i have also spoken to.

As far as i know, the street rod federation is for hot rods not ICVs. Is this not correct? Hot rods have their own code of practice and are not classed as ICVs.

Cheers
Old 09-13-2010, 11:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Try John Wilson, he should be on the rta list. In queanbean I think but travels. Heard good things. I'm just going to sit and wait, can't get any worse then the present situation. If no go eventually I'll move to qld.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Do not give up!

Things will change, hopefully sooner than later.

Ben
Old 09-14-2010, 04:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I hear change is in the air, but after conversations like today i get very depressed.

I am going to ring a few more engineers on the list and see if i get lucky. if nothing else i might hear some more rumours.

Tenrocca - clear some messages in your PM box
Old 09-14-2010, 06:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
Tenrocca - clear some messages in your PM box
No worries, culled out all the abusive PM's from DRB owners and it went from 100% to 13% full.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DAX 351 windsor
Not Ranked     

Zedn, You could try Ken at cobracraft in Peakhurst not sure if he still takes on cobras but last time i was in there he had a couple 95842917. Hope this helps,

Rob.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Nobby,

I cant see anyone on the approved signatory list with those details. Dont they just build cars?

I spoke to the RTA this morning and they said they are just asking for evidence that the ADR's have been met and that nothing about the rego process has changed. I told him that i cant find a signatory and can he gave me the name of one that is participating. He gave me Richard Gdrusiak's name. I rang him and he doesnt do them either. Richard sounded like a really nice guy, but is singing the same song as the other egineers i have spoken to. I have some others to call but its not looking good.

I am going to go and see Richard for a consultation to get his opinion on components i am using and modification, but he cant help me with the RTA process.

I am holding little hope that my car will get registered.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just made a few more phone calls and i now have an engineer!

Very exciting.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's a terrible thing to see someone get so far in to a build only to now have the feeling that it may all come to nought. In spite of the apparent bloody-mindedness of the RTA, I'm a strong believer that if the process in place is followed, you will prevail. Easier said than done, I know, but try to stay positive and believe that there's light at the end of the tunnel.

A thought.... Some of the best minds in the Club will be at the Nationals in a few weeks. Although their focus will necessarily be on the competition, it seems to me it would be a good time to try to approach some of the heavyweights and tap into their experiences. Some of the guys from SVMGA might be there too. I know Martin from Kenmer was there last year. I'd be ducking out to Goulburn and trying to get some advice.

And good luck!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Whoops...our posts crossed.

I'm very happy you've found an engineer! Well done. I'd still get out to the Nats and pick a few brains......
Old 09-16-2010, 11:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DAX 351 windsor
Not Ranked     

Zedn, glad to hear you found an engineer, who is it? I was under the impression that Ken at cobracraft was an engineer and would be able to help you out, i guess not going through the build process myself i'm not up on all the in's and out's, sorry if i gave you a bum steer. Hope your car is on the road soon, perfect cruising weather now
Old 09-17-2010, 12:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donunder View Post
Some of the guys from SVMGA might be there too. I know Martin from Kenmer was there last year.
Don, Martin is not coming this year. I don't know of anyone from the SVMGA that are coming to the Nationals.

Last edited by 400TT; 09-17-2010 at 01:12 AM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: