Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Coca Cola Cobra`s (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/108193-coca-cola-cobra-s.html)

CMY-427 12-21-2010 03:55 AM

Coca Cola Cobra`s

Hi, I have just found my old password for this site and been able to log in here for the 1st time since 2001. I own the Cobra that was used in the TV commercial for the Coca Cola Competition in 1995, I have owned this car for the last 12 years and was just wondering if anybody here has a poster or a copy of the TV commercial that I could get a copy of. I have tried to find the commercial on youtube but had no luck..

Mrs flatchat 12-21-2010 04:53 AM

Yeah,-- a bit of interesting history there, all 10 were DRBs finished off by the snake pit in Sydney --it was quite a coup --allegedly most of them were won by 15 year old girls :p and at least one in each state.
I did have a poster but now can't remember what I've done with it.
Mr DRB himself or the Snake Pit guys may have some --back in the olden days of '95
Good Luck. Mr

CMY-427 12-21-2010 03:26 PM

Thanks for the reply, My Info may be incorrect but at the time I bought the car I was told that there were 13 cars built and 1 was crash tested in order to gain full ADR Compliance, the remaining 12 cars were given "Compliance Plates" stating that they are "Low volume production cars" There is NO engineers certificate on any of these Coca Cola cars as they needed to be nationally compliant to be distributed all around the country.
My car was won by a couple in Perth WA where it was put up for sale straight away at "The Toy Shop" the car sat there for 2 years without a sale, It was then sent to their sister shop "The Toy Shop" in North Sydney NSW where it was finally bought by a local man. He owned the car for 12 months and had only travelled 3000 k`s in it when I bought it from him.
I have been in contact with a few of the other owners over the years and yes there did seem to be a few go to young girls at the time, Lol. Every now and then I would see one come up for sale but not for a long time now, Years ago I tried to get in contact with The SnakePit Sydney but I think they must have closed down not long after these cars were built.

cobra60six 06-30-2014 11:11 PM

I own one of these cars, have done for the past 15 years.

Donunder 06-30-2014 11:30 PM

Just a quick welcome from me cobra60six.

Now I'll stand back and avoid the rush ...

David Hodgson 07-02-2014 04:37 AM

Welcome guys. There's a red one here in Canberra

elvis 07-02-2014 05:31 AM

There is one on car sales
Elvis

BJ's Snake 07-02-2014 06:00 PM

There is a pretty fast Purple one in Sydney

buddyg 07-03-2014 11:34 AM

pics would be great

just dreamin 07-06-2014 05:32 AM

The Snake Pit cars have low volume compliance which is a federal certification which was also granted to factory built Robnell cars.
This category does not require crash testing for compliance.

cobra60six 06-15-2015 01:49 AM

1995 Coca Cola Cobra

I have one of these cars but I have no idea how to post a pic here so you might want to go to my gallery pictures.

Cheers

stephen low 06-15-2015 03:56 AM

Interesting timing on this thread but I was auditing the Marketing Manager of an international truck company a couple of weeks ago.

It took me some time to notice in his office pictures of two cobras he had owned. One as blue and white stripes the other a red "Coca Cola" car he had bought second hand. He said he was never a member of the Victorian cobra club.

I can't recall the timing of his ownership but he clearly knew about the Coca Cola car history.

Suffice to say that when I showed him a photo of my car, all auditing ceased and car discussions entailed.

If there is interest I have his business card and can try and find out more information.

Cheers

cobra60six 06-15-2015 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephen low (Post 1352544)
Interesting timing on this thread but I was auditing the Marketing Manager of an international truck company a couple of weeks ago.

It took me some time to notice in his office pictures of two cobras he had owned. One as blue and white stripes the other a red "Coca Cola" car he had bought second hand. He said he was never a member of the Victorian cobra club.

I can't recall the timing of his ownership but he clearly knew about the Coca Cola car history.

Suffice to say that when I showed him a photo of my car, all auditing ceased and car discussions entailed.

If there is interest I have his business card and can try and find out more information.

Cheers

Funny this thread hasn't been active for ages, then we both post within a few hours of each other. I've just posted a few pics of my car in the Gallery Section if you're interested. I've had my car for about 15 years now and it's still a great drive. I've covered over 110,000Klm since purchasing it in 1999.

Cheers TeZ.

stephen low 06-15-2015 04:44 AM

TeZ

Had a look at your gallery and looks like a nice car.

As to timing well that's in the laps of th Gods I guess.

Particularly scheduling a marketing bloke for audit and discovering he has owner two cobras in the past. He's now a Vette man - mores the shame.

rmal95 09-27-2018 06:17 PM

Hi Guys
Was searching for info on the Coca Cola Cobras and came across these old posts
great info, I believe That I might have 1 of the 12 Cobras.
So I thought I better sign up.
On the compliance plate would the vin say which number out of the 12 it was or would it be somewhere else.

CMY-427 09-28-2018 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmal95 (Post 1451744)
Hi Guys
Was searching for info on the Coca Cola Cobras and came across these old posts
great info, I believe That I might have 1 of the 12 Cobras.
So I thought I better sign up.
On the compliance plate would the vin say which number out of the 12 it was or would it be somewhere else.

Welcome mal95, yes if you look at the last 2 digits of the VIN # it will tell you the actual number of the car you have, if you also have the original engine still in the car the last few numbers on that will also tell you the same thing...

rmal95 10-01-2018 06:24 PM

Thanks for that, looks like it's number 12 and has the same engine also.

Rob. Smith 10-05-2018 05:27 AM

I have a couple of clips of the Ampol add. It is grainy . Copied from the tv onto a vhs then burned onto a cd . I have no idea how to transfer it to this site . I have no idea how to find my own "profile" either. I understand I have to put it on my profile before I can post it on this site. help.

Ron61 10-05-2018 05:48 AM

Rob,

You can upload the video to You Tube and then put the link in a post here. This site doesn't allow embedding videos any more.

As for getting to your profile, just click on your name and that will take you to a page where your profile is.

Ron

Rob. Smith 10-10-2018 02:37 AM

Sorry to wet your appetite. I have tried to download the video twice to youtube and both times my computer ( modem) crashed and was down for a day. [thanks nbn] I'll keep trying to find an acceptable thingo, whatever to down load the clip.