Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 10:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     
Default Baz's Build Update.

I had my RMC inspected by the RTA last June and they knocked me back on several items, most major as far as they were cocerned but pedantic and minor in everyone elses eyes.

These items have now been addressed and the car was inspected by my Engineer last week and found to comply with everyone of the relevant ADR's. His revised report should be ready shortly.

I then have to book it in with the RTA for its second inspection which I hope will be successful and the VIN No., issued shortly after.

My question is:-

There is a new RTA/Engineer procedure coming in throughout NSW early in 2011. Many of the current Engineers are opting out and don't want anything to do with the revised system. A rumour is circulating that no new ICV's including Clubmans have been passed by the RTA in NSW for over 4 months and that they are waiting for the new system to commence. In other words, they are rejecting cars on quite minor issues, not passing any as roadworthy and will be doing that until the new system is up and running.

If anyone has heard anything to the contrary or knows of any ICV's that have passed inspection in the past 4 months, could you please advise on this thread.

On a lighter note, I had the Cobra parked outside my home today when a couple of passing lovlies stopped to admire it. I am beginning to love my car more and more. Here are some pics....

php/photo/74632][/url]

Baz
Old 11-12-2010, 10:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Hi Baz, Looks like it's sitting up a bit. Is that to achieve min. road clearance?.

I'm talking about the car being up Baz .... nuffin else mate. )
Old 11-12-2010, 11:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #100 under construction
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
Hi Baz, Looks like it's sitting up a bit. Is that to achieve min. road clearance?.

Yep........that'll do it !!

Harrison #100
Old 11-13-2010, 02:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Hi Baz,

Not sure if you got that rumour from me, but thats my feeling. I havnt had anyone say that to me but i just cant see any other reason why they would be making up such rubbish that they have been failing clubbies on.

There has been some posts on the Ozclubbies forum where people are starting to get quite angry with it all. I think the forum is only visible to registered users so posting a link wont help, but basically a few of them are starting to ask why we are all putting up with this crap from people that are supposed to work for the public.

I was having a look at the govenment website and looking at the NSW ministers CV. He has absolutely no experience to do with the transport industry. He was an electrician and then a union boss.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

The car looks good Baz. Must chat about those cruises at some stage.

What is the story with those head restraint covers?

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post

Spot on Les,

The bottom of the headlights have to be a minimum of 500mm from the roadway. I know it looks like a 4 x 4 SUV Cobra, but my lamps are just over that measurement.

If you ask me, its a bit stiff.

Baz
Old 11-13-2010, 02:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
Hi Baz,

Not sure if you got that rumour from me, but thats my feeling. I havnt had anyone say that to me but i just cant see any other reason why they would be making up such rubbish that they have been failing clubbies on.

There has been some posts on the Ozclubbies forum where people are starting to get quite angry with it all. I think the forum is only visible to registered users so posting a link wont help, but basically a few of them are starting to ask why we are all putting up with this crap from people that are supposed to work for the public.

I was having a look at the govenment website and looking at the NSW ministers CV. He has absolutely no experience to do with the transport industry. He was an electrician and then a union boss.
I have heard you metion it Liam, but I have also heard it from other sources. I'm trying to get some feedback before I tip the bucket into the fan.

Baz
Old 11-13-2010, 03:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Baz,

I am keeping in contact with a guy who has passed all tests and has is application in with the RTA at present just waiting for an appointment. I will be anxiously watching because from speaking to him it sounds like his clubby is built well and he also has a highly regarded engineer. Will be interesting to see how he goes.

Also im not sure if you know but the RTA released a new brake test procedure a few weeks ago. The new one has a lower pedal force and also doesnt require 160kph for ICVs with brakes from a heavier vehicle like the old one. They are still accepting the old procedure.

Do you have seat and seat belt mount test results for your car?
Old 11-13-2010, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Hey Baz, Great news on your progress, not long to go hopefully. Your persistence will pay off.

Gotta leave my Cobra out the front like you if it attacts young lady folk.

So far all it does is attact men (my wife is happy about that) :-)

Quick question Baz, I like your side mirrors. Are you able to let me know why type and where you got them from? etc.

Thanks.

Rgds

Gregg
Old 11-14-2010, 12:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjkrv8 View Post
Hey Baz, Great news on your progress, not long to go hopefully. Your persistence will pay off.

Gotta leave my Cobra out the front like you if it attacts young lady folk.

So far all it does is attact men (my wife is happy about that) :-)

Quick question Baz, I like your side mirrors. Are you able to let me know why type and where you got them from? etc.

Thanks.

Rgds

Gregg
Thanks Gregg.

I thought that I was the only one who liked rectangular mirrors. I purchased them from our local Pep's Spare Parts shop in Engadine NSW. $50 a pair. Between you and me, I think it's the rectangular mirrors that bring in the chics.

Baz
Old 11-14-2010, 12:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Baz,

I am keeping in contact with a guy who has passed all tests and has is application in with the RTA at present just waiting for an appointment. I will be anxiously watching because from speaking to him it sounds like his clubby is built well and he also has a highly regarded engineer. Will be interesting to see how he goes.

Also im not sure if you know but the RTA released a new brake test procedure a few weeks ago. The new one has a lower pedal force and also doesnt require 160kph for ICVs with brakes from a heavier vehicle like the old one. They are still accepting the old procedure.

Do you have seat and seat belt mount test results for your car?
They are MX5 seats Liam. The RTA wanted test data for the seats and head restraints and the Engineer will be addressing these in his new report.

Baz
Old 11-14-2010, 02:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Thanks Gregg.

I thought that I was the only one who liked rectangular mirrors. I purchased them from our local Pep's Spare Parts shop in Engadine NSW. $50 a pair. Between you and me, I think it's the rectangular mirrors that bring in the chics.

Baz
I laughed big time on your last comment.

I dont mind the rectangular mirrors. I've got the crappy ones that you can hardly see anything.

will have to investigate, thanks for the info.

Rgds

Gregg
Old 11-14-2010, 03:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No, i mean the actual mounting brackets on the chassis frame. The RTA have requested test results for the structural capacity of the mounting points on the chassis. Mind you there is conflicting information as to whether they are still requiring this.

As for ADR compliance of the seats, my RX7 seat covers have an E mark sewn into them. I intend to keep the old covers for when the question is asked. What did you do about the head rests?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
They are MX5 seats Liam. The RTA wanted test data for the seats and head restraints and the Engineer will be addressing these in his new report.

Baz
Old 11-14-2010, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
No, i mean the actual mounting brackets on the chassis frame. The RTA have requested test results for the structural capacity of the mounting points on the chassis. Mind you there is conflicting information as to whether they are still requiring this.

As for ADR compliance of the seats, my RX7 seat covers have an E mark sewn into them. I intend to keep the old covers for when the question is asked. What did you do about the head rests?
They just wanted the head rests permanently attached to the seats, not slipped on like Golf Wood covers.

Requesting test results and supplying them are two different things. My Engineer is happy with the seat mounting brackets and is prepared to take them on regarding this issue.

Baz