Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 09-14-2010, 10:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     
Default Whats it worth?

Not doing anything drastic but just wondering.

Most of you know my car (god knows I have put plenty of pics up over the years).

What would it be worth to sell in todays market?
Regoed and complied in Northern Territory Feb 2010
Classic Revival
Exemption approved with live side pipes.
Approved with "brightwork" facing driver (chrome gauge trims and alloy steering wheel)
Had aero screen fitted at time of compliance, I have this screen to supply and it is a 30 minute job to swap screens out.
LS1 rebuilt and traveled 3200klms since rebuild.
Stock internals
T56 manual, with Aussie Mike style selector conversion (did this myself with Mikes assistance and a few of his parts)
XR8 LSD rear diff, standard control arms, with Aussie Mike bump steer link fitted.
Standard XR8 rear brakes.
Series 2 jag front control arms and brakes.
Spax adjustable coil over shockies
Kings springs
OzWheels
Car is in primer only and body work is not completed (Tinted primer was added after quick repairs to seams)

Anyway, just thought I would ask and I wont be offended as it is a simple question.
Price if willing to take a while to sell?
Price if wanting to move on quickly?

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: kenmer
Not Ranked     

Boxhead,i would say any well built car not trimed or painted but having full rego must be worth around 50 k.Well built being the key,just my opion.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default $$$$$$$

Dave,

IMO the paint and trim are the most appealing to most people ( they do not know the hours involved in building ) so anything around $40 to 50K for yours would sell it.

Paint and trim add $15-20k aand then the cars worth $60-70k.

STIFFFY
Old 09-15-2010, 04:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Dave, I guess it depends a bit on the state regs where the buyer lives. Obviously a more attractive car for someone in NT but considering what the boys in NSW are going through at the moment...

50k in primer sounds reasonable to me. It would certainly recoup my basic build costs.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Why Dave - finished with Cobras?

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

With what you have to go through to get one of these over the line...

Any well built Registered Cobra , using quality components, in my book STARTS at $70,000 and goes up pretty rapidly with the better components.

Obviously the value will be less, if there has been a lot of short cuts/ bad choices during the build.

Box...I've only seen your car briefly, but it looked pretty well put together when I saw it, so it's in the first category in my opinion.

The time /work / stress taken to make them needs to be compensated.

I don't think we should "flick" many many many months of blood sweat and tears......

This makes up a big part of the value in a well made car....and whoever wants to avoid all of that stress , can do so, by giving reasonable compensation to the "birth father / mother" of the finished creation.

And the way things are going...this price should increase over the coming years....it doesn't seem to be getting any easier.

I have seen a number of cars finished in the last few years that should be worth in excess of $100,000.....

Some of these have been "one of a kind" hand built works of automotive art.....and finished to an extremely high level....

Some would make cars costing twice this amount look average......

That's just my opinion for what it's worth.

Cheers,
Warren

Last edited by Wazza; 09-15-2010 at 04:33 AM..
Old 09-15-2010, 05:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Not Ranked     

Thanks for all the honest opinions guys.
I agree that it would be worth more with shiney paint, but my shiney paint will be yellow, probably not the most "wanted" color on a Cobra, so I suspect the bonus of shiney paint would not be as high compared to if I was painting it blue and white (but when I paint it, that will be for me, not for market value.

Merv, still enjoying the car too much (even to much to take it off the road and paint it) to advertise it for sale.
But I do have silly thoughts now and then about getting into the US Muscle car collecting scene.
Something along these lines.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PLYMO...item2a0a2eb854

Cruising in 5th

Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Or something like this.
http://australianmusclecarsales.com....r-e38-big-tank
In the Aussie Muscle car arena.

Cruising in 5th

Old 09-15-2010, 01:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Very nice Dave. You have always had a soft spot for the ole Charger. I have never been a great fan of the US 'Muscle Cars', but since the Cobra, they have been far more attractive. Those auctions on TC - Mecum http://www.mecumauctions.com/

... have some amazingly reasonably prices

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, LS1, T56.
Not Ranked     

I would consider mine to be well built and with similar spec to yours Boxhead. Painted in Guards Red with grey leather trim. I have had it advertised for 92500 for a while and recently dropped to $82500. 2nd hand car market is flat to say the least. Check it out at www.carpoint.com.au or in last few Unique Cars magazines.

Regards,

Stuart
Old 09-16-2010, 08:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Stuart, even when my car is newly painted in Yellow/Black, I would consider your car to be more "desireable" to general market (Red being more popular than Yellow)
And you have the bonus of leather seats and I assume leather door trims.
Even when mine is all painted and trimmed in better carpets with edging, I still dont know if I will go leather (just have to see how much wear and tear happens with my current seats).
About to add another 5000 odd kls over the next 4 weeks.

Cruising in 5th

Old 09-25-2010, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, LS1, T56.
Not Ranked     

Yes, it does have the leather interior, asnd a softtop to go. In fact, the lucky purchaser will also get the trailer as well. I is a very robust old trailer that could do with some paint and light lenses, but still registered and tows exceptionally well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: