Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF - 351W, 944 non-turbo
Not Ranked     

I already went to the dealer and they told me to take it up with Tirerack.

Bob
Old 10-16-2010, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #100 under construction
Not Ranked     

Understand that Bob, however if the dealer is an authorised Bridgestone dealer he is OBLIGED to help. If he isn't go see one who is !
Rog

Harrison #100
Old 10-17-2010, 02:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

G'Day Bob,
Go past the local dealer and contact Bridgestone head office. I reckon they would be real interested in the way your local dealer is handling the problem. I did this years ago with a tire mob and they made the local dealer replace one defective tire free of charge with fitting and balancing thrown in. Thats how it should happen.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

I just bought a set of Kumho Ecsta XS for the new car, ( 255 /40/17 and 315/35/17 )

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Model=Ecsta+XS

and although I could get them all landed here for around the AUD$900-00 mark, which is a great price, in the end I bought them through the Bob Jane dealer in Mermaid Beach.

He charged me $275-00 a corner ( Strangely the price was the same for the fronts and the rears ?), so all up $1,100-00, which I thought was a lot closer to the U.S. price than it used to be.

But that will have them fitted on the car and all balanced, and IF there were any problems with them I'd be able to get it sorted out in person.

Plus, I buy all of our tyres from there, so it helps with the price on any future buys.

I still keep an eye on the tirerack prices....there's a lot of really well priced tyres ( Sorry TIRES ) to be had.

Cheers,
Warren

Last edited by Wazza; 10-20-2010 at 02:17 PM..
Old 10-17-2010, 02:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Hey there Wazza, they are the same tyres I bought and the same pricing ($275@) after I questioned my local dealer regarding price when compared to Tirerack.
Maybe Kumho are now offering beter prices to dealers?

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF - 351W, 944 non-turbo
Not Ranked     

In the end my tire issue (BIG Noise between 50 and 65) has been resolved. Both Bridgestone and especially Tirerack stepped up to the plate regarding the two Bridgestone Potenza tires I purchased and they are no longer my problem (other than the cost of mounting and balancinig twice). From now on it's either Yokohoma or Pirelli since I have had good luck with both brands. Bridgestone and BFG are no longer options.

Bob

Last edited by Bob In Ct; 10-20-2010 at 05:00 PM..
Old 10-20-2010, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good to see that you stuck it out and got a resolution Bob. As a matter of interest what was the problem ?
Rog

Harrison #100
Old 10-20-2010, 11:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3514, LS3, Dual Quads, Holley Dominator EFI, TR6060, VE 3.7 LSD, AP Racing Brakes, 17x8 & 10 Custom Dragway Billet Wheels.
Not Ranked     

Hey Wazza,
Thanks for spending some time with me and my son Thomas at the Nats, really appreciated,
What size and make rims have you got the Khumos on,

Cheers and best regards, note... LS7 is on the way, regards Dave
Old 10-22-2010, 07:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Hi Dave,

Nice to hear from you....

The wheels I'm putting those tyres on to are...

Vintage Wheels U.S. :

http://www.vintagewheelsus.com/products2.php

Front: HA 17 X 8.5 inch Knock off
Rear: HA 17 X 10.5 Inch Knock Off

Cheers,
Warren.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk4 Roadster, LS3, TR6060, 8 3/4"
Not Ranked     

Hey guys.

Is there any different spec in the tyres between US and Aus spec on sau the Ku36's? I mean, if I show up for rego with tyres bought in the US, will I get knocked back on them? I think when you import cars from the US they make you change the tyres, so was wondering if there was any relationship to that?
Old 11-19-2010, 02:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Not sure about that but I had Sumitomos from Tire Rack and they were no problem in rego.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon View Post
Not sure about that but I had Sumitomos from Tire Rack and they were no problem in rego.
same here

rgds

gregg
Old 11-20-2010, 12:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

A rego check ? They would only look at the tread depth. I doubt if anyone would look to see where they came from. Pirellis are made in France and Italy aren't they
Old 11-20-2010, 01:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey guys & Gals, as long as the tyre has a DOT approved logo on it its all good.
FYI Pirelli are made in Italy, France, Ireland & Sth Africa if I remember correctly. One of the problems with Continental tyres for years was that although they had DOT approval, they had no logo on sidewall so they couldn't be sold here, but that has changed.
Rog

Harrison #100
Old 11-20-2010, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thx guys
Old 11-28-2010, 12:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A vote from me too. I bought the BF Goodrich g-force Drag for my 15" rims. The only place they can be got here is tracktyres.com.au in Vic. They had prices of $350 fronts & $450 rears plus of course fitting, balance, freight to QLD etc.

I ordered them from Tirerack.com on Friday before last, they arrived Wed. I opted for the competition cycling also and they arrived at my door for $933.39USD (less in AUD at the time of order). The Fedex part was only around $235.

-Andy
Old 11-28-2010, 01:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Andy - $235 for shipping is a good deal. I just paid $175 for a couple of fuel pumps, throttle bodies, regulator and fuel rails. A regular 4bl intake manifold in a box would have taken up more space...

What size tyres did you order? Did they send a matched tread pattern for front to rear. Seems that I'm seeing the tread pattern from the first photo in the smaller sizes and the second photo in the wider sizes - even in a 15" diameter. Keen to hear what you got.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Do they sell fulll slicks?
Old 12-02-2010, 01:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750hp View Post

What size tyres did you order? Did they send a matched tread pattern for front to rear. Seems that I'm seeing the tread pattern from the first photo in the smaller sizes and the second photo in the wider sizes - even in a 15" diameter. Keen to hear what you got.

Hi Craig, sorry for the slowness replying;

Your second tread pattern (as above) for the whole set.

Heres the tirerack link; http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....+Drag+Radial+2

I got 275/50/R15 rears and 235/60/R15 fronts. I'd have to say they aren't for everyone, they are pretty soft on the sidewalls so are a little squirmy but have great grip once you get the pressures right. The wider ones have a solid slick band in the middle of about 3 inches and are quite sticky flicking stones up etc. The fronts had good tread depth but the rears had very shallow tread depth (you can see this on the specs).

I'd have to say that the part I cant get over is the thing just wants to brake go around corners now, and I feel like I can pull it down from any speed as hard as I like without breaking traction. Steering is a lot lighter also as I'm going down from 255 to 235s on the front but again so far I've not found a cornering limit despite them being narrow.

I had to drop the rears to 28psi before they would hold on under normal accel when it hits the torque band. I've still not worked out how to get it to hook up solidly off the line but I've not had much time on them yet.

Hope this helps

Andy
Old 01-19-2011, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi guys.

For anyone who has ordered some tires from these guys, how did you do it? It seems they are not so keen on answering emails just now and I am not sure if I can do an international order from the web direct?

Or do I need to go old school and use the phone !!??!