Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 01:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

It is hard to get a handle on the costs on this, but the state and federal govts announced the other day that the many billions required would be made available with 75% coming from the Commonwealth and 25% from the QLD Govt ... also announced, on top of the 1000/pp, $25,000 grants for all small businesses affected.

Most of these poor folk have no insurance for flood damage either. I agree, we should all give to the Premier's Appeal..

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB, FORD 302W,T5
Not Ranked     
Wink

Our local dam (Leslie) opened its flood gates yesterday for the first time in over 20 years --brace yourselves for the next onslaught.......
Attached Images

Last edited by Mrs flatchat; 01-08-2011 at 12:57 AM..
Old 01-10-2011, 02:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Notice for West Ozzies --we got plenty of water to put out Bush fires
Old 01-10-2011, 02:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison supercharged
Send a message via MSN to hsv300 Send a message via Skype™ to hsv300
Not Ranked     

I live in Toowoomba / Withcott area pure devastation our shed moved of it's foundation water in our house (not bad we are one of the lucky ones) cars being washed down the road. Lucky I moved the Cobra before we went to the coast yesterday. 8 comfirmend dead and 72 missing not good at all, my thoughts go out to these people.

Greg
Old 01-10-2011, 03:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

Greg
Saw the tv footage last night up there.......so sorry for you guys, is it now 8 dead? It looked as though the area wasn't warned by the SES/weather bureau as so much was affected. Toowoomba hadn't been mentioned at all as being in the flood zone in the media.
Here in Nthn NSW we've been hammered by authorities to expect major flooding but we've only had minor problems.....so hard to predict the exact location of the rain cells i guess.
Sincere wishes getting over the devestastion
Greg
Old 01-10-2011, 04:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Not Ranked     

That is just terrible Greg. At least you are all OK. Our prayers go out to all those missing. The Sunshine Coast has been battered with continuous rain since well before Christmas but nothing like the flood trauma in other parts of the State.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

taken from local newspaper site

Good luck up there

LB
Old 01-10-2011, 11:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Brisbane is looking like its in trouble! Eve and Chris I hope your OK. Greg glad you're OK too.

Everyone be safe and take care. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

SpookyPT
Old 01-10-2011, 11:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

News is saying Gunna be worse than '74. Up to 6500 houses potentially going under in bris alone, not to mention CBD etc... Not Gunna be nice, lucky for memHendra is reasonably well elevated... I hope!! Stay safe everyone. I am actually stuck up the coast and cant get home for now...
Old 01-10-2011, 11:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for posting that clip Lobelly --It sure puts into perspective what can happen when a car is attacked by a bit of water.
We're OK at the mo --an Island, with water only a block away - peaking around 10 metres this time. --there'se still more to come
Old 01-11-2011, 02:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Chris if you guys (or anyone else) want a hand let me know as I can get a few car loads of fellas from down here to come up and give you guys a hand to clean up.

I'll talk to Wazza and see if he wants to get the club guys involved etc...

Happy to help!

Spookypt
Old 01-11-2011, 03:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
Chris if you guys (or anyone else) want a hand let me know as I can get a few car loads of fellas from down here to come up and give you guys a hand to clean up.

I'll talk to Wazza and see if he wants to get the club guys involved etc...

Happy to help!

Spookypt
Good work Spook.....

Happy to help if we can...

I'm from Ipswich, and went through the 1974 floods....can't imagine how it could be WORSE...mind blowing.

Not sure if we can do much though for a while...roads are all cut for the moment..a week at least I'd say...and there's now 70 communities/towns/cities in Queensland being hit by these floods.

Sounds like Chris and Yve are safe and sound...(Good News)....and if anything , we all might be able to help our local areas.....i.e. cleaning up after the water has gone down.

Police and State Emergency Services are telling everyone to stay home , and let the army/State Emergency Services/Police/Fire depts etc. all get the job done.

A Bloody Nightmare that's for sure.

Fingers crossed for everyone....

Ring me if you think I can do anything useful...
Phone 0416 185911.

Warren.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We kept our noses above the water in 74 ... just.

The word is that with the huge amount of water being released from Wivenhoe (equivalent to four Sydney Harbours a day), the level at Jindalee will be one to two metres higher than 74. One will mean water under our house, two will mean it comes upstairs. The first flood water from Wivenhoe and the Bremer arrives at Jindalee at 2.00 pm on Wednesday which just happens to coincide with one of the season's king tides. Nice! There'll be another peak on Thursday afternoon.

Craig took my Cobby over to his place today so she's high and dry, but we could only put his up on blocks in an effort to keep his Motec and associated expensive electronic goodies safe. Let's hope the level doesn't reach the predicted heights. Cross fingers!

Tomorrow promises to be an interesting day ...
Old 01-11-2011, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Thursday's going to be worse than Wednesday, but either way the more I think about it, the more inclined I am to come over and drag mine up the road a bit further.

The Motec connectors are waterproof, but i don't think the ECUs are. Not really a chance I want to take. This was only 200 metres away from you this afternoon...

Old 01-11-2011, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We lived at Yeronga near the river for the last 30 years in a lovely old Queenslander. The property was above the 1875 and 1974 floods but we had so many friends who lost everything in the lower areas. Even yesterday we were getting photos of areas that are flooding there.

Now living at Peregian Beach at the (Liquid) Sunshine Coast, we have these interesting new lakes that are forming everywhere and these black swans have arrived .... not sure what that means.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Craig and don room for your cars at my mums house if u need it! Call me on my mobile. Matt
Old 01-11-2011, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Evans kit, 6 litre, 6 speed, Jag F/R,
Not Ranked     

I know you are all grown adults, but please please don't take risky risks to try and save anything. The loss of a cobra or house would be traumatic on you, but the loss of your life would affect all your friends and family.
My friend Sharon was lucky to get home safely in toowoomba and her area narrowly missed the devastation. She spoke of large concrete sections taking off like foam surfboards.
I wish everyone the best over these next few days and hope you dont have the floaty snake problem as bad down south.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Evans kit, 6 litre, 6 speed, Jag F/R,
Not Ranked     

Brisbane river (webcam) http://www.livestream.com/brisbanefloods
Live video of Brisbane river floods - looking from Milton above Coronation Drive across the river to Riverside Drive

QLD raceway pic

Last edited by Outwest34au; 01-12-2011 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: removed dead link, add link
Old 01-13-2011, 01:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
Craig and don room for your cars at my mums house if u need it! Call me on my mobile. Matt
Thanks Matt - really appreciate the offer. We got all the cars out to higher ground, but thankfully the water didn't reach the expected level, meaning that Mum and Dad's house is safe once again. Dad's still out of power, but I bet he'll have some interesting photos when he gets back on here.

Thoughts are with so many who weren't so lucky...
Old 01-13-2011, 02:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Greg (HSV 300) lives at Withcott below Toowoomba and hasn't been so lucky.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.